• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russel Day Long Group Buy 20% off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's e-mail from Dale:

Here is the latest information. We have about 45 people so far but some of you mentioned a ride in. As you can see, ride in appointments don’t get the 20%.

Let me know if there are any changes, etc.

Thanks,

Dale

Here is the scoop on the group buy:

1. The order has to arrive at RCP (Russell Cycle Products www.day-long.com ) between November 2 and November 30. No earlier and no later.

2. ( Information Deleted You must Email Dale and get on the list for this information.)

3. 20% off of everything except shipping

4. Applies to mail orders only – ride in appointments do not get the 20% discount.

5. They will calculate the discount or you can calculate it yourself.

6. 50+ participants get 20%

7. 25-49 participants get 15%

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I'm in. Just sent him an email.

Anybody else going for the vinyl? Even with the discount, I'm not going to be able to swing the leather.

Alright, I'm in. Just sent him an email. Anybody else going for the vinyl? Even with the discount, I'm not going to be able to swing the leather.

Glad to have another one!!! I hope this a great help to save a few bucks for fellow FJR Nuts!

I figure I am already putting on credit card and will be paying it off slowly, what's a few more total dollars :) . I am looking down the barrel of a solo seat, all leather, graphite color, half moon quilting, leather backrest, and heavy wieght suspension...$905 with shipping, $945.00...

PLEASE LET'S MAKE THE 20% DISCOUNT!!!! :D

Robert

I'll probably be getting in on this before the close date too. I need a passenger seat done up to m'lady's specs, and I'm also considering getting a saddle done for the Trophy, but that will depend on funding... :unsure:

Hey everybody...Dale sent the latest update!

We are over 50 as per Dale, soooo it looks like 20% off for everyone who gets in on this group buy!!!!!!

If anyone else is interested, send the email to Dale, the more the merrier....

Arrgh. I wish the buid date was sooner, my wonderful wife mailed my order form before I got back from Iraq and am sending my seats this week for a Sept 8th projected build date. I'd have loved to help out in the effort and save a bonus 150 bucks.

Ahh well... I got 2 big rides scheduled in my 30 days post deployment vacation and can't wait.

Arrgh. I wish the buid date was sooner, my wonderful wife mailed my order form before I got back from Iraq and am sending my seats this week for a Sept 8th projected build date. I'd have loved to help out in the effort and save a bonus 150 bucks.
Ahh well... I got 2 big rides scheduled in my 30 days post deployment vacation and can't wait.

Welcome back, safe and sound. Keep the rubber side down.

FYI for anyone looking to get added to the list for the Russell Seat purchase. Dale had to cut off on allowing more people on. He was looking for 50 and is over 100 now.

FYI for anyone looking to get added to the list for the Russell Seat purchase. Dale had to cut off on allowing more people on. He was looking for 50 and is over 100 now.
What? Since when is there a maximum number for a group buy?

I thought the whole point of a group buy was a volume discount from the vendor! So now Russell is saying this is bringing them too much business? I fully intended on getting in on this but had not yet decided if it was for one seat or two, and now I can't get in on it?

WTF?

If this truly is their position, I will be looking very closely at a Rocky Mayer for my next seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.