• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day-Long Touring Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would obviously be more interested if it were a 20+% discount. I planned on sending both seats in. Does that make a difference? If some people were sending in their seat and not the pillion that would make it a quicker turn-around I would imagine....

If the discount is 15% I will probably only send in my seat and not the pillion...

I wouldn't waste my time on 10 or 15 percent off. I will ride in for the best seat possible at another time unless 25% is met. Appreciate the effort being made ! C'mon 25 !

OK,

I am now bailing out on this GB. I was figuring it would be 25% for sure. A 15% discount doesn't cut it.

I also stumbled into a used Mayer seat for sale (when I was searching for some seat pans) so I'm just going to buy that and save my self a couple hundred bucks.

You guys should really be getting at least a 25% discount.

So here is the last list minus me:

Will purchase for sure

1) 2006FJR

2) FJR pig

3) phil

4) devanator

5) bbailey925

6) hoghead

7) fjrchik

8) bikerskier

9) HYCLE

10) jet mechanic

11) Murph

12) Bayou Boy

13) Huron 52

14) FatNakedGuy

15) PtInstructor (My FJR)

16) PtInstructor (Wife's FJR)

17) Misalot

18) Tapsport

19) JonT

20) Protondecay123

21) FJRRobert

22) FJRRocket

23) bikerhawk (COG Forum)

24) brokenspoke (COG Forum)

25) Palomino (COG Forum)

26) dbethel (COG Forum)

27) Kilt boy (COG Forum)

28) Farhawk

Maybe (depends on discount/time/money)

1) Renegade (More than likely if the wait is short)

2) cywolv

3) RTSR1/FJR

4) 7xray

5) hoghead

6) dunham

7) rockwells (STN Forum)

8) Enumclaw (COG Forum)

9) PDsgt

10) MrBill

11) Brian Ewell

12) Ricksfjr

13) Spinblue

14) Farkles

15) skuehl

16) KIEEFER

17) OhioFJR1300

18) 07FJRSD (said maybe in an earlier post)

19) twistedcricket - 99.9% there

20) ShowMe (very interested)

21) double_entendre

22) FJR CCB (Chris Burdett)

23) AStar

24) double_entendre

25) TwoWheelNut (Drive in concerns we will need to look into before we move to for sure)

26) Highlander

27) LAroo

28) SouthernCruizer

29) Jon_T (I was not sure if you wanted to be an yes or a maybe?)

30) Feejer/Weejer_man

31) Strawboss (COG Forum)

32) jjones520 (COG Forum)

33) Enumclaw (COG Forum

I am in on my Dl650 Wee Strom if the discount is 25%. 15% is a winter discount almost every year anyway.

And I think Rick Mayer is doing a buy one get one half off deal right now.
Yes, exactly. When negotiating with Russell for the discount this little detail should be "revealed" to them. I don't like the idea of dangling a 25% "or more" discount in front of the group and then pulling it back.

Could not agree more Fred.

hh

Will purchase for sure

1) 2006FJR

2) FJR pig

3) phil

4) devanator

5) bbailey925

6) hoghead

7) fjrchik

8) bikerskier

9) HYCLE

10) jet mechanic

11) Murph

12) Bayou Boy

13) Huron 52

14) FatNakedGuy

15) PtInstructor (My FJR)

16) PtInstructor (Wife's FJR)

17) Misalot

18) Tapsport

19) JonT

20) Protondecay123

21) FJRRobert

22) FJRRocket

23) bikerhawk (COG Forum)

24) brokenspoke (COG Forum)

25) Palomino (COG Forum)

26) dbethel (COG Forum)

27) Kilt boy (COG Forum)

28) Farhawk

Maybe (depends on discount/time/money)

1) Renegade (More than likely if the wait is short)

2) cywolv

3) RTSR1/FJR

4) 7xray

5) hoghead

6) dunham

7) rockwells (STN Forum)

8) Enumclaw (COG Forum)

9) PDsgt

10) MrBill

11) Brian Ewell

12) Ricksfjr

13) Spinblue

14) Farkles

15) skuehl

16) KIEEFER

17) OhioFJR1300

18) 07FJRSD (said maybe in an earlier post)

19) twistedcricket - 99.9% there

20) ShowMe (very interested)

21) double_entendre

22) FJR CCB (Chris Burdett)

23) AStar

24) double_entendre

25) TwoWheelNut (Drive in concerns we will need to look into before we move to for sure)

26) Highlander

27) LAroo

28) SouthernCruizer

29) Jon_T (I was not sure if you wanted to be an yes or a maybe?)

30) Feejer/Weejer_man

31) Strawboss (COG Forum)

32) jjones520 (COG Forum)

33) Enumclaw (COG Forum

34) khrome

Let's all be a little patient and wait to see what 2006FJR comes back with. As of now, the amount of interest is overwhelming. When presented with the # showing interest, I am sure that Russell will be reasonable.

2006FJR .... thanks for spear-heading this group buy. We're keeping our fingers crossed that you can work some magic for a nice discount. :thumbsup:

Let's all be a little patient and wait to see what 2006FJR comes back with. As of now, the amount of interest is overwhelming. When presented with the # showing interest, I am sure that Russell will be reasonable.
2006FJR .... thanks for spear-heading this group buy. We're keeping our fingers crossed that you can work some magic for a nice discount. :thumbsup:
Will do on this end. I also feel that with this amount of intrest the discount will be good.

hh

This is by far the largest group buy interest I have ever seen. Anywhere.You guys are like a go'damn union in terms of your bargaining power. There are 62 currently interested in buying the product from these people. That is probably beyond their production capacity. However, in order to have any sort of POWER, the union must achieve SOLIDARITY over their bargaining points. You must determine at what point the collective will place their group order (hint it ain't at 15%). Then if the supplier can meet your demands, go forth and prosper. If not - Rick Mayer might be the vendor of choice.PS - I'm a libertarian at heart and as such do not generally believe in unions or collective bargaining.

Let's all be a little patient and wait to see what 2006FJR comes back with. As of now, the amount of interest is overwhelming. When presented with the # showing interest, I am sure that Russell will be reasonable.2006FJR .... thanks for spear-heading this group buy. We're keeping our fingers crossed that you can work some magic for a nice discount. :thumbsup:
Will do on this end. I also feel that with this amount of intrest the discount will be good.hh
You show much faith, grasshopper...

This is by far the largest group buy interest I have ever seen. Anywhere.You guys are like a go'damn union in terms of your bargaining power. There are 62 currently interested in buying the product from these people. That is probably beyond their production capacity. However, in order to have any sort of POWER, the union must achieve SOLIDARITY over their bargaining points. You must determine at what point the collective will place their group order (hint it ain't at 15%). Then if the supplier can meet your demands, go forth and prosper. If not - Rick Mayer might be the vendor of choice.PS - I'm a libertarian at heart and as such do not generally believe in unions or collective bargaining.
Let's all be a little patient and wait to see what 2006FJR comes back with. As of now, the amount of interest is overwhelming. When presented with the # showing interest, I am sure that Russell will be reasonable.2006FJR .... thanks for spear-heading this group buy. We're keeping our fingers crossed that you can work some magic for a nice discount. :thumbsup:
Will do on this end. I also feel that with this amount of intrest the discount will be good.hh
A libertarian I'm not however. ;)

I'll just wait and see like everyone else here. Let us know how your Mayer seat works out.

hh

A libertarian I'm not however. ;)

I'll just wait and see like everyone else here. Let us know how your Mayer seat works out.

hh
Yep, I'm thinkin' the same as some others have said. Saying "25%" and then saying "Oops, just kidding" is bush league. You make an offer, you honor it. I don't believe for a fraction of a second that they'd lose money on 25% off and I'm not sure I'd believe they'd lose money on 50% off. The materials can't be all that much--it's the labor & skills and experience we're paying for.

<Iggy Ignore This Smiley> The group buy fits in perfectly with Libertarian economic/political theory. We make an offer, they can say yes or no. Perfectly reasonable. (Sorry Iggy, that's the end of my political paragraph.) :rolleyes: </Iggy Ignore This Smiley> :-D

Anyway, my take is at 25% or more off I'm in--and at 50% folks it ought to be more, IMHO. Less than 25% I won't be in and when I do opt to buy a new saddle Russell starts off with a handicap in the competition because of that "Ooops just kidding" thing. C'mon. Suppose that a lot of people bail and they only sell 40 seats. WTF do they have to complain about?

That said, kudos from this corner too for setting up the group buy. Awesome idea and I sure hope it works out! :clapping: :clapping:

Rancho

Couching things in <Iggy> this and that, waxing Libertarian, people thinking others need to union up, various suggestions about what Russell should or shouldn't do, and other comments all concern me about this thread. When I go back to the very first post and this thread....(emphasis added):

I thought I would start a post for those of you thinking about buying a seat. The special will be in December and the level of discount will depend on the amount of seats we purchase. The discount will start as low as 10% and could go up to 25% (maybe more) if we get some good volume on this group buy.
So, I'll provide the reminder once this season that participating in Group Buys is a priveledge. To be sure you don't jeapordize that priviledge for this potential Group Buy AND future Group Buys (think about the one that Warchild is working on).....everyone should take a moment and review the very special guidelines for this area at the top of this thread. I'll even help and paste it here:

This thread is for people setting up special "group buys" and self-directed buys.
They take considerable amount of time and effort to set up and are done by members that want to give back to the FJR community. If you can't say anything nice, or want to second-guess the organizer...don't say anything at all. Non-supportive or distracting posters will have their priveledge permanently removed.

If you're considering organizing a Group Buy consider talking to a previous organizer for advice on organizing a successful one.

Enjoy the deals to be had!
These rules are on top of the regular forum guidelines. And several members have lost their priveledge.

As Brad Hamilton would say, "Learn it, know it, Live it."

If you feel compelled to respond....seriously think about it via PM and not in this thread.[/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off the phone with Heather at Russell and I thought I would start a post for those of you thinking about buying a seat. The special will be in December and the level of discount will depend on the amount of seats we purchase. The discount will start as low as 10% and could go up to 25% (maybe more) if we get some good volume on this group buy. Heather is going to send me the breakdown in the next few weeks but I thought I would post this now for those who might need to save up. Please post if you would be interested?
YMHA_FJR1300_seat.JPG

Still definitely interested. I will patiently wait until the discount is set. I have not seen where a set rate has been promised other than above. Thank you 2006FJR for organizing this.

I'M STILL IN, AND MOST CONFIDENT THAT 20% WILL BE THE MINIMUM DISCOUNT WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS! Phil

Geez guys, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Any discount is a bonus, right? No matter how the deal shakes out, it's probably better than the one I would have received going solo. It'll work itself out.

Thanks to 20006FJR for the initiative here.

I'm definitely interested depending on discount and turn around time. Pencil me in.

Geez guys, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Any discount is a bonus, right? No matter how the deal shakes out, it's probably better than the one I would have received going solo. It'll work itself out.
Thanks to 20006FJR for the initiative here.
WOOF

I'm still in...I'm sure the rate will be better than I could get on my own.

Thanks FJR2006 for working on this. :clapping:

I just got off the phone with Heather at Russell and I thought I would start a post for those of you thinking about buying a seat. The special will be in December and the level of discount will depend on the amount of seats we purchase. The discount will start as low as 10% and could go up to 25% (maybe more) if we get some good volume on this group buy. Heather is going to send me the breakdown in the next few weeks but I thought I would post this now for those who might need to save up. Please post if you would be interested?
YMHA_FJR1300_seat.JPG
I'm in for the ST 1300. Cross-posted on sport-touring.net :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.