Scala G4 on ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second, or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.
No returns or exchanges
you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
Spend a dime quarter and give the seller a call. The seller is near by several of us New England riders should you need someone to knock on his door...

Oh ya, one last thing -- the seller is a Harley Davidson dealer and this is surely a customer return.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called and spoke with them and everything seems legit. The woman had the box right in front of her and opened it to make sure it was all there. She said it was complete and that everything was new. They don't take returns on it, but she said if there were any problems it could be warrantied through Scala in accordance with the date of purchase. She wasn't sure how long the warranty lasted though.

I'm going to go ahead and a take a chance on it. I'll let yall know how it goes, but I'm working out of state right now and won't be home for about 9 days.

I called and spoke with them and everything seems legit. The woman had the box right in front of her and opened it to make sure it was all there. She said it was complete and that everything was new. They don't take returns on it, but she said if there were any problems it could be warrantied through Scala in accordance with the date of purchase. She wasn't sure how long the warranty lasted though.

I'm going to go ahead and a take a chance on it. I'll let yall know how it goes, but I'm working out of state right now and won't be home for about 9 days.
If you have a credit card that allows extended coverage as long as you send the documentation I might suggest that method. I have an extra year of coverage on mine. I bought mine from a on-line retailer and there was no seal on the package. everything inside was taped up and looked like it had not been tampered with. Just to let you know the FM function Sucks big time. The book will tell you to route the cable behind your head. This is bull crap. You need to route the longer earphone cable on top of the helmet. Even after you do that it still sucks. I only get one out of 6 possible stations with occasional static coming through. :angry: I may still look for another FM solution.

Good luck.

Dave

I called them as well. Seems all good. She said they were new and unopened. She also said they had at least a few. I bought a set. Called my buddy and he bought a set! Thanks a bunch Morris. That is one hell of a find! :yahoo:

Well... I just got an e-mail from them apologizing and saying that the item was suppose to be removed from e-bay and offering to refund my money. You and I both know that they have them in stock because Sue had the box in front of her when we spoke. I've never had this happen with e-bay before. So is there a way to get them to send the G4 anyways? I'm going to write her back telling how several of us from the forum ordered the system and that they would be receiving several negative feedbacks if we don't receive the items we committed to purchasing. I'm sure if it was the other way around and someone bought something from them, and then decided not to pay, that the dealership wouldn't be happy.

Well I got a disappointing email from this ebayer today:

"I would like to thank you for purchasin the Scala G4 Headset but unfortunately it is no longer available. It was made to be removed from EBAY as soon as it was sold but was mistakenly relisted. We do have a Scala Rider Teamset Pro Communicator System available if you are interested otherwise I will refund your payment.

Again I do apologize the mistake and we are working on the problem so this will not happen again.

Thank you for your time, Sue"

I guess what do you expect from a Harley shop. :angry2:

Well... I just got an e-mail from them apologizing and saying that the item was suppose to be removed from e-bay and offering to refund my money. You and I both know that they have them in stock because Sue had the box in front of her when we spoke. I've never had this happen with e-bay before. So is there a way to get them to send the G4 anyways? I'm going to write her back telling how several of us from the forum ordered the system and that they would be receiving several negative feedbacks if we don't receive the items we committed to purchasing. I'm sure if it was the other way around and someone bought something from them, and then decided not to pay, that the dealership wouldn't be happy.
Ya I am calling them. She told me on the phone they had more and will relist as they sell them. I got 2 of my buddies to buy a set each as well! Pissed!

Here's what I just sent her.

"Myself and several other members of our riding forum ordered this set, and even spoke with someone on the phone that had the product in front of them. Seems as we all just got the same e-mail from you though. It just doesn't seem fair to be able to turn around on a deal like this. I'm sure that if it were the other way around and we had all decided not to pay for the item, that this solution wouldn't seem so simple. Many of our members order through you on a regular basis, but once this news gets around, I'm sure that will change as we trust each others judgement and experiences. I can forward you the e-bay usernames of us that are involved if you'd like, and hopefully get this resolved so that we receive what we purchased."

I'm hoping that they will at least honor the sales to us.

And no.. They're not a usual spot for us to find things, but, for all she knows, we're some huge harley site.

Here's what I just sent her.

"Myself and several other members of our riding forum ordered this set, and even spoke with someone on the phone that had the product in front of them. Seems as we all just got the same e-mail from you though. It just doesn't seem fair to be able to turn around on a deal like this. I'm sure that if it were the other way around and we had all decided not to pay for the item, that this solution wouldn't seem so simple. Many of our members order through you on a regular basis, but once this news gets around, I'm sure that will change as we trust each others judgement and experiences. I can forward you the e-bay usernames of us that are involved if you'd like, and hopefully get this resolved so that we receive what we purchased."

I'm hoping that they will at least honor the sales to us.

And no.. They're not a usual spot for us to find things, but, for all she knows, we're some huge harley site.
I just got off the phone w/ Sue. She said she is trying to get more to satisfy those who purchased. She said they only had 2 sets in stock and they sold in store. Sue said she would call me by the end of today to see if they can get more. I guess there were 5 people who got burned. Me, my 2 buddies, Morris and one other. Hope they make it right.

Even if it takes a week or so to get in, that's fine with me. I think they listed them wrong and are trying to get around selling them at that price. Hopefully with you calling at the same time that I sent that e-mail, they will be more inclined to come through on the sale. Internet intimidation!

Even if it takes a week or so to get in, that's fine with me. I think they listed them wrong and are trying to get around selling them at that price. Hopefully with you calling at the same time that I sent that e-mail, they will be more inclined to come through on the sale. Internet intimidation!
You know it Morris. I too believe they realized they were selling too cheap! I wont hesitate to leave shitty feedback if I am left disappointed. I have no problem waiting a week or two.

I would negative feedback them anyway. If a seller lists something on eBay, they commit to selling it on eBay, and listing stuff they have on the shelf, just to cover their bases, ain't right.

Happened to me earlier this year on a pair of boots. Sent immediate Paypal like the listing said, got an email that they'd been sold, listing was not supposed to have happened, blah blah. Yeah, they refunded, but so what? The money that Paypal took out, then got back in refund, was't available to me for 4 or 5 days because some asshat tried to cover all his bases.

It's bullshit, and sellers doing this need to be rated for it.

I just got an e-mail that my payment had been refunded. I didn't ask for it to be refunded... And it mentions that it wouldn't even be available for 3-4 days.

Message from Merchant "Do to an increase in price and unavailability of this product we are issuing a refund. I do apologize"

A41Billy: Did you get the same e-mail? Did she ever call you back?

Time for me to send her another e-mail...

I just got an e-mail that my payment had been refunded. I didn't ask for it to be refunded... And it mentions that it wouldn't even be available for 3-4 days.

Message from Merchant "Do to an increase in price and unavailability of this product we are issuing a refund. I do apologize"

A41Billy: Did you get the same e-mail? Did she ever call you back?

Time for me to send her another e-mail...
I just got the same email, no call. Pretty crappy customer service. I guess they dont care much for their ebay reputation. I know of at least 4 negative marks they have coming. I will give Sue another call and wait to hear what they say. "Due to increase in price" tells me they wont eat the difference to make up for their mistake. Weak.

Just got off the phone with Sue. Basically she is a liar. They said there was a $130 price increase from their vendor and they were back ordered. So they decided to refund everybody. I reminded her I was on the phone with her yesterday right before I place my order and she had at least a few left and would be relisting them. Now she says they were sold before they could fulfill orders.

I let her know that that is poor business and they will be receiving several negative feedbacks regarding this "mistake". All she could say was sorry. Personally if it were my business, I would have ate the few hundred $$ to save face. :angry03:

I sit in front of 5 computers all day at work being bored out of my mind. I have nothing but time to go back and forth with them until they come through. The better business bureau will be hearing about this next, but here's my latest e-mail to her.

"When we spoke on the phone, twice, you had the product in your hand, and I hit the 'buy it now' within seconds of that call. So supposedly you have mine sitting right there. Before we all leave detailed negative feedback for this, you may want to speak to someone about eating a loss on this one to benefit future ebay sales. As of right now you have no negative feedback for this month, and very little in the past year. I don't want to hurt your sales, but the feedback is there to warn others of unfair business practice. These won't be feedback that can be blamed on shipping either."

Looks like we have to wait a week to leave nasty feedback. I will see how you come out with the emails. Let me know if you need any assistance or info.