Scorpion EXO-1000 Helmet $99 New

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am cancelling my order after going over to Cycle Gear as well. Nice helmet for the price, but I am certainly not a large as the website would suggest. XL fit "OK", but not as well as my Shoei.

Word of warning to others to make sure you try this on before ordering or you may be returning them.

Competition Accessories was selling Shark full face helmets the other day for 79.99........I bought one and it is great.

Did anyone get there helmets yet? How do they fit ETC?
I got one. Intended to order a Large, because that is the same size as my Arai. Large was not avilable. So I ordered an XL instead. XL is too small, or perhaps does not fit my bean properly. So I got an return authorization and will ship the helmet back today - at my cost - for a 2XL. If that doesn't fit right, I'll probably just throw the thing on Craigslist or something. The helmet is pretty quiet, at least compared to my Arai. I like the internal flip-down tinted visor, especially during those dawn and dusk rides. There's a little lever than can be used to crack open the outer visor a bit, some may like it.

I replaced my Shoei large helmet with a large Scorpion EXO-1000. It is a lot harder to get on my head but once on, the bucket part of the helmet fits perfectly. I'm hoping for the side padding to loosen up a little (but for a hundred bucks, what a heck of a deal for a top quality helmet).

Sadly, Mine is also too small... :glare:

I have a XXL Scorpion EXO 400 and it fits PERFECT. The XXL EXO 1000 is super tight my my melon.

I love the helmet though. I might try and butcher the inside a little... :p

I ordered 2 medium helmets. Compared to the Arai Rx7 it is more snug fitting. Perhaps a large would be slightly better, but it is very quiet whilst riding. I have not noticed any discomfort on my recent rides. I am sure it will loosen up a little given time. You can wear glasses even with the sun visor do