Shell Rotella Rebate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my $20 rebate check from Shell this week. this forum rocks!
I had to call them, but sexy voiced Amanda was very helpful and believed mine was lost in the mail

She insisted all was on the up and up. Per her request, I faxed both the internet receipt and filled out request form (didn't have the store pickup original receipt anymore...it was mailed and lost) to her directly. I called back a few hours later and amazingly, she answered the phone from customer service.

She checked her faxes, looked them over, and approved my rebate advising my check would be in the mail the next day.

It still haven't arrived, but I'm convinced it will. Will post again.

BTW, I am very skeptical about rebates in general and hate to jump through other's hoops. I generally don't count rebates as good business practice.

9 out of 10 times, I have to file away rebate requests and follow up on them with the respective customer service. I've never had it refused, but if I don't document to myself when and where I've sent the request, and how to get in touch with them on it, I don't receive the rebate. I have to follow up in 6-8 weeks and gently convince them I sent everything in and correctly. It convinces me that companys write off rebates as mostly not being much of an expense and not payed out.

It would seem, only OCD and Anal folks like me get them in the end.

Man, I don't know how I missed this when it was originally posted!

Pulled it up, offer ends July 9, 2010...

I had to call them, but sexy voiced Amanda was very helpful and believed mine was lost in the mail

She insisted all was on the up and up. Per her request, I faxed both the internet receipt and filled out request form (didn't have the store pickup original receipt anymore...it was mailed and lost) to her directly. I called back a few hours later and amazingly, she answered the phone from customer service.

She checked her faxes, looked them over, and approved my rebate advising my check would be in the mail the next day.

BTW, I am very skeptical about rebates in general and hate to jump through other's hoops. I generally don't count rebates as good business practice.

9 out of 10 times, I have to file away rebate requests and follow up on them with the respective customer service. I've never had it refused, but if I don't document to myself when and where I've sent the request, and how to get in touch with them on it, I don't receive the rebate. I have to follow up in 6-8 weeks and gently convince them I sent everything in and correctly. It convinces me that companys write off rebates as mostly not being much of an expense and not payed out.

What phone # did you use? They have soo many, I have not gotten my rebate check as of yet. I sent it out 2 days after this was announced. Thanks..

What phone # did you use? They have soo many, I have not gotten my rebate check as of yet. I sent it out 2 days after this was announced. Thanks..
the one on the request form: 866-707-6737...always answer the recorded question that you sent in the form >8 weeks ago regardless

can first check on your status at "www.shellrebatecenter.com/rotella

on the status websight, there was no record of my request being received in any form

hope this helps and good luck...