Scala Q2 - finally did the mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmc

Ginger-Mex Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. So much better, so much clearer.

It's really not a hard mod. Anyone who has even minor abilities with a soldering iron can do it, just make sure to follow the instructions found HERE.

Cost = $0.99

I tossed the old helmet speakers in the trash. Totally useless now.

The only problem I found was wrangling the excess wire from the headphones. I ended up just tucking the excess in my jacket. I'm using the SkullCandy phones found at Target for around $10. Work fine, but I may upgrade later on.

Pics later.

I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. So much better, so much clearer.
It's really not a hard mod. Anyone who has even minor abilities with a soldering iron can do it, just make sure to follow the instructions found HERE.

Cost = $0.99

I tossed the old helmet speakers in the trash. Totally useless now.

The only problem I found was wrangling the excess wire from the headphones. I ended up just tucking the excess in my jacket. I'm using the SkullCandy phones found at Target for around $10. Work fine, but I may upgrade later on.

Pics later.
i to did this mod and finally went back to the original speakers

i found sliding my helmet over my melon with earbuds in to be a pain in the neck and the sound quality was still the shits for music

i did like the noise cancelation with the ear buds in but i find ear plugs more comfortable

the sound quality for comunication and cell phone are incredible even at speeds but the music quality just sucks

Mike,

I'd bet, with better earphones, you would be happy.

Problem is, everyone's ear is different, and finding those right plugs might be a chore, not to mention expensive.

I might just go all-out, and get the S-Plugs.

https://plugup.com/cart/index.php?main_page...;products_id=44

FWIU, these are pretty much the ultimate solution for MC riders. Comfort, SQ, noise reduction... but expensive!