Sac Area--Who's Attending FJRay's September RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
This September 15 Ride To Eat that FJRay proposed is taking on quite a life. Lots of people are coming from all directions and it promises to rival Barb's big Vancouver Island thing and the rolling gathering we had when Wheatie and Airboss came out from Illinois last year. Latest news, if you don't know, is Beemerdons, Hot Rod Zilla, and Bustanut Joker are riding up from AZ/NM through Sacramento. As set up now, they'll stay with me one night and we'll ride on from here, probably the 13th or so.

It's too far to make LaPine, OR, from here in time for lunch, so we'll have to leave at least the day before the gathering. Bust wants to hit Las Vegas on the return route, so the northbound leg will be the only chance to show him and Zilla the glories of NoCal riding. I'm thinking 36, 101 (Edit, 'cuz it just occurred to me: include side trip up the Avenue of the Giants), and 199 Crescent City to Grants Pass. We'll have to stay somewhere that last night along the route to come into LaPine by lunch. Even from Grants Pass, LaPine is shown as a 3-hr-plus ride, but we could get there with an early start on the 13th. Don't really want to ride 199 in the dark, and especially if the point of going that way is for sightseeing. :rolleyes:

So anyway, who wants to ride with this happy group? Meet the out-of-towners, get a reuben sandwich, see some of the PNW folks, etc. I don't think much planning beyond lunch has been done, but I'm thinking there'd be at least an overnight stay in/around LaPine and some socializing before we all disperse. It's not like we don't have time to plan for it, right? Anyway, post up if you're interested in joining up, and if you have some other ideas about not-to-be-missed north state roads to show the boys, let's hear about them, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This September 15 Ride To Eat that FJRay proposed is taking on quite a life. Lots of people are coming from all directions and it promises to rival Barb's big Vancouver Island thing and the rolling gathering we had when Wheatie and Airboss came out from Illinois last year. Latest news, if you don't know, is Beemerdons, Hot Rod Zilla, and Bustanut Joker are riding up from AZ/NM through Sacramento. As set up now, they'll stay with me one night and we'll ride on from here, probably the 13th or so.

It's too far to make LaPine, OR, from here in time for lunch, so we'll have to leave at least the day before the gathering. Bust wants to hit Las Vegas on the return route, so the northbound leg will be the only chance to show him and Zilla the glories of NoCal riding. I'm thinking 36, 101, and 199 Crescent City to Grants Pass. We'll have to stay somewhere that last night along the route to come into LaPine by lunch. Even from Grants Pass, LaPine is shown as a 3-hr-plus ride, but we could get there with an early start on the 13th. Don't really want to ride 199 in the dark, and especially if the point of going that way is for sightseeing. :rolleyes:

So anyway, who wants to ride with this happy group? Meet the out-of-towners, get a reuben sandwich, see some of the PNW folks, etc. I don't think much planning beyond lunch has been done, but I'm thinking there'd be at least an overnight stay in/around LaPine and some socializing before we all disperse. It's not like we don't have time to plan for it, right? Anyway, post up if you're interested in joining up, and if you have some other ideas about not-to-be-missed north state roads to show the boys, let's hear about them, too.
Good job Mike. I did a head count this morning and it looks like around 35 with almost four months to go. This should be fun.

I talked to the cook at lunch today and we will set up outside tables if we have to.

Since Ray is out fucking off with Barb, I put together the Attendance Roster List for the Oregon Ride to Eat in September:

IN LIKE FLYNN:

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

Nightshine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Panman

Niehart

Tyler

FarWestFastEddie

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Still fecking around list:

Bokerfork

dcarver

Fairlaner

RenoJohn

Damn it's tough to keep up with everything around here. Put me down for a possible, hard to pass up meeting up with the two three biggest sheep herders around these parts.

Damn it's tough to keep up with everything around here. Put me down for a possible, hard to pass up meeting up with the two three biggest sheep herders around these parts.
You are now added Doug, also fixed your post as Papa Chuy is only into burros!

GalaxyBlue-Adam has been added.

Three months to go and this is gathering steam. Sounds like at least four now to spend a night in Sac and head north counting Adam. Maybe Sam? Maybe Doug? Let me know. Or we could meet either or both of you somewhere around Williams at I-5 and hwy. 20. Way too soon to get so detailed, I suppose.

No suggestions yet on a better route than I proposed. I can't think of any alternative to that first couple hours on I-5 to get to the start of 36 toward the coast. At least not if we want to make LaPine for lunch the next day. Still open to ideas though. So who's going, local riders-wise?

Hey Mike, you could ride up to Grass Valley to meet me and we ride 49 to 89 through Lassen Nat. Park then up to Alturs or Lakeview Or. for an easy morning ride to LaPine. This route has the mountains and some eastern Or. desert.

It would depend on if the boys want to ride over to the coast. Just another way to get to LaPine.

On another note, if you run out of space for the long travelers we have some roome for a few up here in Grass Valley.

Thanks, Doug. Bust said he wanted to go back via Las Vegas on the other thread, so I'm thinking the return will be more easterly anyway--like the Sierras. That leaves the coastal route for the trip up north, to my way of thinking. Certainly still wide open for discussion though. But a man on the FJR forum coming out to Cali for the first time certainly should see hwy 36, though, don't you think?

Actually I was in sandy eggo 2 years ago November. Didn't have much time to travel as the USMC wanted mom's and dad's to experience what our kids had just gone through ..

Did mange to get trashed with Carver, Fairlainer, an the fat bastard.. Somebody else was there but it's a bit hazy.. :lol:

Fly Bye has been added to Oregon Roster!

PLEASE NOTE: Why are none of the SoCal Fruits on this September Oregon Ride to Eat List? Is the National Gay Rodeo scheduled for Pasadena that same weekend?

Come on you FJR pansies, get out on your bikes and ride to OR!

Thanks, Doug. Bust said he wanted to go back via Las Vegas on the other thread, so I'm thinking the return will be more easterly anyway--like the Sierras. That leaves the coastal route for the trip up north, to my way of thinking. Certainly still wide open for discussion though. But a man on the FJR forum coming out to Cali for the first time certainly should see hwy 36, though, don't you think?
Sounds good to me, Bust will see more curves than on 36 than in all of the strip joints in Vegas.

CHANGE OF ROUTING PLANS TO SACRAMENTO FROM PHOENIX: Even though this rolling goat (burro/sheep) **** is still 80 days away, I want everyone to be in the riding loop. The Arizona Crew, Bust-'Zilla-Chuy-GBlue, will now be heading up to Sacramento via Las Vegas. Game plan is to spend Wednesday night September 12 at the Golden Nugget. On Thursday September 13 we will head North on Nevada 95, we will cross over to Sacramento on one of four passes: 120, 108, 50 or 80. Thursday night 9/13 will be spent at Casa de SacramentoMiguel, SacramentoMike takes over Ride Leadership on Friday September 14 getting us to La Pine, OR by Noon on 9/15.

https://www.goldennugget.com/specials/eblasts/google.html?gclid=CKibmPHcm7ACFQF6hwodDHQfYw The Golden Nugget is now currently running $47 a night specials, please remember Bustanut joker on this evening together: I am the BOY and you get to be the GIRL!

Even though this rolling goat (burro/sheep) **** is still 80 days away, I want everyone to be in the riding loop.

The Arizona Crew, Bust-'Zilla-Chuy-GBlue, will now be heading up to Sacramento via Las Vegas.
This I've got to see. :lol:

I predict jail time at or near Vegas derailing them from reaching FJRay's get together. What is the altitude in Vegas anyways? ;)

Too early to tell..will let you know closer to Sept. :-/
puppychow - Sam and Tucson Joe has been added to the Attendance Roster for the Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 6/6:

IN LIKE FLYNN:

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Panman

Niehart

Tyler

FarWestFastEddie

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Bokerfork

dcarver

Fairlaner

RenoJohn

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE ATTENDING AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW-GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I'LL ADD YOU ASAP! Current Attendance Roster for Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 7/2:

IN LIKE FLYNN:

Jorstin

cali_rider

bikerskier

juniorfjr

gfran and Cindy

ahchiu

Longrider

dcarver

Fairlaner

huchieglide

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Panman

Niehart

Tyler

FarWestFastEddie

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp and Kat

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

TomInCa

Bokerfork

SkooterG

BikerGeek99

RenoJohn

Big-D

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE ATTENDING AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW-GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I'LL ADD YOU ASAP! Current Attendance Roster for Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 7/2:

IN LIKE FLYNN:

dcarver

Fairlaner

huchieglide

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Panman

Niehart

Tyler

FarWestFastEddie

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Bokerfork

SkooterG

BikerGeek99

RenoJohn

Big-D
Wow...that's quite a travelin' wagon train from Sac city to FJRays...Head 'em up...Move 'em out! :clapping: