Satellite Radio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else use "wired" earbuds like me? I use them with my Zumo 550/XM satellite radio and they sound great and also block road noise if you get the good ones (I have Etymotic ER-6's). You just have to remember to unplug them before walking away from the bike (which I know from experience).
I just took a deep breath & pulled the trigger on the Zumo 665. Got the XM 'Mostly Music' package for $10/month. I also use Etymotic ER6s and really like the sound quality and noise isolation, but when my wife starts riding with me, I plan to get a bluetooth headset for intercom duty. Seems she wants to talk to me while riding. Sheesh...

I just got done adding an Autocom with bike-to-bike GMRS radio, Radar detector, GPS, full phone service and iPhone iPod and music from XM radio or any other source that can go to a 3.5 mm jack. Fantastic stuff, all prioritized and with good fidelity. I am heading to the east coast starting 7/16. The route will be mainly US50 heading east, with a return on a more northern route. I have a XM3pi receiver for music. Smartphones don't even come close.

769843.jpg
Been a long time since this was posted, but I felt I should follow up. Do not buy this piece of crap radio. The adapters for automotive use are unsuitable for a motorcycle. About the third day out on the trip, the headphone jack quit and the unit never transmitted music again, just hiss and squeal. The unit is sensitive to heat and that also doesn't work. This has been relegated to a home station and is unsuitable for any mobile use. XMP3i radios are not suited for motorcycles. DONT BUY!

Okay I never thought I'd want music on the bike. But with a 2000 mile slab trip coming up, I'm starting to rethink this.

I don't have the time or patience to record a bunch of music onto an mp3 or what ever. Seems like satellite radio

might be the best way to go. I need advice on what and where to buy. I have a gps on a stem mount already.

So I guess that leaves the bars for mounting stuff. I have no plans to put a dash on the bike.

I did search but did not find what I need. All help appreciated.

PS. please don't tell the NERDS I have no clue about this stuff. :secret:
i put it in my tank bag. no need to access it while on the move. pick a channel and listen until the next gas stop.

use a MixIt (also in the tank bag) to input up to 4 into 1 output.

easier to set up. quicker to take with you when stopping.

https://www.mixitproducts.com/ (just a satisfied customer)

I have a Garmin376c which is a voice activated GPS with XM sat radio as well. i mounted the unit on the left side using the mirror mount on the handlebar and mounted the XM anttena with velcro on the right side battry cover. Plug in using earphones and away you go.