• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day-Long Touring Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me on the will buy list, for sure, no doubt about it, absolutely.
The list that Ralph quoted was not the most recent one. This should be the most recent including the addition of Ralph.

Will purchase for sure

1) 2006FJR

2) FJR pig

3) phil

4) devanator

5) bbailey925

6) hoghead

7) fjrchik

8) bikerskier

9) HYCLE

10) jet mechanic

11) Murph

12) Bayou Boy

13) Huron 52

14) FatNakedGuy

15) PtInstructor (My FJR)

16) PtInstructor (Wife's FJR)

17) Misalot

18) Tapsport

19) JonT

20) Protondecay123

21) FJRRobert

22) FJRRocket

23) bikerhawk (COG Forum)

24) brokenspoke (COG Forum)

25) Palomino (COG Forum)

26) dbethel (COG Forum)

27) Kilt boy (COG Forum)

28) Farhawk

29) Clubber

30) greg97224

31) tcooksey

32) Ralph

Maybe (depends on discount/time/money)

1) Renegade (More than likely if the wait is short)

2) cywolv

3) RTSR1/FJR

4) 7xray

5) hoghead

6) dunham

7) rockwells (STN Forum)

8) Enumclaw (COG Forum)

9) PDsgt

10) MrBill

11) Brian Ewell

12) Ricksfjr

13) Spinblue

14) Farkles

15) skuehl

16) KIEEFER

17) OhioFJR1300

18) 07FJRSD (said maybe in an earlier post)

19) twistedcricket - 99.9% there

20) ShowMe (very interested)

21) double_entendre

22) FJR CCB (Chris Burdett)

23) AStar

24) double_entendre

25) TwoWheelNut (Drive in concerns we will need to look into before we move to for sure)

26) Highlander

27) LAroo

28) SouthernCruizer

29) Jon_T (I was not sure if you wanted to be an yes or a maybe?)

30) Feejer/Weejer_man

31) Strawboss (COG Forum)

32) jjones520 (COG Forum)

33) Enumclaw (COG Forum

34) khrome

35)Joe2Lmaker

36) FredW

37) The Flying Dutchman

2006FJR,

I waited, wanting to get on the definite list. However, I've had a seat built on my stock pans and now don't have pans. So put me on the maybe list pending my search for pans (front and rear 2007). Can anyone out there help? I've had a WTB stock pans on 2 different sites for some time now. No bites..... :glare: I deserve this for pulling the trigger too early.

The Hound

Will purchase for sure

1) 2006FJR

2) FJR pig

3) phil

4) devanator

5) bbailey925

6) hoghead

7) fjrchik

8) bikerskier

9) HYCLE

10) jet mechanic

11) Murph

12) Bayou Boy

13) Huron 52

14) FatNakedGuy

17) Misalot

18) Tapsport

19) JonT

20) Protondecay123

21) FJRRobert

22) FJRRocket

25) Palomino (COG Forum)

26) dbethel (COG Forum)

27) Kilt boy (COG Forum)

28) Farhawk

29) Clubber

30) greg97224

31) tcooksey

32) Ralph

33) GalaxyBlue

2) cywolv

3) RTSR1/FJR

4) 7xray

5) hoghead

6) dunham

7) rockwells (STN Forum)

8) Enumclaw (COG Forum)

9) PDsgt

10) MrBill

11) Brian Ewell

12) Ricksfjr

13) Spinblue

14) Farkles

15) skuehl

16) KIEEFER

17) OhioFJR1300

21) double_entendre

23) AStar

24) double_entendre

25) TwoWheelNut (Drive in concerns we will need to look into before we move to for sure)

26) Highlander

27) LAroo

28) SouthernCruizer

30) Feejer/Weejer_man

33) Enumclaw (COG Forum

34) khrome

35)Joe2Lmaker

36) FredW

37) The Flying Dutchman

Wow, the interest is overwhelming. I just called and spoke to Terry at Russell and he said that the best he could do would be 15% BUT if we could hit 50 then he would honor a 20% discount. I have just added all of the people who were on the FJR list and those that have PMd me. I still need to go to 3 other forums right now and pull everyone so we can work off of just this one list. At the rate ew are going I know we can hit 50 people and I am sure there might be some who back out or do not pay so we will need to make sure we have some wiggle room when we get to the final count. The discount is going to be based on number of orders not numbers on this list. Terry mention that we can start sending in orders right now for the December build and it is VERY important that we mention we are part of this buy. Use the word "DECEMBER GROUP BUY" during check out so you will get the discount and help Terry know this was an order to help us get closer to our 20% goal.

I removed FJRROcket and FredW but would love it if you guys come back to help us all build the numbers we need to reach the next level. Terry is a real class act and they run one hell of an operation so this is really nice of them to work with us. The bottom line is many of us are going to be sending off orders not knowing if we are going to get a 10%, 15% or a 20% discount but it will all depend on how many orders are placed. I would think it is safe to say we are going to reach our 15% goal with ease and we have a good chance of hitting our 20% goal but we will not know until orders are in. I would like everyone to please use this master list as we move forward so people do not keep getitng deleted. Once you place your order and ship your pan please come back and put the word PAID in bold so everyone knows you paid and we will start our own count. This would be a good time to ask any questions you might have and let's rally the forces to get more people. Remember if you sign up and pay now you will not be billed until it ships. They will confirm you have the money available on the card and that is it. The money will likely come out sometime in Decembre and with this many orders I would suggest getting your orders in early so the 2 week time frame does not get extended to 3 or 4 weeks.

Will purchase for sure

1) 2006FJR

2) FJR pig

3) phil

4) devanator

5) bbailey925

6) hoghead

7) fjrchik

8) bikerskier

9) HYCLE

10) jet mechanic

11) Murph

12) Bayou Boy

13) Huron 52

14) FatNakedGuy

17) Misalot

18) Tapsport

19) JonT

20) Protondecay123

21) FJRRobert

22) FatRat

25) Palomino (COG Forum)

26) dbethel (COG Forum)

27) Kilt boy (COG Forum)

28) Farhawk

29) WPBFJR

30) PTInstructor (would like 2)

31) PTInstructor

32) STNY (ST1300)

33) SmokeFJR06

34) Twisted Rocket

35) PHIL

36) BBailey925

37) DJW

38) MojoMan

39) MnFJR05

40) RALPH

41) Greg97224

42) GalaxyBlue

43) Sandman (ST1300 Forum)

44) STrep (ST1300 & FJR)

45) CARPDM (would like 2) (ST1300 Forum)

46) CARPDM

47) CABoy (Would like 2) (ST1300 Forum)

48) CABoy

49) RetPD2001 (ST1300)

50) CarPDM (ST1300)

51) CarPDM

52) Snowmoer (ST1300)

53) BrightEYEsue (Would like 2) (ST1300)

54) BrightEYEsue

55) fast cat (ST1300)

56) Spotz (ST1300)

57) kwn306 (COG)

58) seraph (COG)

59) RWJC (COG)

60) Fred (Sport-Touring.net)

61) brokenSPOKE (Sport-Touring.net)

62)

63) VirginaJIM (Sport-Touring.net)

64) dbethel (Sport-Touring.net)

65) Tusk (Sport-Touring.net)

66) JamminJere (Sport-Touring.net) (Seat for C14?)

67) FredK (Sport-Touring.net)

68) Murphy1292 (Sport-Touring.net)

69) zgjim (Sport-Touring.net)

70) enumclaw (Sport-Touring.net)

71) SCLDR (Sport-Touring.net)

72) RonM (Sport-Touring.net)

73) Enumclaw (COG)

74) cturnej (ST1300)

2) cywolv

3) RTSR1/FJR

4) 7xray

5) C14Rider

6) dunham

7) rockwells (STN Forum)

8)

9) PDsgt

10) MrBill

11) Brian Ewell

12) Ricksfjr

13) Spinblue

14) Farkles

15) skuehl

16) KIEEFER

17) OhioFJR1300

21) double_entendre

23) AStar

24) double_entendre

26) Highlander

27) LAroo

28) SouthernCruizer

30) Feejer/Weejer_man

33)

34) khrome

35) RNEAL55555 (would like 2)

36) RNEAL55555

37) WalkerHound

38) Rockwells (Sport-Touring.net)

39) kilt boy COG (Sport-Touring.net)

40) thatGUY (Sport-Touring.net)

41) JustBOB (Sport-Touring.net)

42) Radrog (Sport-Touring.net)

43)

44) Fitenfyr (Sport-Touring.net)

45) sscharf (Sport-Touring.net)

46) c14rider (Sport-Touring.net)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done 2006FJR!

I'm sure some will complain the discount is too low (Thats how you know its a GB, the complaints!) but IMO a Russel is worth the price at full price.

If I didn't already have one I'd jump in.

That's odd that they won't honor their first offer of up to 25%, maybe more. I'll still honor my commitment, Thanks again ! :yes:

That's odd that they won't honor their first offer of up to 25%, maybe more. I'll still honor my commitment, Thanks again ! :yes:
In there defense I spoke to Heather first and then Terry later when he returned. I would blame me for sharing too quickly and not waiting to hear from the owner first.

I seem to have not made the list. Stick me on the probably list please.

So do we have to send the seat pan in with our order or will they contact us with a build date to have our pan by?

If it's the latter, sorry guys but I'm not sitting here with an unrideable bike while Russel has my seat and we both wait for 50 other guys to send seats in so he knows how much to charge me. I'll just pay full price.

If I can keep my seat and ride until the build date, then I'll be in no matter what the discount.

So do we have to send the seat pan in with our order or will they contact us with a build date to have our pan by?If it's the latter, sorry guys but I'm not sitting here with an unrideable bike while Russel has my seat and we both wait for 50 other guys to send seats in so he knows how much to charge me. I'll just pay full price.If I can keep my seat and ride until the build date, then I'll be in no matter what the discount.
If it helps, after they get your order, they contact you with a date for you to send your seat to them, so you may not be "bike-less" for all that long...From their website:production Schedule:When your order has been received, you will be issued a production date in the order received. You will be contacted either by e-mail or the telephone. Do to variables in custom manufacturing, scheduled production dates may change. Under normal circumstances it takes at least two weeks in production. Please call before shipping your seat or seats to be sure production dates are on schedule.
So do we have to send the seat pan in with our order or will they contact us with a build date to have our pan by?If it's the latter, sorry guys but I'm not sitting here with an unrideable bike while Russel has my seat and we both wait for 50 other guys to send seats in so he knows how much to charge me. I'll just pay full price.If I can keep my seat and ride until the build date, then I'll be in no matter what the discount.
If it helps, after they get your order, they contact you with a date for you to send your seat to them, so you may not be "bike-less" for all that long...From their website:production Schedule:When your order has been received, you will be issued a production date in the order received. You will be contacted either by e-mail or the telephone. Do to variables in custom manufacturing, scheduled production dates may change. Under normal circumstances it takes at least two weeks in production. Please call before shipping your seat or seats to be sure production dates are on schedule.

In there defense I spoke to Heather first and then Terry later when he returned. I would blame me for sharing too quickly and not waiting to hear from the owner first.

Not a problem. I certainly appreciate you working this out for all of us. I'll be getting my order soon, but don't really need the seat until next spring. The 2007 riding days are numbered here in Illinois. Sure wish I lived somewhere where it's riding weather year round. Oh well......

Smoke

Wow, I have not check this thread for a few days. There are 70 plus for sure orders? Great :yahoo: I'm going to have to make up my mind now. With this many orders, can I assume that the build dates will be beyond Dec. ? It seems like with this many orders and a 2 week production time, that it may be a few weeks or months before they get to all of them. But if I understand it right, you will only be without your seat for 3-4 weeks. Do I understand this properly? :blink:

Wow, I have not check this thread for a few days. There are 70 plus for sure orders? Great :yahoo: I'm going to have to make up my mind now. With this many orders, can I assume that the build dates will be beyond Dec. ? It seems like with this many orders and a 2 week production time, that it may be a few weeks or months before they get to all of them. But if I understand it right, you will only be without your seat for 3-4 weeks. Do I understand this properly? :blink:
They are holding firm on 2 weeks to build but I would say figure 3 to be safe. Once you send in the order you will hold onto your seat until they call you or email you to send it. I trust Terry and if they want to charge me in full they can issue me a refund later once they find out how many people they are going to have. He might decide to take 10-15% of right away and then issue us the additional discount once they get a firm count. I just hope we do not get a lot of people who drop out for one reason or another.

Will purchase for sure

1) 2006FJR

2) FJR pig

3) phil

4) devanator

5) bbailey925

6) hoghead

7) fjrchik

8) bikerskier

9) HYCLE

10) jet mechanic

11) Murph

12) Bayou Boy

13) Huron 52

14) FatNakedGuy

17) Misalot

18) Tapsport

19) JonT

20) Protondecay123

21) FJRRobert

22) FatRat

25) Palomino (COG Forum)

26) dbethel (COG Forum)

27) Kilt boy (COG Forum)

28) Farhawk

29) WPBFJR

30) PTInstructor (would like 2)

31) PTInstructor

32) STNY (ST1300)

33) SmokeFJR06

34) Twisted Rocket

35) PHIL

36) BBailey925

37) DJW

38) MojoMan

39) MnFJR05

40) RALPH

41) Greg97224

42) GalaxyBlue

43) Sandman (ST1300 Forum)

44) STrep (ST1300 & FJR)

45) CARPDM (would like 2) (ST1300 Forum)

46) CARPDM

47) CABoy (Would like 2) (ST1300 Forum)

48) CABoy

49) RetPD2001 (ST1300)

50) CarPDM (ST1300)

51) CarPDM

52) Snowmoer (ST1300)

53) BrightEYEsue (Would like 2) (ST1300)

54) BrightEYEsue

55) fast cat (ST1300)

56) Spotz (ST1300)

57) kwn306 (COG)

58) seraph (COG)

59) RWJC (COG)

60) Fred (Sport-Touring.net)

61) brokenSPOKE (Sport-Touring.net)

62)

63) VirginaJIM (Sport-Touring.net)

64) dbethel (Sport-Touring.net)

65) Tusk (Sport-Touring.net)

66) JamminJere (Sport-Touring.net) (Seat for C14?)

67) FredK (Sport-Touring.net)

68) Murphy1292 (Sport-Touring.net)

69) zgjim (Sport-Touring.net)

70) enumclaw (Sport-Touring.net)

71) SCLDR (Sport-Touring.net)

72) RonM (Sport-Touring.net)

73) Enumclaw (COG)

74) cturnej (ST1300)

75) FJR&R

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so do we just go online and place our order and then the discount will be applied when built in December? What's the deadline for placing the order?

Check on the list for a seat that someone wants to sell. or some have and extra seat and are willing to lend it out if you pay shipping both ways. Instead of a negative statement work within the system to work around a potential problem. I always buy an extra seat for each bike just incase of a custom build. i can always sell it as someone is always looking for a seat for the same or similar reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.