Saddlemen Tech Style Gel Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gel retains heat extremely bad. If you do get one, be sure and don't leave the bike in the sun very long. ;)

Now that Pegsparks corrected me...anyone used these Saddlemen Tech Style Gel seat?
not specifically. i did have a saddleman road sofa. it sucked donkey balls and was painful for anything over 300 miles a day. that was right before i got my first russel... i should have gone to russell to begin with.

By all means, do your research, ask questions and then... go buy a Russell. It looks like ass for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom seats, imo, come in 2 kinds.

1. Show and Shine

2. Mile eater

If you choose based on #1, then you've got no one to bitch to when it doesn't work for the other.

There's also another group that muddies the waters: band-aids. The strap ons that are partial solutions; attempts to turn a 1 into a 2 and never quite do the whole job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom seats, imo, come in 2 kinds.

1. Show and Shine

2. Mile eater

If you choose based on #1, then you've got no one to bitch to when it doesn't work for the other.

There's also another group that muddies the waters: band-aids. The strap ons that are partial solutions; attempts to turn a 1 into a 2 and never quite do the whole job.

Thanks for all your responses men, i guess this means i will end up having to save a little more for the russell...since i just bought a new givi 46 for her...since the wife is all about confort too!

One very good reason to buy a "generic" like a Saddleman, Sargent or whatever: You have a seat to use while your OEM is being converted by Russell. You will not have a useless motorcycle sitting seatless in your garage while waiting on your new custom seat. I have made the "get by purchase" for both my ST1300 and Dad's FJR in both cases used off of the forums. If you can get a deal on a used one that makes it more appealing. Also I intend to use my Sargent for work commuting, everyday type riding and put on the Russell for trips and vacations. Of course now I have to come up with the $$ for the Russell but they are almost the same price as a new Sargent. Trust me on this, when you park bike with your "get by seat" next to a bike with a Russell, you will understand instantly.