Scraped exhaust today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does Deals Gap compare with Hwy 1 where it turns inland over to Leggett in northern CA? I think it was 36 miles and real tight. I road the old HD over that road this year and thats one reason I ordered the 06 FJR. I would really like to try out a new FZ1 on that streach though. Waiting and waiting and....PM. < :( ((((((>< :huh:
Rode that stretch last summer on a rented Harley Electra Glide classic with a group of my friends from another forum...

However, since I learned to ride in southen Alabama, where it's mostly flat, I couldnt' keep up with my friends... they were all riding various Harleys...

from what several of the guys that have ridden the Dragon, the Dragon it is WAY curvier and harder to ride..

There are lots of great rides in that area, also in Arkansas... some of them say that the Talimina Pig trail is even more fun...

I'm goin up thru the redwoods again this summer, this time on th FJR.. I'm shipping it to San Diego from hawaii and riding it to Ohio..wiht a few detours... like the northern coast of Cali..<BG>

In any case, have a good time.

Mary aka Krashdragon

I see Dunlop lists the 208ZR as an option for the FJR - with the CLASS discount I'll be running their replacement (Qualifiers) this summer. Anyone try the 208ZR or qualifiers yet?
I have them on mine and love them so far, still too early to tell how much mileage I'll get out of them. Great grip in both wet and dry and they feel better than the stock stones I replaced.

208ZR or the new Qualifiers? at $200/set vs $200 just for a rear Z6 they are looking pretty good for a sporty Summer tire.

I'm goin up thru the redwoods again this summer, this time on th FJR.. I'm shipping it to San Diego from hawaii and riding it to Ohio..wiht a few detours... like the northern coast of Cali..<BG>
Drop me a line when you head from San Diego to Northern CA. I live between the two. Once you get past the Los Angeles metropolis, the road is just beautiful. Click on my link for a pick from Lucia, right on Hwy 1.

I haven't actually ridden my FJR up there yet. On our last trip, we'd owned the bike for less than an hour before leaving. I couldn't even REACH the ground, so DH kindly offered to ride it for me. Seeing how the FJR handled those curves, compared to my cruiser was what really sold me on the bike. And then he mentioned how easily the FJR reached 140mph later in the day.....

Jill