Sargent Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefcrouch

Reaction score
I am considering a Sargent seat. It looks like the Sargent may add an inch or so to the seat height (compared to stock seat). This would be a good thing as my oldish knees start screamin at me after an hour or two at such a severe angle. Any angle relief would be helpful. Anyone out there know if it is a taller saddle and, if so, by approx. how much?

I am considering a Sargent seat. It looks like the Sargent may add an inch or so to the seat height (compared to stock seat). This would be a good thing as my oldish knees start screamin at me after an hour or two at such a severe angle. Any angle relief would be helpful. Anyone out there know if it is a taller saddle and, if so, by approx. how much?
Seems about the same to me. With a 29" inseam, I couldn't handle anything higher.

I have an '05 and I found my Sargent seat to be exactly the same height as the stocker at a point close to the tank. As you move back from the tank, the Sargent is actually a bit lower but the net "stretch" to the ground is the same, as the Sargent is also wider as you move reward. This Sargent seat is one of the best investments I've made. Great quality and comfort.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.... I didn't notice much height difference, except that on both sides towards the tank, the seat is wider so it will spread your legs a bit....

As with Black Mamba, it is one of the best investments I ever made, its finally starting to wear in nicely... that and the Wilburs Full suspension upgrademake this bike a world of difference riding.... :)

Oh and if you haven't gotten a pair of highway pegs, then maybe you should, as it will really help to relax with stretching out your legs... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first got my Sargent seat, it felt as though I was sitting higher. I measured the height on it and the original and they were the same. My conclusion was that the seating position is higher due to the much firmer Sargent foam.

I also found that the pocket is farther back on the Sargent and ended up adding a set of 3/4" D&D risers to my Helibars to extend the reach of the bars. However, I've never heard of anyone else remarking about sitting farther back on a Sargent, so it doesn't seem to be an issue for most.

The Wild Bill highway pegs are a great addition for guys whose knees get sore (like mine).

Bob