• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day-Long Touring Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Faxed my order today for a Dual Seat- Production Date is December 7th
Smoke

PS. I agree that posting the list everytime is not working very well and we should start a new thread for only the people that have ordered to post in. Otherwise, someone has a big job keeping track of all this. 2006FJR?
I also agree that this is not the best way but I would rather see a new list below the list of people who have already paid so we can start numbering it. Something like this.

Paid Customers

1) 2006FJR

2) XXXXXX

3) XXXXXX

I would rather see us start a new list below the other list showing everyone who paid. I am open to doing whatever the group would like to see but that would be my suggestion. Would that work alright?

Paid Customers

1) 2006FJR

2) XXXXX

3) XXXXX

I would rather see us start a new list below the other list showing everyone who paid. I am open to doing whatever the group would like to see but that would be my suggestion. Would that work alright?
Paid Customers

1) 2006FJR

2) XXXXX

3) XXXXX
[SIZE=10pt]Talked to Heather today, my build date is Dec. 10. [/SIZE]

Add that to whatever list you want too.

Thanks 2006FJR

Well Bob, If your keeper of the list, here is my marked paid and production date.

Mike N.

Paid Customers

1) 2006FJR

2)Uncle Fester Dec 7(Day of Infamy)

Talked to Heather yesterday as well. That was in the afternoon, and she said there were a little more than 20 people committed to the buy so far. At this rate we should zoom past the 50 required for the 20% discount! I'm getting mine faxed in this morning. Thanks again Trent for putting this together!

Rob

Well Bob, If your keeper of the list, here is my marked paid and production date.
Mike N.

Paid Customers

1) 2006FJR

2)Uncle Fester Dec 7(Day of Infamy)
This is an incomplete list, where are the other names and dates?

[SIZE=12pt]Paid Customers[/SIZE]

1) 2006FJR- (PAID)

2) RALPH - My build date is Dec. 3rd.

3) devanator Build Date Dec 4

4) Protondecay123 -Dec 4 build date

5) imwayl8 - production date of December 4

6) FJRRobert - Dec 5th Build date

7) BobQ-My build date Dec 5

8) fjrchik Build Date Dec 6

9) HYCLE My build date Dec 10

10) MojoMan – PAID

11) Fred (Sport-Touring.net) PAID

12) Murphy1292 (Sport-Touring.net) PAID

13) Uncle Fester Dec 7

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping 2006FJR would open another topic for those that have paid only, Less crap to wade thru that way . . . .Hard to undrstand why others have not paid yet. :unknw: 1st come, 1st served ! :tease:

I was hoping 2006FJR would open another topic for those that have paid only, Less crap to wade thru that way . . . .Hard to undrstand why others have not paid yet. :unknw: 1st come, 1st served ! :tease:
'Cause it's not cold enough yet? People don't want to be sending their seats to California when they could still be ridin' on them...

A late commitment means a later build date.

OK, my question, to those who have Russell Seats, is which do you like...vinyl or leather and why? Also, which type of design/pattern do you like and why? I noticed Warchild has a small diamond and I also know he puts mega miles on a bike.

I have planned, tommorrow, to orde all vinyl with the "half-moon" pattern *(supposedly the most water proof) because I think it looks good. But, I am not buying our saddles for the main purpose of "Looks".

Opinions please.

THANKS!

I was hoping 2006FJR would open another topic for those that have paid only, Less crap to wade thru that way . . . .
No, please don't do that.

A very viable alternative would be for the thread starter to modify their very first post of this thread with an updated list of who's participating. I'll PM them with the option...which might include a one-time edit by myself to purge the multiple lists.

Resist the urge to spawn new threads because you don't like to wade through the topic. Another thread will ultimately be more confusing because as we've proved time and time again people will tend to not follow directions and post wherever they like.

Hard to undrstand why others have not paid yet. :unknw: 1st come, 1st served ! :tease:
I'm still planning on buying, but I had budgeted for December, per the first post. The early jump in this month caught me off guard. I'll take my lumps on the delayed build...

OK, my question, to those who have Russell Seats, is which do you like...vinyl or leather and why? Also, which type of design/pattern do you like and why? I noticed Warchild has a small diamond and I also know he puts mega miles on a bike.
I have planned, tommorrow, to orde all vinyl with the "half-moon" pattern *(supposedly the most water proof) because I think it looks good. But, I am not buying our saddles for the main purpose of "Looks".

Opinions please.

THANKS!
Is there a place on the Web site where we can see the various 'patterns'?

No money is charged to your card until build is complete ! I'd be getting in line quick if you're not already since it may take a while if you wait on 70 to 90+ builds to be done first . . . :dntknw:

Yes, I've been to their Web site, but all I see are seats they have fitted to various bikes. I have not found a link to where they show you what different patterns they offer.
Look harder young grasshopper!

On the left, click "options", then go down to 'quilting patterns', and the path to Russel seat patterns will be revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.