Saddlebag sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE (tstaff @ Jul 3 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the hugger thread I just happen to catch this.
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
I have those. Yep, a bit pricey. They come with a 1/4" thick stainless steel plate that reinforces the rear footpeg subframe and extends to the exhaust mounting bolts, quite strong. Then the rather long slider attaches. It has saved me a few bag incidents in parking lot drops, can't speak for a higher speed get-off, but I suspect you'd want the MC Enterprise crash tubes.....

This is what I used.

rear%20slider%20installed.jpg

As a short-term temporary measure against a zero-speed tip-over, I've used two layers of duct tape over the lower part of the side cases:

(Click on image for larger view)

And, yes, I did test it whilst manoeuvring in a ferry when the crew-man changed his mind where he wanted me to go, and as I turned for the new position my rear wheel caught on a raised deck tie-point and stopped the bike unexpectedly
upset.gif

The bag was undamaged, you can just make out scratches in the tape along the "crease" in the lid, but there was a scratch on the mirror. Maybe I'll put tape on the mirrors as well when I go ferrying in March next year.

I used black tape on my (pictured) Storm Grey '10, I've used silver on my '06. Once there's a bit of normal dirt on it, it's barely visible.