Saddle bag caps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobstr

Reaction score
Hi all, hope your day is going well. I bought an '03 FJR last Sept. Absolutely love it. When I bought it the saddle bag caps were missing. The previous owner was pretty sure they were thrown away. Have been looking through posts, E-bay, Amazon and where ever else I think I might have some luck. No go. Does anyone know where these can be found. Thanks for any help

Part sites like Boats.net and Ron Ayers sell the covers. Be aware that they are priced like fine jewelry. You are looking for P/N 5JW-2163E-00-P1 and 5JW-2163E-10-P1 Qty 2 each. On sale they are around $27 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get them from your dealer or from an on-line parts supplier but you DON'T want to know how much they cost! (I assume that you are looking for the frame covers for when the saddlebags are off the bike) Maybe somebody here has a set they no longer need/want and will let them go for a reasonable price.

Good luck!

Part sites like Boats.net and Ron Ayers sell the covers. Be aware that they are priced like fine jewelry. You are looking for P/N 5JW-2163E-00-P1 and 5JW-2163E-10-P1 Qty 2 each. On sale they are around $27 each.
Ionbeam posted faster than I did. There are actually three pieces per side, not two. The third one is underneath but you can't really see it unless you are on the ground looking up.

If the bags are always on, like they should be, then the caps are completely unnecessary.
smile.png

But yeah, as a replacement part they simply aren't worth it.

Yeah, I had considered, when would I actually ride without the saddle bags? Just seemed like I should have them. The price answered that one. Appreciate the help

I rode without the bags one time: Hooterville, day 2. Perhaps it was my overactive imagination; perhaps it was the excitement of really turning the big girl loose for the first time; perhaps because the bike felt -- whoooeeee! -- nekkid; perhaps it was real: the bike was noticeably faster and handled quicker.

That was last summer. I have not ridden without the bags since, but my style is far less "sport" and far more "touring".

My point is this: unless you're riding nekkid a lot, you probably don't need the caps. Save yourself $75 and spend it on gas and an inexpensive hotel someplace 8 hours from where you live.

My bike was also missing these caps. I found a used tail cowl on eBay that had the covers with it, then offered the seller $55 shipped for the six covers without the cowl. They are about $165 to buy all six new.

It took me about 15 months to land right deal on these, and I'm sure another set will pop up on eBay shortly.

Partzilla has them listed at $27.13/ea for the 2 top caps. Couldn't quite figure out that 3rd one you mentioned. Usually Partzilla is the lowest price I've ever found for parts. But they can take a little longer to get items. Cheapcycleparts is a little quicker but slightly more expensive. Have order lots of parts thru both. But like any of these parts is take at least a week to get them. I ordered something thru Partzilla once and it took 3 weeks to get my order due to them having to ship a part from Japan.

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2003/FJR1300+-+FJR1300R/FENDER/parts.html

There are many more sites like these but I'm pretty sure they all source from the manufacturers warehouses across the country. At least thats the way it seems for Honda parts. Hope this helps
smile.png

I only ride with the luggage on when I am touring, the rest of the time I go naked. I have just bought a set of covers and they are mega expensive for what they are.

Are you ready ........... £160 yes that is one hundred and sixty British Pounds I'm going to have a lie down now.

The wife and I ride all the time without the bags on our day trips - the 55L Give trunk is always on though for both storage and for her to have a backrest.......

Partzilla has them listed at $27.13/ea for the 2 top caps. Couldn't quite figure out that 3rd one you mentioned. Usually Partzilla is the lowest price I've ever found for parts. But they can take a little longer to get items. Cheapcycleparts is a little quicker but slightly more expensive. Have order lots of parts thru both. But like any of these parts is take at least a week to get them. I ordered something thru Partzilla once and it took 3 weeks to get my order due to them having to ship a part from Japan.
https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2003/FJR1300+-+FJR1300R/FENDER/parts.html

There are many more sites like these but I'm pretty sure they all source from the manufacturers warehouses across the country. At least thats the way it seems for Honda parts. Hope this helps
smile.png
I agree - no matter where you order from, they all pull from the same warehouses. I've personally found ProCaliber.com the cheapest, plus free shipping over $99. They list the caps for $25.70 (at least the top ones). I found this place when I ordered my red side panels - $127.xx to my door for both.