Scala G4 on ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got his email:

I have recieved a call from Chris explaining his unhappiness with the outcome of this EBAY transaction and another email. To Chris and everyone else, I would like to say first I again apologize and that we have done everything in our power to make everyone happy in this situation, but sometimes unfortunately in life these things happen.

I would like to address Chris. Not once did I say I had the product "in my hand". I said that we had 2 in stock because people had ordered them and then cancelled their orders. When you called the second time, Chris, to my knowledge we still had both of them. I do not constantly check every second whether an item has sold. I check Ebay 2 or 3 times a day as I have other responsibilities to attend to in the dealership, so within that time it is possible that someone else purchased this product and I was unaware of that. You have to understand that in this business things sell very quickly and products become unavailable.

No one is perfect, systems have "glitches" and products become unavailable. We are NOT trying to "scam" you as you said on the phone or "pull a fast one". We simply had miscommunications within our department and no longer have the product. It is as cut and dry as that. This is one product out of over 400 products we have listed on the website and no matter what, something at some point will go wrong. Nothing is full proof. Mistakes will happen unfortunately whether it be by a human or a machine.

We do apologize to you and your friends and have refunded your money. It was a mistake, nothing more and nothing less. It was simply an error.

Again we do apologize.

FYI- I dont know WTH Chris is, but I talked to Sue on the phone and she DID say she had it in front of her unopened, had more to sell and would relist other immediately so my friends could buy. I ordered instantly after the phone call. I don't believe they have done everything in their power to make it right.

I just replied with this:

Dear NHD Parts Manager-

This is Scott(mobilepcmedic),

When I called Sue yesterday, she said she had the package in front of her and unopened. She also said you had others and would relist as they sold. I had told you there were others interested. I know the Scala G4 is still a readily available product in the market. You also told me your vendor cost went up $130? How is this a customer problem?

Seems you should stand behind your prices and products even if it your mistake costs you a few bucks. That would be good business. Now my money can’t be accessed for 4 days because of your mistake. Apologies are nice, but don’t always fix a mistake. I am willing to withhold negative feedback for a week to give you the opportunity to correct your mistake by honoring your deal to me and my friends. Otherwise I think you will see some negative marks.

My first name is Chris. I never go by that, but it's on my e-mail, so I think she got our names mixed up. She told me the exact same thing about having it in her hand, and that she would be listing more. I even made a little comment to her at that time that I would pass on the information to yall.

As for her claiming to have already sold the two that she had on hand... I could understand if in the auction it said that item was for sale locally and could be ended early, but it didn't.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, as they are not part of the BBB. They haven't done anything to try and work with us on this.

You fellers went into this knowing that something didn't smell right and questioned the deal. At least one responder asked if you felt lucky, pointed out several risk factors and suggested calling the seller. You called and the nice lady lied to you, or was confused or was honestly mistaken. They replied to you promptly, stayed in touch with you, offered apologies and refunded your money voluntarily without needing the assistance of a lawyer to make it happen. Do you really want to make a stand on this? Ya have to pick your fights and this one doesn't look like much of a fight. However, if you just can't let it go, for a small fee the next time I'm in Manchester I can stop by and kick Sue in the shins for you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost nothing on this supposed transaction. At this point it has me back in the same spot of not buying the G4 because the regular price is just more than I'm willing to spend. If I were at home with things to do I'd probably drop this. But... I'm sitting in a trailer, at the base of an oil rig, in the middle of a field, on the Kansas/Oklahoma border 24 hours a day for about 8 more days...

Looks like negative feedback then. I think 4-5 negative marks in a month right before Christmas would be damaging for their ebay sales. My problem is they also lied and said their vendor raised the price $130 and are OOS?! :uhuh: I call bullshit! They CAN get the product and make it right, they just don't want to.

How much for a shin kick? :winksmiley02:

Anoint your next email as you see fit.

nutkick.gif

Sim.gif