Sena SMH10 Helmet Communication

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seahag

Reaction score
After reading posts from this site along with many others, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered the SENA SMH10 Dual (2 sets) Blue tooth communication system. This write-up at webbikeworld.com really sold me on the unit. I was searching for a unit that would allow for the "usual" wants, but also be able to stand-up the the Pacific Northwest weather. I ended up purchasing the devices online for $279.99 (dual) from mrhit.com with free shipping to boot. The single units are going for $159.99.

I will comment on the units once I get them up and running....hopefully this time next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a pair for a little over a month now.

Be careful when clipping the removable unit back on to make sure the pins line up exactly with the contact pads. I had to get both of mine replaced under warranty because we tried to put them on "blind" while wearing our helmets...ended up damaging one of the contact pads, and bending a pin or two.

In related news, their customer service is pretty good. And I've been very happy with the performance of them otherwise.

After reading posts from this site along with many others, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered the SENA SMH10 Dual (2 sets) Blue tooth communication system. This write-up at webbikeworld.com really sold me on the unit. I was searching for a unit that would allow for the "usual" wants, but also be able to stand-up the the Pacific Northwest weather. I ended up purchasing the devices online for $279.99 (dual) from mrhit.com with free shipping to boot. The single units are going for $159.99.
I will comment on the units once I get them up and running....hopefully this time next week.
Welcome to the forum from Bonney Lake!

I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts also as I've been wanting to get a system and can't decide which to get.

MrHit.com website says units won't ship till 5/24/2010. Probably on back order.
I just saw that too. I assume since I did order it before the 16th, they'll be shipping my order on the 19th.

I am eagerly awaiting for it to arrive...getting tired of trying to communicate via hand signals with my wife when we ride 2 up.

Thanks for the warm welcome Harald. I'll make sure to post my opinion of the devices. I am looking forward to streaming music and listening to my wife talk :huh: