• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russel Day Long Group Buy 20% off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgross98

Reaction score
Hello,

I found this group buy on another site and they need 50 people...I am going to PM him, I am in.....hope others are interested for 20% off....

Russel Group Buy on K Forum

I contacted Dale and he said we can contact him directly, we don't need to join his forum. If anyone is interested his email is [email protected] that way we can make it easy for people to join and maybe we can actually hit the 50 people order mark....All he asks is that you let him know you are interested and supply your name (first name is fine) and an email address.

Hope i am not breaking any rules, but thought others might be interested in saving some money on a Russel Seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to hold out, and hope that the group buy happens again on this forum.

Does anyone know for sure that we will have another group buy this fall on here???

I know I recently missed the last one and I know a group buy is NOT easy to host, so I was not interested in being the one to start it....so would not want to ask anyone to do something I wouldn't do myself :) i figured Dale on the other forum is doing all the work, all we have to do is just jump in :yahoo:

I hope it was not out of line to post on it on this forum, as this forum has been the best place for information and opinions before i got the fjr and after....thank you everyone for all the great ideas, insight and testing that has helped me and countless others with this great bike the FJR!!!!

I'm going to hold out, and hope that the group buy happens again on this forum.Does anyone know for sure that we will have another group buy this fall on here???

I'm going to hold out, and hope that the group buy happens again on this forum.Does anyone know for sure that we will have another group buy this fall on here???
Just by asking....I'd say YOU should be the one to do the hard work and set one up. So, sure...one might happen in the Fall if YOU set one up.

Seriously! Don't be taking these things for granted. Unless you're going to do one yourself take advantage of the one provided and say thank you!

Just by asking....I'd say YOU should be the one to do the hard work and set one up. So, sure...one might happen in the Fall if YOU set one up.
Seriously! Don't be taking these things for granted. Unless you're going to do one yourself take advantage of the one provided and say thank you!
As an admin and mod on a couple other forums, I've ran many group buys. Yes, I'm quite aware of the thankless job that entails... But we usually don't allow no-name members (like me here) run the buys. So I never even thought about myself starting it.

If it's alright with you, then I will try to set one up for this forum. I have no problem doing the work, as long as it's alright with you. This would actually be much easier than the buys I'm used to, as this would not entail collecting money and then shipping the product.

The point was that you should really read the top of this thread and leave this thread to the OP.

Thanks.

The Management

There is nothing special about having a group buy on this forum vs some other one.

Since the objective is to get 50 or more like-minded people that want to order their seats over the winter so you can get the 20% discount, who cares if it originated here or some Bimmer forum?

Heck, maybe if all the forums got together for a mega-group buy they could reach an even bigger order number and get an even deeper discount (though I doubt it).

Anyone wanting to kick off an additional group buy should, as Iggie suggested, should be the point (wo)man for making it happen.

Getting 50 is a combined effort. This only difficulty is that the K one is asking that someone PM or e-mail their point man. That means registering for their forum. To facilitate people here participating, perhaps the OP should accept PMs and forward them. Or maybe asking the other forum coordinator for his e-mail and posting it here would be easier.

But yeah, splitting the energy into 2 group buys seems counter productive. Even the past ones here have been a combination of the COG & FJR mail lists plus multiple forums to get critical mass.

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT BOUNCE!!!!!

A Mega-Forum Group buy would be the best way to get 50. I think it would be great if anyone interested or willing to help, could post this on other forums that they are members of. To help make it easier to be part of the group buy I contacted Dale over at the K forum to see if we coud contact him directly instead of having to join the other forum. This is Dale's response:

" I don't mind if they use my personal email. It's [email protected] They just need to let me know they are interested and supply their name (first name is fine) and an email address. Dale"

So we can just contact him directly for now on and he said he will keep everyone posted with the number of people....

Thanks everyone.....

Robert

Anyone wanting to kick off an additional group buy should, as Iggie suggested, should be the point (wo)man for making it happen.
Getting 50 is a combined effort. This only difficulty is that the K one is asking that someone PM or e-mail their point man. That means registering for their forum. To facilitate people here participating, perhaps the OP should accept PMs and forward them. Or maybe asking the other forum coordinator for his e-mail and posting it here would be easier.

But yeah, splitting the energy into 2 group buys seems counter productive. Even the past ones here have been a combination of the COG & FJR mail lists plus multiple forums to get critical mass.

Multi-forum/list group buys have been happening every year for the past 6 or so years. I got mine that way before the 03 IBR. Russell ALWAYS does them in the off season because they're too busy the rest of the year. Having an advanced notification list stating up this early in the year is a good thing. Usually we don't hear anything until about Sept or Oct for a December buy.

Besides, I don't know about anyone else, but a 20% discount is better than a 0% one simply because I can't wait. Thanks for the heads up, Robert and thanks for contacting Dale and getting the contact info out there. I also got a great price on my bike thanks to the PdP program.

Thanks for letting us know rgross!

I just emailed him and posted that I'm in on the K forum.

No Problem Everyone....I also posted on other forums and looks like some are signing up there too...I hope we make it :)

Quick update....Dale says we are up to 32 people so far, and I just responded to a couple people over at ADVrider...so they may be adding to that number too....Robert

Sorry for the confusion on my part. My understanding was that this forum already had a buy underway. On top of that ignorance, I didn't realize that this is normally facilitated on multiple forums.

That being said, I'm in. A friend and I are planning ride-ins this December.

So that will be 2 more for the list.

Yes, the last time I talked to them I was informed to call back and schedule a date, as they would only do 1 ride-in a day.

The discount is not applicable for ride-ins...

So I'm out...damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.