Russel Day Long

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered my RDL this morning under the GL1800 group buy. Just a reminder... If you are part of this group buy remember that you have a small window to get your order submitted to RDL. It's open 12/05/11 through 12/09/11.

Ordered my RDL this morning under the GL1800 group buy. Just a reminder... If you are part of this group buy remember that you have a small window to get your order submitted to RDL. It's open 12/05/11 through 12/09/11.

My order was placed at 5:53am today, I was pretty early on the buy list. Oh, I can't wait! Helibars and a new riding suit this winter, too. Next season is gonna be so much fun!

Here is what I posted for a thank you/follow up on the GL1800 Forum:

I live in PA so I set the alarm for 3:15 AM. I got up and e-mailed my .pdf and Pictures. They were very specific when I called and said it had to be after12:01 December 5th their time so I gave it an extra 15 mins :)

I ride a FJR 1300 and was so happy to get in on this!

The reason is, I totaled my 07 BMW K1200LT July of 10. Broke my neck in 2 places at the Atlas and Axis C1 and C2, got four screws and 2 rods, a plate and 9 screws in my right wrist, broke my left ankle, and a few ribs while in ND.

September 10 I bought a 10 FJR for many reasons but mostly weight and money considerations. Well they had a group buy and I could not sit the bike to have the pictures taken! SO I missed the group buy :) I was cleared to drive January 2011. I did not press the Neurosurgeon on if that was a car or a bike :)

I had a Day long on the LT and for 39,000 miles my but was in heaven!

The stock, and Corbin did not work at all for me. I have a Sargent on it now and it is bearable with a sheep skin alternating them out about every 200 miles or so on trips but is NOT a Day Long. 7000 miles is too many without a Day Long, period!

Thank you so much for your work and time and allowing me to get in on this group buy from your Forum. 20% is a nice savings to me having a duel done in Leather and Vinyl.

Lee

Damn! I didn't get up early or anything to order. Just submitted it when I got to work. I was part of the GL1800 buy early on - somewhere around 40 or so. I don't know if RDL is going by the list ranking or when you submit your order. As long as I get mine before the weather warms up this spring, I'll be happy.

Damn! I didn't get up early or anything to order. Just submitted it when I got to work. I was part of the GL1800 buy early on - somewhere around 40 or so. I don't know if RDL is going by the list ranking or when you submit your order. As long as I get mine before the weather warms up this spring, I'll be happy.
I got in early on the buy, and I was up early Monday while waiting for a flight. I got my order submitted around 6am or so. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it. My wife and I did several 1000 mile weekend rides this year. My butt will appreciate a seat better suited to long distance riding.

Joe

Here is what I posted for a thank you/follow up on the GL1800 Forum:

I live in PA so I set the alarm for 3:15 AM. I got up and e-mailed my .pdf and Pictures. They were very specific when I called and said it had to be after12:01 December 5th their time so I gave it an extra 15 mins :)

I ride a FJR 1300 and was so happy to get in on this!

The reason is, I totaled my 07 BMW K1200LT July of 10. Broke my neck in 2 places at the Atlas and Axis C1 and C2, got four screws and 2 rods, a plate and 9 screws in my right wrist, broke my left ankle, and a few ribs while in ND.

September 10 I bought a 10 FJR for many reasons but mostly weight and money considerations. Well they had a group buy and I could not sit the bike to have the pictures taken! SO I missed the group buy :) I was cleared to drive January 2011. I did not press the Neurosurgeon on if that was a car or a bike :)

I had a Day long on the LT and for 39,000 miles my but was in heaven!

The stock, and Corbin did not work at all for me. I have a Sargent on it now and it is bearable with a sheep skin alternating them out about every 200 miles or so on trips but is NOT a Day Long. 7000 miles is too many without a Day Long, period!

Thank you so much for your work and time and allowing me to get in on this group buy from your Forum. 20% is a nice savings to me having a duel done in Leather and Vinyl.

Lee
That Corbin saddle is pretty, but as you well know... Your butt will love the Russell!

I got in early on the buy, and I was up early Monday while waiting for a flight. I got my order submitted around 6am or so. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it. My wife and I did several 1000 mile weekend rides this year. My butt will appreciate a seat better suited to long distance riding.

Joe
When I spoke to Kim she said flat out "First 125 in, wins, period" If your name was on the list number one, and you ordered 126th, you did not get the deal. If your name was one of the 177 on the page and you ordered 125th, even if you were 177th, you win. You must be on the list though.

I was rather put off as I got listed pretty early so had a relatively low number and put it out om my mind, until I called. Since I am 3 hours later on the Right Coast I figured a lot of Left Coast people would be on it.

I really do not know at this moment if I got in our not? I will wait to later in the week so they can sort it out a bit before I call.

One way or another I will be on a Day Long this summer.

All I know about it at this point.

Joe
When I spoke to Kim she said flat out "First 125 in, wins, period" If your name was on the list number one, and you ordered 126th, you did not get the deal. If your name was one of the 177 on the page and you ordered 125th, even if you were 177th, you win. You must be on the list though.

I was rather put off as I got listed pretty early so had a relatively low number and put it out om my mind, until I called. Since I am 3 hours later on the Right Coast I figured a lot of Left Coast people would be on it.

I really do not know at this moment if I got in our not? I will wait to later in the week so they can sort it out a bit before I call.

One way or another I will be on a Day Long this summer.

All I know about it at this point.
Well, just finished my entry and it's sent in. Hopefully will be one of the select few....

I'd be surprised if they didn't take all 170+ orders. It's money in the bank and no one's the wiser that they did a single seat more than 125.

I'd be surprised if they didn't take all 170+ orders. It's money in the bank and no one's the wiser that they did a single seat more than 125.
Not sure on that at all.

First, 20% off on a pretty pricey seat is a lot of money, read, profit margin.

Second, do not know how long it takes to make a seat or how many people they have making them, but their "season" starts mid to late February for all the shows in March and April. Those are not 20% off.

Remember this is only January production dates being scheduled in early December.

I am sure you will hear of someone being turned out on the 20% off deal.

Someone posted on the GL1800 site that Kim @ RDL informed them that they had 30 more slots open as of lunch time today. We're all good to go... :yahoo:

Someone posted on the GL1800 site that Kim @ RDL informed them that they had 30 more slots open as of lunch time today. We're all good to go... :yahoo:
Maybe we will make it!
Made it! Received a confirming email today with a build date. :yahoo:
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited to have gotten in on the 20% off.

So now the wait begins I need to have it in by January 17th so I look for mid February for getting it.

I had the rear seat done as Average even though I do not carry anyone regularly. Just made sense since I was going to recover it anyway, so I went ahead and had it done.

I have missed the Day Long since I have had the FJR.

Will have a as new Sargent Set for sale in February. It has 2000 miles on the front and the rear never sat on. Black Silver Welt. Shameless plug, but there should be some other aftermarket seats flying around in February and March for those who do not like Day Longs.

HA! My rebuild is scheduled for Jan 4, I'll ship it off this week. My butt can't wait. Regardless, its first ride won't be until March or April, as soon as the rain washes away the road salt.

Showed up last night, installed this AM

daylong.jpg

70 miles on her today and it is one fine seat.

Got my call tonight. My seat is on the way back! With the lack of snow we've had this season, we may end up getting an early start. Maybe the road salt will be gone in March...

Either way, I'm looking forward to breaking it in,

Joe