S Plug Universal Earplug Speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been very happy with mine. Superior comfort as compared to the Etymotics, and a sturdier line (cord). They may let a slight amount more ambient noise in as compared to the etymotics, but only slightly.

I use them for my LD riding when the helmet will be on for long periods of time. I still use my 4 year old etymotics for local/everyday use.

I definitely recommend them.

Iam using headphone for my motor on accessorygeeks that have many kinds of headsets you can see with a good price. It's Jabra EarWave Boom that is designed for your mobile lifestyle. It feels good, thanks to its lightweight design, and you look great, because EarWave Boom features low-profile styling. You can rely on the noise-cancelling microphone to provide voice clarity with less background noise. The sturdy, stable microphone lets you enjoy crystal-clear conversations, even when you are on the go. People will hear your voice instead of what's going on around you, in any environment. JABRA MiniGels and a high-sensitivity speaker make the most of your sound reception. MiniGels channel sound directly into your ear, and work with the speaker to boost volume and optimize sound quality. And for added comfort and fit, MiniGels pivot for use in either ear and come in two sizes ?standard and small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam using headphone for my motor on https://search.accessorygeeks.com/search?qu...p;x=17&y=10 that have many kinds of headsets you can see with a good price. It's Jabra EarWave Boom that is designed for your mobile lifestyle. It feels good, thanks to its lightweight design, and you look great, because EarWave Boom features low-profile styling. You can rely on the noise-cancelling microphone to provide voice clarity with less background noise. The sturdy, stable microphone lets you enjoy crystal-clear conversations, even when you are on the go. People will hear your voice instead of what's going on around you, in any environment. JABRA MiniGels and a high-sensitivity speaker make the most of your sound reception. MiniGels channel sound directly into your ear, and work with the speaker to boost volume and optimize sound quality. And for added comfort and fit, MiniGels pivot for use in either ear and come in two sizes ?standard and small.

Snif sniff

Looks like a troll.

Posts like a troll...

Always the same website...

I have been a user of Etymotic ER6 in ear canal earplug speakers for years and thought they were God's gift to motorcyclists.
However, I've just tried a product that I think is superior to the Etymotics.

The S plug is reportedly made by NHT, a maker of loudspeakers with a good reputation in the HIFI community.

Unlike Etymotic, I can find no published performance specifications for the S plug in ear canal earphones.

My personal comparison listening test reveals that the S plug compares well with the Etymotics for everything except very high listening levels where some base distortion occurs with the S plugs. These levels are too high for sustained listening, however.

One major benefit of the S plug is that the only thing exiting the speaker assembly is a small wire. This eliminates all concerns with pressure or impacts from the helmet lining. I have observed that on many occasions, I get the Etymotics in my ears "just right" while other times there is some pressure from the helmet lining. Then I find myself riding with ear discomfort to the next gas stop or finding myself stopping to correct the fitting problem.

A second major benefit is that the silicone eartips of the S plugs are suited to deep insertion into the ear canals which provides a comfortable but tight seal that serves to substantially reduce wind noise. This compares favorably against the Etymotics where I have used their silicone tips and their small and normal sized foam tips. In my case, the small foam tips are certainly comfortable; but are not large enough to block wind noise. With the normal sized foam plugs, I eventually develop some ear canal discomfort after a long day in the saddle.

The third major benefit of the S plugs are that the tight sealing allows sort of a "in your head" sound sense that is both crisp, distinct, and immediate.

The S plug sells for $130.00 at CycleGadgets Website

There are 3 cable length options. At the time of my purchase, I was told that I could have a 30 day use of the product and if dissatisfied, I could return them with only the purchase of replacement ear tips as my "cost". I can assure one and all that these earphones will NOT be returned as they are the absolute icing on the cake for an elaborate on bike sound system. I highly recommend this product.
I have a pair of these. They were great while they lasted (about 6 months), but now the right side sounds like a blown speaker. Sadly, I couldn't find the receipt anywhere and I save receipts for everything.

I did like the way they fit with a helmet. I should try to call the company.

I have been a user of Etymotic ER6 in ear canal earplug speakers for years and thought they were God's gift to motorcyclists.

The S plug is reportedly made by NHT, a maker of loudspeakers with a good reputation in the HIFI community.

Unlike Etymotic, I can find no published performance specifications for the S plug in ear canal earphones.

My personal comparison listening test reveals that the S plug compares well with the Etymotics for everything except very high listening levels where some base distortion occurs with the S plugs. These levels are too high for sustained listening, however.

One major benefit of the S plug is that the only thing exiting the speaker assembly is a small wire. This eliminates all concerns with pressure or impacts from the helmet lining. I have observed that on many occasions, I get the Etymotics in my ears "just right" while other times there is some pressure from the helmet lining. Then I find myself riding with ear discomfort to the next gas stop or finding myself stopping to correct the fitting problem.

A second major benefit is that the silicone eartips of the S plugs are suited to deep insertion into the ear canals which provides a comfortable but tight seal that serves to substantially reduce wind noise. This compares favorably against the Etymotics where I have used their silicone tips and their small and normal sized foam tips. In my case, the small foam tips are certainly comfortable; but are not large enough to block wind noise. With the normal sized foam plugs, I eventually develop some ear canal discomfort after a long day in the saddle.

The third major benefit of the S plugs are that the tight sealing allows sort of a "in your head" sound sense that is both crisp, distinct, and immediate.

There are 3 cable length options. At the time of my purchase, I was told that I could have a 30 day use of the product and if dissatisfied, I could return them with only the purchase of replacement ear tips as my "cost". I can assure one and all that these earphones will NOT be returned as they are the absolute icing on the cake for an elaborate on bike sound system. I highly recommend this product.
I have a pair of these. They were great while they lasted (about 6 months), but now the right side sounds like a blown speaker. Sadly, I couldn't find the receipt anywhere and I save receipts for everything.

I did like the way they fit with a helmet. I should try to call the company.
If you bought them online you can go into your ol emails and find them. With gmail you can find emails you sent 5 years ago in seconds and it has saved my ass more thna once. Hope you find it so you can at least have a working unit.

S Plugs: use 'em, love 'em, recommend 'em. They fit deep in the ears, do a good job of shielding ambient noise, have good sound quality, and are easy (for me) to get the helmet on and off. :good:

I've had the Etymotics ER6i, and while they're a good product, for me, the S Plugs are better.

Glad to hear they are working for everyone. I was sent an email that my plugs will be back ordered until after Christmas.

I have a pair of these that didn't last a year. I couldn't find the receipt (they have a 1 year warranty). They worked better than any other type of earbud I could find.

After trying some other earbuds for a while (you're spoiled after using these S Plugs), I decided to call the manufacturer in Florida. I spoke with Marilyn, and even though I didn't buy them direct and she had no record of my purchase (it was now well over a year and I bought them from some other reseller) she agreed to repair them under warranty. I only had to pay return shipping.

I got them back in perfect condition. They seem to be a really small company with good customer service. They are audiologists and designed these themselves. I highly recommend them.

I like the Etymotic ER-6s for sound. Just wish they didn't have such wimpy wires. Always a hassle getting them unraveled.

Just checked their web site and they sell for 144.95, unless I'm missing something.

Just checked their web site and they sell for 144.95, unless I'm missing something.
That email was rfom 2-years ago. Inflation.

I have a pair of barely used S Plugs for sale. Not sure what to price them....make me an offer.

Ha..... carver brought this thread back from 2 years ago..... LOL

Think they are still avail...?

On a secondary note..... I picked up some Shure SE215's from guitar center for $99.00 and I have to say they are fantastic. I have some serious high end systems at home and these when placed in the ears right and sealed off, they sound fantastic for how much they cost. they fit flush in the ears, and the cable goes over the ear. ZERO helmet interference or pressure and I can ride with them all day. I was looking long and hard at custom in ears but these are super nice.

I got burned BAD with very sub par service --- they take your $$ but if they go bad like mine did in 1.5 days -- she ignored me

BUYER BEWARE -- shop elsewhere
omg2.gif

Ha..... carver brought this thread back from 2 years ago..... LOL
Think they are still avail...?

On a secondary note..... I picked up some Shure SE215's from guitar center for $99.00 and I have to say they are fantastic. I have some serious high end systems at home and these when placed in the ears right and sealed off, they sound fantastic for how much they cost. they fit flush in the ears, and the cable goes over the ear. ZERO helmet interference or pressure and I can ride with them all day. I was looking long and hard at custom in ears but these are super nice.
Yep, I sure did! I finally ran out of working ER6's and ER6's. Bought the new improved model, they suck.