• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russel Day Long Group Buy 20% off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Dale, he was told to stop at 100. when I talked to him, he was at 102.

According to Dale, he was told to stop at 100. when I talked to him, he was at 102.
Glad I got in... Does anyone recall a group buy going over 100 participants? Even taking into consideration that this one involved multiple forums joining (which was very kind of Dale to do), that's still a lot of unhappy butts. Should make for a Merry Christmas for the fine folks at Russel's. The e-mail I received from Dale stated that anyone not wishing to remain in the group buy should let him know as he has a waiting list. Too bad they didn't up the discount for 100... I wonder if the restriction to 100 is due to time constraints on getting the seats back to us in a timely fashion. Not sure of how many people work on a seat, or how long it takes to build one, but 100+ seats seems like a fair amount of work for a small shop.

I just keep telling my butt (and my wife's) to hang on, relief is on the way.

Glad I got in... Does anyone recall a group buy going over 100 participants? Even taking into consideration that this one involved multiple forums joining (which was very kind of Dale to do), that's still a lot of unhappy butts. Should make for a Merry Christmas for the fine folks at Russel's. The e-mail I received from Dale stated that anyone not wishing to remain in the group buy should let him know as he has a waiting list. Too bad they didn't up the discount for 100... I wonder if the restriction to 100 is due to time constraints on getting the seats back to us in a timely fashion. Not sure of how many people work on a seat, or how long it takes to build one, but 100+ seats seems like a fair amount of work for a small shop.

I just keep telling my butt (and my wife's) to hang on, relief is on the way.
I'm in on the list as well... the last one on the list! He told me to post to everyone that he couldn't take more.

FYI for anyone looking to get added to the list for the Russell Seat purchase. Dale had to cut off on allowing more people on. He was looking for 50 and is over 100 now.
What? Since when is there a maximum number for a group buy?

I thought the whole point of a group buy was a volume discount from the vendor! So now Russell is saying this is bringing them too much business? I fully intended on getting in on this but had not yet decided if it was for one seat or two, and now I can't get in on it?

WTF?

If this truly is their position, I will be looking very closely at a Rocky Mayer for my next seat.

Seriously. 12 days after making it to 50 orders it goes over 100? This is frustrating.

Edit: I just wanted to add, while I'm disappointed I missed out, I'm glad the group buy did so well. Hopefully Russell will see it as a good way to fill their slow season and do it again next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
My typical luck! I find out what a group buy is and i'm a day late and a dollar short. :angry2: I guess I will wait for another or buy a corbin for now as I don't think my butt can take too much more of his factory saddle. :blink:

Since this GB has ended and Demetri has kindly placed a link to the new GB, I'll close this thread so that the last post neatly segues to the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.