Sargent Seat Best Deal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SG

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a Sargent Seat? I've found a complete set for $515 + $27 S&H at Motorcycle Pro Shop. I've read a lot of posts trying to decide between Corbin and Sargent and I've sat on a few Corbin seats but they were too hard. I'm hoping the Sargent is similar to the Mustang which is on my other bike and I was able to ride all day but they do not make Mustangs for the FJR which is why I've opt for the Sargent.

I had the bike lowered and was good to go, until I put the Russell on, now I'm on my tippy toes. The Russell has placed my riding height higher than the stock low position.

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a Sargent Seat? I've found a complete set for $515 + $27 S&H at Motorcycle Pro Shop. I've read a lot of posts trying to decide between Corbin and Sargent and I've sat on a few Corbin seats but they were too hard. I'm hoping the Sargent is similar to the Mustang which is on my other bike and I was able to ride all day but they do not make Mustangs for the FJR which is why I've opt for the Sargent. I had the bike lowered and was good to go, until I put the Russell on, now I'm on my tippy toes. The Russell has placed my riding height higher than the stock low position.
PM Sent

R

Or you can get your seat redone by this guy:

https://www.alligatorbob.com/

I live near his shop. So I brought the bike up to him. He re-shaped the foam (so I don't slide forward as easily on stops), put in a special kind of gel, and recovered it with the original Yamaha upholstery...all for under $300. And he did it while I waited - took about 3-1/2 hours. Love the seat now.

Check out his website and you'll see he's no fly-by-night loser.

Regards,

TRYP

Talk to Rudy at Sargents. They are in Jacksonville FL and are making me a front right now. Great to work with. Sargents did my first seat in 1978 in my first car a 72 Nova and 3 bike seats since then. they even let me borrow a FJR seat for a week vacation trip to decide if I needed any changes. I'm quite sure that was a special deal for a local repeat customer but you get the picture.

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a Sargent Seat? I've found a complete set for $515 + $27 S&H at Motorcycle Pro Shop. I've read a lot of posts trying to decide between Corbin and Sargent and I've sat on a few Corbin seats but they were too hard. I'm hoping the Sargent is similar to the Mustang which is on my other bike and I was able to ride all day but they do not make Mustangs for the FJR which is why I've opt for the Sargent. I had the bike lowered and was good to go, until I put the Russell on, now I'm on my tippy toes. The Russell has placed my riding height higher than the stock low position.
PM Sent

R
Sir Richard, Please send me private message you sent to 1SG. I saw the Sargent Seat for my 2009 BMW F650GS Twin at the BMW MOA Rally in Johnson City, Tennessee last month. By the time I got back to the Vendors Booth they were sold out!

I had the bike lowered and was good to go, until I put the Russell on, now I'm on my tippy toes. The Russell has placed my riding height higher than the stock low position.
I'd suggest that, before you give up on your Russell, you send it to Spencer. https://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php He'll re-do every brand of seat except a Corbin. I went with Spencer after reading the many positive comments on the ST1300 and Sport-Touring forums.

He re-did my stock FJR seat ($50) and added the latest-greatest gel stuff UNDER the seat foam for an extra $25. With UPS both ways, it cost me a whopping $100. I'm finding the stock seat to be pretty darn good to go with the mods he did. The real test comes in October with a 4-day, 1000+ mile ride up into and around northern Arkansas. :yahoo:

I'd suggest that, before you give up on your Russell, you send it to Spencer. https://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php He'll re-do every brand of seat except a Corbin. ......... The real test comes in October with a 4-day, 1000+ mile ride up into and around northern Arkansas. :yahoo:
What kind of turnaround time?.......And +1 on Arkansas :thumbsup:

Before you give up on the Russell, how many miles have you done on it? As the Russell "breaks in" the wings crush down some and your position goes down ever so slightly. That, along with learning to slide toward the tank when coming to a stop to give your legs a straight shot at the ground may be all you need.

I'd suggest that, before you give up on your Russell, you send it to Spencer. https://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php He'll re-do every brand of seat except a Corbin. ......... The real test comes in October with a 4-day, 1000+ mile ride up into and around northern Arkansas. :yahoo:
What kind of turnaround time?.......And +1 on Arkansas :thumbsup:
Spencer's turnaround time is quick. He'll have your seat for just 2-3 business days and send it right back with your pre-paid shipping label. You get it set up and paid for in advance of sending it.

You'll fill out the order form that gives him some info about your dimensions, etc. He also had me send him a couple pics of me sitting on the bike to get a better idea of my riding position.

No doubt we'll talk about the Great October Arkansas Adventure :yahoo: at the TWT meet & eat in Galitin next Thursday (the 13th, 6pm).

I am selling my Sargent seats for a great price give me a call 507-829-7271

I am selling my Sargent seats for a great price give me a call 507-829-7271
I sure you already sold your seat, I was thinking of getting sargent seat, dont have time to have russell made, how do they do on long trip 300-400 days.

When I was looking for a Sargent seat for my VFR I did lots of online price comparisons, and Sandhill had the low price.

If you order it from them, be aware that they do not keep them in stock. But it was drop shipped from Sargent and arrived in a reasonable amount of time (10 days).

I've sat on a few Corbin seats but they were too hard.
One thing I have have found with my Bill Mayer Saddle - I too believed it was too hard when I first got it. Riding it around town and on short day trips I would find myself squirming trying to get comfortable.

Then I did a Saddle Sore 1000 - I rode 1,060 miles in 16 hours - Norfolk, VA to Natchez, MS. The longer the I sat on the bike, the more comfortable the seat felt. I had no problems getting back on the bike the next day for another hundred or so miles of riding or the return trip 4 days later.

My understanding from several long distance riders is that the Corbin is the same way. The foam is more dense initially (hard) but over the course of long days, as it compresses, it never fully compresses allowing you to sit on the seat pan. YMMV, but HTH.