Scorpio Alarm SR-i500 Fuse

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian T

Reaction score
I've just installed a Scorpio alarm and I burned up the original fuse and tossed it. Now I can't find anything to tell me the original fuse amp size. Everytime I put in a 5 amp the alarm sounds for a fraction of a second and the fuse is blown. Does anyone know what size fuse I should put in the Scorpio fuse holder? I don't want to just jump up the size without knowing this for fear that I may harm the unit.

Thanks,

Brian in Denver

Just went out and took a look at mine. The Scorpio holder has a 15 amp fuse in it. As huron said, take a good look at your install again and check for shorts and the correct connections.

--G

Just went out and took a look at mine. The Scorpio holder has a 15 amp fuse in it. As huron said, take a good look at your install again and check for shorts and the correct connections.
--G
You guys are the best. I've wrote Scorpio a couple days ago and no reply yet and here I get what I need in minutes. Yes I've stripped the plastic cover back looking for a short and untaped all my connections to see what I messed up. Also got another 06 FJR harness from the vendor thinking that they sent me the wrong one. Only thing I could think is the the fuse was too small for the short alarm that always goes off when you plug the system into the power.

Yep!!!! just tried a 10 amp (don't have a 15 yet) and the alarm sounded and the fuse did not blow. I'll try all the features tomorrow when the family is not in bed.

Thanks a million.

Brian

Yep 15AMP fuse will do ya. The alarm pulls just under 7 amps at full alarm. I checked that when I installed one on my Hayabusa. I also installed one on my FJR last weekend. Make sure you bury the main module in a hard to reach place that has an opening for the alarm horn. Under the ECU is descent, but it will block the sound quite well. There a few other places to hide it.