Sept 24th Oak Glen Ride & Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzkenoman

Reaction score
My wife and I saw a local highlight by Huel Howser on Oak Glen and its apple Orchards, restaurants and shops. Since I have never been to Oak Glen, this place sounded inviting with its choice of different apple selections not found at your local grocery store. Apple pies, apple cider cinnamon donuts (melts in your mouth), custom ciders, trail walks, museum and much more, I think we would all ride away pretty satisfied.

You can meet us there or maybe bring your own posse of friends and riders, but get there early because the weekend crowd can make parking difficult. I would like to see everyone get there between 10am and noon and spend some quality time with your spouse or significant other, or just want to load up on apple turnovers for the winter? There is a place we could congregate called the Village Candy Store as a central location if needed. If we are lucky and get a big enough FJR turnout, we could probably occupy all of the parking spaces, but you would have to arrive early...now wouldn't that be a kodak moment? Probaby piss off all the other bikers and tourist motorhomes, but its a thought.. :)

Anyone want to invade Oak Glen?

If you come early you can join us at the breakfast buffet here:

Apple Dumplin's Restaurant: Great Food, Friendly Service, Charming Historic Building, Bakery, Weddings, Banquets & Catering. Join us weekends for our Breakfast Buffet - 8:30am-noon!

Click here for the Oak Glen web site

ogm.jpg

og_map_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from Oak Glen, what a great place. If you love apple pie, make sure you have room enough in the trunk for a couple of them. A La Mode is just terrific at Annies Restaurant. Hope to see you guys on the 24th!

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

For those interested in this ride and meet. There is a fire out in the big bear area and lake arrowhead. last weekend there have been one near Oak Glen according to another ride, so we will have to see how the conditions are closer to the weekend. Its not fun riding thru smoke.

I might be able to persude my wife to go. So, I am a tentitive maybe.

Ok, the East has rain and we have wildfires. Wife wants to go- yeah! She loves apple fritters. So we will be there at 10am pending the wildfires.

When we went last week to check out the routes, we tasted the pies at Annies Restaurant. Luckily I had one of those coleman flexible ice coolers, its 12x12x24 and insulated and I tied down the cooler with straps that helped us carry the 2 pie boxes home. There are probably quite a few jars of Jams that I want to bring, but not sure how to store them in the saddlebags without breaking, anyone with suggestions?

[SIZE=14pt]This is definately a ride and destination to be on. I know since I met Larry and company there last weekend. Definately a place to put on a few extra pounds.[/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo:

If anyone wants to leave from south Orange county, we will be meeting at Denny's at 8:30 in San Juan Capistrano at the intersection of Ortega 74 & Hwy 5. Behind the east side Chevron. Kickstands up at 8:45am.

We had a great time with Minuteman, Barabus, DocDanDC and the spouses that came along. We tried to meet up with GunMD and his friends but couldn't get there fast enough. Heres some photos of the trip. After lunch and after we picked up another great cherry pie, Barabus and I went to Idlewild and Garner Valley for some great afternoon riding. Thanks guys, it was fun!

Click here for the PHOTOS

My first ride with the FJR board. Wow- too much fun. I want to thank Larry for leading such a great ride. Enjoyed meeting DocDanDC and Minuteman. Until the next time....

Where was the Raviolis Bistro at? I don't recognize it?

Glad you had a good ride. We were through Oak Glen before you- about 8:30.

I sent you a pm fjrme.

Im sorry we didn't meet up, we brought a cherry pie home from oak glen, had ice cream in idlewild, and italian for dinner, what a great day!