Shad Top Case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I went with the Givi E260 because I too wanted a smaller case than some of the other board members have gone for. Also, as it is for tstaff, mine is mainly used as a backrest for the wife and spends the majority of it's time on the shelf in the garage.

While I am very happy with the Givi I must say that I like the design of the Shad better. Seems to match the lines of the bike better than the Givi. On the other hand, I wonder about the attachment since it uses an adapter plate instead of a full replacement rack. That is one thing that I like about the Givi is that they have a steel rack that is made for the FJR and provides a rock solid mount for the case. Very important to me since it is the wife that's leaning against it. She's less that 100 lbs but I really like to twist the throttle. :)

On another note, tstaff, what's with the chicken strip? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gitterdan, So how'd the ride go? Are you still pleased with it?
+1 :thumbsupsmileyanim: It has been a great addition. Lately, been riding with just the Shad trunk and not the side bags. I have not noticed it being back there at all (highway speeds included). It's a little dorky looking by it's self but large enough to put the leather jacket, pants and boots in trade for the slaps and cap for toolin around (need to add a helmit tie down to the bike). Found a local dude that does all the high dollar paint jobs for high-end autos that is going to use Garauld's paint codes to paint it.

Below is a pic of my SHAD 42 on my (past) FJR. It was the only top box model I could actually live with. I didn’t like the alternatives with the reflectors and “outdoor plumbing“.

IMG_0011b.jpg

Tom,

Case looks great...and color match is spot on in pictures. I would like a top case at times, but not crazy about hurting the lines of my purdy FJR. The lines on that Shad case seem to compliment the fjr.

Where did you get the bag reflectors?...i saw the solid reflectors here, but not with the fjr logo!

John

Thanks for the link, SQUIDO....but I don't see the tuning fork on Tstaff's decals....maybe they don't show up in the photos?

The case looks real nice on there. Not to big.

But I have another question. Was there a recent homicide next to your bike? I see chalk outlines. :p
No homicide, I may be letting my 3 year old watch to much CSI. :D
3 year old?!...I thought only us old fogey/rockin-chair bound riders, rode the FJR :glare: :D

Tom,

Case looks great...and color match is spot on in pictures. I would like a top case at times, but not crazy about hurting the lines of my purdy FJR. The lines on that Shad case seem to compliment the fjr.

Where did you get the bag reflectors?...i saw the solid reflectors here, but not with the fjr logo!

John

Email Alex on the fourm, he sells the stickers, plain, w/fjr logo, or w/fjr & tuning fork, you pick.

3 year old?!...I thought only us old fogey/rockin-chair bound riders, rode the FJR :glare: :D

I'm 41, just getting a late start on the "Dad Thing". :D

On another note, tstaff, what's with the chicken strip? :)

Still got the 1/4" chicken strips even with the new Avons I just installed, the pegs grind before I run out of tire.