SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the rear wheel into Bentley's to get a new tire today. Took in a brand new Bridgestone T30 GT and the tech split the tire bead. Now they need to locate a replacement tire. Looks like I'm down for the count this weekend.
Maybe you're lucky that it happened when it was mounted and not fail while riding your bike......sounds like a defective tire.

I think it was a guy not paying attention, or not using enough lube on the tire changer. Nothing wrong with the new tire until the inner bead got peeled. The store sells KTM, Yamaha, Suzuki and Polaris and doesn't have a single sport touring tire in stock, so they are ordering a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the rear wheel into Bentley's to get a new tire today. Took in a brand new Bridgestone T30 GT and the tech split the tire bead. Now they need to locate a replacement tire. Looks like I'm down for the count this weekend.
Yeah...that truly does suck.

I think it was a guy not paying attention, or not using enough lube on the tire changer. Nothing wrong with the new tire until the inner bead got peeled. The store sells KTM, Yamaha, Suzuki and Polaris and doesn't have a single sport touring tire in stock, so they are ordering a replacement.
At least it isn't the best riding weekend of the year. You would think they'd have a tire in stock for your bike. Hope you get her back on the road soon. Good meeting you, Joe, and everyone else (all the Steve's. etc.) on the ride to Marietta. Maybe next time we could choose some roads that aren't quite so boring.

I heard from O'face on this. He can't post here but commented:

Since I can't comment in the thread, I'll tell you that when I mounted this tire is was a nightmare. It's stiff as a mofo.. Can't force it too much tho, that's prob what your guy did. Needs finessing.

Seems like we would all benefit from being aware this tire could be difficult to mount. Gee, I'm a little reluctant to start a tire thread, ya know?

Yep, that's me....and that tire was done.....bike was pushing in every corner. Not fun when you're 2-up.

Was this you?
DSC_0745_05-05-2014.jpg

Nothing wrong with that...I'd ride it.

Sorry, Ramble has been called off this year due to forecast rain, cold temperatures, and a large system of FJR a_holes in the vicinity.

:****:

Just kidding. Wayne will be along shortly to tell you when the dinner is, and the surcharges for event staff scouting and other stuff. You know, typical Ramble stuff.

:D

Is there a 2015 SE Ohio Ramble in the works ? THANKS
I'm sure that if you were to start a new thread about a 2015 SE Ohio Ramble, maybe sometime around the first weekend in May. You could get quite a turnout at the Microtel Hotel in Marietta, willing to ride the flat, straight, boring roads.

Just my $.02

I'm sure that if you were to start a new thread about a 2015 SE Ohio Ramble, maybe sometime around the first weekend in May. You could get quite a turnout at the Microtel Hotel in Marietta, willing to ride the flat, straight, boring roads.

Just my $.02
I agree and would attend!

Just my $.02
So start the '15 thread!?

We may need to start booking our ressies as rumors have it that the MSTA is going to crash this party.
aikido.gif
...JK,,,, I think ;)

I'm sure that if you were to start a new thread about a 2015 SE Ohio Ramble, maybe sometime around the first weekend in May. You could get quite a turnout at the Microtel Hotel in Marietta, willing to ride the flat, straight, boring roads.Just my $.02
So start the '15 thread!?

We may need to start booking our ressies as rumors have it that the MSTA is going to crash this party. :aikido: ...JK,,,, I think ;)
KJ, Since the Ramble has always been a "show up and ride" thing, anyone can start the thread. So post up, and they will come.

I might be able to make it down in the cage Saturday, for the parking lot antics.

Just don't tell the MSTA group!
not_i.gif

Just my $.02