Sena Ver2 UPGRADE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar8000

Reaction score
SENA has just recently released Version 2 of their BT units. This new version has an ability to upgrade software for any future upgrades via a USB port. All UNITS that I shipped in the last couple of weeks were already Ver2. All those that recently bought from me and got ver 1 I really had no information that it was coming out so please do not hold it against me.

SENA has also announced that it will start a replacement program shortly, where you will be able to get your Ver1 unit replaced with Ver2. Frankly, I have never seen a company that would do this sort of thing. They are not establishing a time limit on how old the unit is to be replaced by this program. Replacement will cost 49.95 from my initial conversation with my contact at Sena.

Owners of Ver1 not need to worry. You still have 2 year warranty and your units do not have anything that ver2 units have at the moment. reason for this change is many customers were asking for this ability and at the moment there is really no diff between ver1 and ver2. So, sky is not falling :)

Please stand by as information is not yet available on their web site. I am trying to get as much info out of my contact there as I can. I am told that info would be released shortly.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.