Second Look Tank Skin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster19

Reaction score
UPDATE: We have made the 15+ orders, so we can start ordering TODAY. Tina also has made it easier for us by setting up the web page for ordering.

Here is her email and instructions for ordering.

Hi Dave

I have talked with the web guy and he as set up a coupon code that can be used to get the 15% discount on the website. The code is FJRGROUP. Orders can be placed starting today and will be good until Sept 1. This code works for all FRJ tank skins.

Thanks

Tina

Second Look

www.second-look.com

800-566-5753

I want to thank everyone who has and will participate in this Group Buy. I hope you enjoy your new Tank Skins.

Dave

I finally got around to posting the picks of my Second Look Tank Skin. I really like the looks and think it helps some with heat issues as well. My Yamaha tank bag still stays in place with the magnets.

Yes, I washed it to make sure there was no dust or dirt on tank (so go easy on how clean my bike looks) :)

closeup.jpg

As you can see it does a nice job of covering the small dent my knee put in the tank when she wanted to dip over on me. :)

secondlook.jpg

If you have any questions please feel free to ask,

Dave

PS. I asked about a possible group buy and have yet heard anything from them. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. How does it attach?

I notice that they also sell seat skins. Have you seen those?

I like it. How does it attach? I notice that they also sell seat skins. Have you seen those?
2 plastic clips on each side and one clip one the front (near seat). It then has an elastic bungie type cord that goes around the front of the tank. A piece of cake to install.

I've never seen the seat skins. I use a Skidmore product that works great for my seat. I know the make a "full" tank skin for 06 and newer.

Dave

Nice look Dave,

It might inspire me to get one, but the I might have to start cleaning my bike somewhat regularly.... EEEEW, besides that would be taking away from my riding time.

Catch up with you in August for a closer inspection and some riding.

B

Funny you post these pics; I was just looking at them a few days.

In the installation, did you have to pull the tank in order to get the cord around it?

Also, when at speed, is there any flapping in the wind? I had a friend that put a bra on his car back in high school and didn't notice that the right side in front of the wheel wasn't attached, and the flapping in the wind wore through the paint. I've been afraid of vehicle bras ever since. I said VEHICLE bras. :rolleyes:

Hey I have one those too except I went for the "carbon fiber" style which I think looked better on my black bike. In fact it was one of the first things I bought for my FJR last year when I got it. One of the better more functional items I have added. Much better than the adhesive protectors IMO.

In the installation, did you have to pull the tank in order to get the cord around it?
Also, when at speed, is there any flapping in the wind? I had a friend that put a bra on his car back in high school and didn't notice that the right side in front of the wheel wasn't attached, and the flapping in the wind wore through the paint. I've been afraid of vehicle bras ever since. I said VEHICLE bras. :rolleyes:
You don't have to pull the tank and it sits quite tightly against the tank so there is no flapping at all. The hardest part is getting the two screws that attach the side/rear tank trim piece lined up through the trim and through the skin, but even that's not very hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://second-look.com/store/FJR1300_2003_2007.html

The URL says through 2007, but the 2006-2009 section is in the bottom half of the page

Silverhound-since you have the black bike, like mine, can take a pic or two of it? I was leaning towards the black-carbon as well. Did you get the embroidered logo on it? I'm interested in it, in part because people keep asking me what the bike is since the labeling isn't all that obvious.

Looks very nice. I run a yamaha bra on my FZ1, but that looks like it's a LOT higher quality. 60 bucks to embrioder?WOW.

I'd like to get one soon, but not embriodered...

Silverhound-since you have the black bike, like mine, can take a pic or two of it? I was leaning towards the black-carbon as well. Did you get the embroidered logo on it? I'm interested in it, in part because people keep asking me what the bike is since the labeling isn't all that obvious.
Sure, here you go. I didn't get the one with the logo (obviously) as I figured it was just something else that would get dirty and then make the skin look shabby. Plus I like to keep people guessing what I am riding. :rolleyes:

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.