Serious mistake today, looked at a 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just over at Chips' house this evening. That Black Cherry is BEAUTIFUL! He wouldn't trade me, tho' :(

It's done. I bought my cherry back!

The stealership came within $250 of what I considered fair, so I had them include the 600 mile service at their expense and sealed the deal. The whole deal was dependent upon closing everything by this evening, being the 31st of Jan.

So I also had to get off work this afternoon and spent four hours doing possibly the fastest de-farkling on record! There were a couple things I just could not get to and had to leave. Anything that required removing the wretched ABCD panels was out of the question. I also had to leave my hyperlites and that awesome set of LED turns I custom fabricated. Just no way to unwire and make the removal. All in all, the only things I left on the 05 that I would like to have moved directly to the 07 was a set of grip puppies and my NPT throttle lock.

I'll make a list of 05 farkles for sale and post it tomorrow. Not much transfers to the 07.

I did decide to keep my Yami top case, backrest etc. and planning to repaint it to match the 07 Cherry. Stealership actually thought I would pay them $1400 for an installed top case. :)

Oh, and get this, the service mgr. (who I raced against on dirt) made several smart-ass remarks about me being an FJR expert since I was getting all that information off the Internet. You could tell it was really pissing him off that I had the nerve to insist on them doing certain checks. After all, he had been to two days of Yamaha class! It takes all kinds.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great move. :good: Now how long will it take to get a comparison report? 05 likes and dislikes compared to the 07. Should be a fun read. :read:

I hate to say it, but that is really ugly! :dribble: I have a blue 06, if you want to give that ugly blue thing away and try to color co-ordinate with that beautiful 07....or you could trade me your red motorcycle for my slightly used and scratched 06 and be in style! :rolleyes:
LC
LOL. Sweeten the deal with some swamp land in Florida and the Brooklyn Bridge and you can choose which one you want.

It's done. I bought my cherry back!The stealership came within $250 of what I considered fair, so I had them include the 600 mile service at their expense and sealed the deal. The whole deal was dependent upon closing everything by this evening, being the 31st of Jan.

So I also had to get off work this afternoon and spent four hours doing possibly the fastest de-farkling on record! There were a couple things I just could not get to and had to leave. Anything that required removing the wretched ABCD panels was out of the question. I also had to leave my hyperlites and that awesome set of LED turns I custom fabricated. Just no way to unwire and make the removal. All in all, the only things I left on the 05 that I would like to have moved directly to the 07 was a set of grip puppies and my NPT throttle lock.

I'll make a list of 05 farkles for sale and post it tomorrow. Not much transfers to the 07.

I did decide to keep my Yami top case, backrest etc. and planning to repaint it to match the 07 Cherry. Stealership actually thought I would pay them $1400 for an installed top case. :)

Oh, and get this, the service mgr. (who I raced against on dirt) made several smart-ass remarks about me being an FJR expert since I was getting all that information off the Internet. You could tell it was really pissing him off that I had the nerve to insist on them doing certain checks. After all, he had been to two days of Yamaha class! It takes all kinds.

:)
Congrats. Now it's time to change your sig line. Cut me and I bleed Yamaha Blue! doesn't work anymore.

Congrats Jeff!Did you get to keep your CR8EK plugs??
Congratulations !!!!!Now you've got to change your HaulinAshe photo!!
I have a spare set of CR8EK plugs on the garage shelf. So I let one set go. :)

Those photos cost me real money. Sorta like some other photos I have of other past relationships. Big difference is that I don't think that ole girl will want to cut me out of the pictures! Good memories!

Thanks Guys. I need sliders!

Jeff,
Congratulations !!!!!

Now you've got to change your HaulinAshe photo!!

Rick
Yeah Jeff, now you can change that squido/almost no geared avatar. ANDDDDD, you're going to need to make up new business cards for this year's EOM.

Congrats. Now it's time to change your sig line. Cut me and I bleed Yamaha Blue! doesn't work anymore.

Yeah, maybe something like... "Cut me & I bleed like a Yamaha stuck pig" or "Cut me & I bleed like a girl on the 1st day of her mentrual cycle"

Just kidding man... big congrats to you my friend.

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new bike! After seeing the black cherry in person at the Cycleworld show I know how you got drawn in. I was tempted, but resisted. I bought a new FZ1 last May and my daughter will start college in a year, so no more new motorcycles for a while.

Don't mind me I'm still looking for a Blue FJR. Anyone got one for sale?
Are you Joking? Look in the For Sale section. A number of them are their. I even had mine for sale until I decided to keep it. :yahoo: I should thank valetz, opt8low, my wife, and others for helping come to my senses.
I know there's lots of bikes for sale. Mostly it's the time of the year and most of these for sale are not very close to me.

Oh, and get this, the service mgr. (who I raced against on dirt) made several smart-ass remarks about me being an FJR expert since I was getting all that information off the Internet. You could tell it was really pissing him off that I had the nerve to insist on them doing certain checks. After all, he had been to two days of Yamaha class! It takes all kinds. :)
What kind of Checks did you have him do? I am going to be getting things in order to buy (hopefully) an FJR late February.

what do I need to ask or have the dealer ship do?

just wondering...

Good Job on the new ride "HaulinAshe"!! I can send you some of my pain meds if your face gets to sore from that big ol smile you your face. :D

-jwilly

I love that color. It kinda matches the color of your thighs and nuts after riding the 05 for an hour on a hot day.