Saturday, January 2nd FJR Forum Ride to Yarnell, AZ!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Start 2010 off right! Join your fellow AZ FJR Forum buddies with a ride to Yarnell on Highway 89 North of Wickenburg, AZ.

Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" aka Don Stanley will lead the ride this Saturday, January 2. Our departure point is the McDonald's in Wickenburg. We'll depart there at 10:30 A. M. In Yarnell, we'll have lunch at the Ranch House Restaurant.

https://www.ranchhouserestaurantyarnell.com Phoenix temperatures are predicted to go up to 68 Degrees F.! Yarnell is located at an elevation of 4,600 feet. The high there should be 52 degrees, so dress accordingly. After lunch we'll continue riding the really fun nice twisties of Highway 89 on to Prescott for just one shot of Jack Daniels at Whiskey Row Cowboy Bar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Badcat Burk, You make this ride today, I'll buy you a shot of Herradura Tequila at Cowboy Bar; kill off your flu bugs for good!

What will be your ETA into Yarnell? A few of us are thinking about meeting you in Yarnell from Prescott for a bite to eat and the ride back to Prescott.

What will be your ETA into Yarnell? A few of us are thinking about meeting you in Yarnell from Prescott for a bite to eat and the ride back to Prescott.
https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Wickenburg...696&2v=CITY

It is only 25 miles and 30 minutes from Wickenburg to Yarnell, so we should be there by 11; unless SkooterGreg starts his blabber mouthing! My cell phone number is 480-440-4666; I'll be on one of the fast 2003 FJR's, silver and blue Miss Lucy Liu!

It is only 25 miles and 30 minutes from Wickenburg to Yarnell, so we should be there by 11; unless SkooterGreg starts his blabber mouthing!
Who would have thought! :eek:

Uhm...did he learn that from "Papa Chuy"? :huh:

You locals probably know this, but watch for DPS pacing you with VASCAR, (time and distance) so radar detectors don't help there. Got pinched (warning only luckily) for supposedly 51 in a 45. I told Dudley Do-Right that we purposely kept our speed down, but he had his pen out and wanted to do something with it. Enjoy the sweepers and White Spar twisties. Hoist one for me at WR.

It is only 25 miles and 30 minutes from Wickenburg to Yarnell, so we should be there by 11; unless SkooterGreg starts his blabber mouthing!
Who would have thought! :eek:

Uhm...did he learn that from "Papa Chuy"? :huh:
Yes, he did! Between Greg and I we can talk the ears off of an entire herd of Bassett Hounds! I'm Irish, it is expected of me!!!

You locals probably know this, but watch for DPS pacing you with VASCAR, (time and distance) so radar detectors don't help there. Got pinched (warning only luckily) for supposedly 51 in a 45. I told Dudley Do-Right that we purposely kept our speed down, but he had his pen out and wanted to do something with it. Enjoy the sweepers and White Spar twisties. Hoist one for me at WR.
CAJW: Right you are my Friend, VASCAR big time on Yarnell Grade; we locals also hear they've White Spar twisties VASCAR'd!

We didn't stop in Prescott after all; Greg led part of the group to Skull Valley and I led the rest to Dewey-Humboldt and home!

It was good, as always, to see Don and Skooter. The actually behaved somewhat at lunch. It's funny they both agreed they didn't like the movie Men Who Stare at Goats because there was no sex with the goats involved.....they thought they would have liked it better if were Men Who Stare at Sheep......you can tell they are related in a sick and twisted way.

Burk

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?t...w;topicseen#new Lots of pictures here of yesterday's fun Arizona riding!!!
Thanks, Don. Checked out the photos.

...and I thought the FJR groups were old. Sheesh, those BMW blokes are a bunch of friggin' antiques. ;)

Skooter looks like a 12-year-old sitting with them. :D

[SIZE=8pt]They don't read this forum, do they?[/SIZE]
Actually, they do read FJR Forum, Old Michael! But the great news is: Thanks to our being senile and demented, in 10 minutes time we'll not be able to remember if we were pissed off at you or not, over you calling us Fossils! SkooterGreg is freaking 12!

pinhead Dave & Kyndall: If you two are sick of the snow by now, you could fly to Phoenix and borrow a couple of mi motos.

Dave "Orestes" Clarke flys into Phoenix from England on Tuesday, January 19 and Rena flys into Phoenix from Houston on Thursday, January 21. Friday morning at o-dark-thirty we ride Northwest to Death Valley Daze. I'd offered barb and MEM the use of my Harley-Davidson FXD and my BMW F650GS Twin, but they said they didn't want to leave Canada's snowy weather!

Your favorite bartender Niehart of Cantina 106 will be there, plus your boyfriend Big-D. Call me if interested: 480-440-4666

And your soul brother Old Michael will be at Death Valley Daze; I don't have to tell you, that boy is all hands and so friendly!!!