Shad mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aalee

Reaction score
Just ordered Shad SH50 for GenII. Want to make sure I have a strong sturdy mount for passenger and luggage. What are you Shad owners using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered Shad SH50 for GenII. Want to make sure I have a strong sturdy mount for passenger and luggage. What are you Shad owners using?
I moved my SH46 from my 05 to my 09 and got a new Shad Topmaster for the 09 FJR from AdventureMotoUSA.com for $54.99. While I have a backrest for the SH46, I never installed it because it would be too far forward for my wife, so she just leans against the case. The Topmaster is a very sturdy mount that uses the main bolt from the luggage rack as well as 2 other bolts. The mounting plate for the case is then attached to the Topmaster mount.

Hope that helps . . . Dan

I recently got a new SH-46 and decided on spending the little extra for the security of a good mount. So, I got the TopMaster mount as well. It's a nice chunk of steel that bolts to the bike.

I did buy the backrest, but decided to have my girlfriend sit on the bike while I held it in place. I didn't want to drill any holes BEFORE discovering she didn't like it. She didn't like it. She finds it to be just fine without the back rest, especially with armor in the back of her jacket.

I have the Shad 50 and found the Shad recommended mount to be quite poor for the money. A riding buddy commented that my case seems to 'bounce' quite a bit. I have to look into this "TopMaster" but I was going to get a better stronger mounting plate made up for me.

I have the Shad 50 and found the Shad recommended mount to be quite poor for the money. A riding buddy commented that my case seems to 'bounce' quite a bit. I have to look into this "TopMaster" but I was going to get a better stronger mounting plate made up for me.
That's exactly what the TopMaster is - a better stronger mounting plate.

Buddy and I switched bikes so I got to see what mine looks like from behind. Shad SH50 bouncing with a Top Master mounting plate. It seems secure but maybe a little bounce is normal for all top cases?