Sargent Seat Pics?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I now use a Corbin set and after a WV run know it is not my LD seat. I should have my Sargent today. Will report back after some miles. The Corbin set is on my 10 and it is the tits in twisty's and short hops, just not a LD seat. I do love it but if the Sargent sits better for distance the Corbin will be offered up reasonably for sale. I love it's shape and it can go 300 miles for me no issues, after that not so good.

I have ridden a Russel on my LT and yes it is the best. However on a 950 # bike I really did not move around on the seat and to me that is the issue with them I dont think you can react and get out of the pocket/bucket fast enough. So I will try the Sargent for a bit. Also every Russel I have seen shows wear on the left side welt at the front with a wrinkle on the side from putting your left foot down at stops. I am a one footer, right is always on the brake, left down at stops. It pissed me off. Tho only place it showed any issues after 34,000 miles on the LT.

May turn out that a Corbin with 2000 miles and a Sargent with less will be in the classifieds for great savings to someone, but I hope only the Corbin.

We will see after I get it today.
If you still have your stock seat, do a couple of comparisons for me. Is the sargent any taller than stock, is it any flatter (I don't like that little upsweep at the back of the drivers seat) and does it sit you back any further?

Thanks, Lucas

Well I now use a Corbin set and after a WV run know it is not my LD seat. I should have my Sargent today. Will report back after some miles. The Corbin set is on my 10 and it is the tits in twisty's and short hops, just not a LD seat. I do love it but if the Sargent sits better for distance the Corbin will be offered up reasonably for sale. I love it's shape and it can go 300 miles for me no issues, after that not so good.

I have ridden a Russel on my LT and yes it is the best. However on a 950 # bike I really did not move around on the seat and to me that is the issue with them I dont think you can react and get out of the pocket/bucket fast enough. So I will try the Sargent for a bit. Also every Russel I have seen shows wear on the left side welt at the front with a wrinkle on the side from putting your left foot down at stops. I am a one footer, right is always on the brake, left down at stops. It pissed me off. Tho only place it showed any issues after 34,000 miles on the LT.

May turn out that a Corbin with 2000 miles and a Sargent with less will be in the classifieds for great savings to someone, but I hope only the Corbin.

We will see after I get it today.
If you still have your stock seat, do a couple of comparisons for me. Is the sargent any taller than stock, is it any flatter (I don't like that little upsweep at the back of the drivers seat) and does it sit you back any further?

Thanks, Lucas
Well no show today, though my set of Z8's showed up and my cycleport gloves :)

If you go up though to the pic of the Sargent rear with the OEM front seat you will see it has to set you up farther if that rear is in place. I say that because when you look at the pics of the set that others posted there is no suck height difference.

Also the Sargent says you can use high and low which is the little plastic part under the OEM seat.