Saddlebag body color caps?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

Reaction score
My slightly used 07 did not come with the saddlebag body caps, or at least I haven't found them yet. Dealer quoted me $17.00 ea. Thought that was a bit high for a small piece of plastic x 4. Does anyone know where I can get them for a better price? Any clue where they may be hiding on the bike?

Part numbers below:

3PG-2163E-00-P0 (2) ea.

3PG-2163E-10-P0 (2) ea.

Thanks in advance...

-Max

FYI, there's 6 caps. 4 on top, 2 below. 3 per side total.
Oh... Crap, that makes it even worse.... Wonder if there is a 3rd part number that goes with the bottom or maybe the bottom is one of those part numbers. Seems to me that all the top covers would be the same.

I would sell you mine, since I NEVER use them, but they are the wrong color.
I believe the 07 caps are silver...

FYI, there's 6 caps. 4 on top, 2 below. 3 per side total.
Oh... Crap, that makes it even worse.... Wonder if there is a 3rd part number that goes with the bottom or maybe the bottom is one of those part numbers. Seems to me that all the top covers would be the same.
It's 3 different part numbers. The front caps on top are slightly different than the rear caps on top. They have "FR" and "RR" stamped on the backside for "front" and "rear".

I got mine from gary and I think they were in the upper 60's for the set of 6 (in blue), and then I found where I put the old ones so I have a new set still wrapped in the shipping plastic. oh well. Didn't have the heart to return them to gary.

I have a set for my '07, they are silver. Nope, there not for sale either :p

When I found out how much these plugs cost I decided that the open boxes weren't too bad looking after all.

Give up on perfection and embrace entropy, they say you can't fight city hall let alone the unverse.

Contact Gary McCoy at Mondak. Got mine from him for substantially less money:
MonDak Motorsports

[email protected]. Located in Sidney, MT. 866-433-6635

Thanks... Gary is very nice guy... Will hook me up with all 6 for $56 and change... Still a bunch of cash for plastic. I may just search one more time under the seat before I spend the cash....

We got to talkin... Weren't the saddlebag liners supposed to come with the 07 too? That will set me back another $83.00. Are these just to cover when their not on the bike? When will it end?

We got to talkin... Weren't the saddlebag liners supposed to come with the 07 too? That will set me back another $83.00. Are these just to cover when their not on the bike? When will it end?
Yes; the bike comes with saddlebag liners. They go inside the saddlebags. They are soft bags that fit the shape of the saddlebags exactly so that you can contain all your crap for easy transfer into/out of the saddlebags without dumping everything on the ground when you open the lid.

I have a spare set from my previous FJR that was totaled in an accident. I could sell you the new liners from my new bike for cheaper than $83 if you want them. Never been used and still in the plastic packaging from the dealer. Send me a PM if interested.

My slightly used 07 did not come with the saddlebag body caps, or at least I haven't found them yet. Dealer quoted me $17.00 ea. Thought that was a bit high for a small piece of plastic x 4. Does anyone know where I can get them for a better price? Any clue where they may be hiding on the bike?
Part numbers below:

3PG-2163E-00-P0 (2) ea.

3PG-2163E-10-P0 (2) ea.
Actually, the part numbers are 3P6-2163E-00-P0, 3P6-2163E-10-P0, and 3P6-2163F-00-P0, and RonAyers.com quotes $12 each, so your dealer's a thief.

And I came home and found out I *do* have all six covers! I must have thought the extra two were spares, because I put them with the bag of extra stuff, instead of in the bag in the glove box. Yay!

Part numbers below:

3PG-2163E-00-P0 (2) ea.

3PG-2163E-10-P0 (2) ea.
Actually, the part numbers are 3P6-2163E-00-P0, 3P6-2163E-10-P0, and 3P6-2163F-00-P0, and RonAyers.com quotes $12 each, so your dealer's a thief.

And I came home and found out I *do* have all six covers! I must have thought the extra two were spares, because I put them with the bag of extra stuff, instead of in the bag in the glove box. Yay!

I only received four pieces total so, where does the other two pieces fit???

****UPDATE*****

Called my sales guy Emil at the dealer. He actually tracked down the original owner who after a long search found the covers and the third lock! Can you believe it? Nice to see someone actually care enough to go out of their way 7 months after the sale.

Don't think he had the liners... but I'll take what I can get!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!

Please Ride safe!

-Max

Last edited by a moderator:
I only received four pieces total so, where does the other two pieces fit???
Underneath. There's a slot where the locking piece slides out of the bag and into the bike when you lower the handle It takes the 3rd cover. I didn't know that until this week, and I've had the bike two years. :blink:

****UPDATE*****

Called my sales guy Emil at the dealer. He actually tracked down the original owner who after a long search found the covers and the third lock! Can you believe it? Nice to see someone actually care enough to go out of their way 7 months after the sale.

Don't think he had the liners... but I'll take what I can get!

[SIZE=12pt]Finally got my ride back from the dealer... Replaced ECU, New PR 2-B installed. Bonus -picked up my 6 saddlebag plastic covers and third lock! Aparently the dealer had them the whole time, just forgot to give them to me when I purchased the bike. Imagine that?[/SIZE]

Special shout out to Uselesspickles for selling me his extra saddlebag liners. Dealer had no idea where those were. I feel complete now.

taking the little woman and the FJR on our first long ride to Key West this weekend (weather permitting) Really, really looking forward to this.

Last edited by a moderator: