Show me your tank bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesRW

Reaction score
Any of you have pics of yamaha bags on your bikes? Opinions on these bags? Yamaha has a couple that don't look too big, one expandable one not. I currently have a Rapid Transit on the Strom now but it's zippers are zapped.

Specifically this guy or this guy.

Link

Thanks,

James

Any of you have pics of yamaha bags on your bikes? Opinions on these bags? Yamaha has a couple that don't look too big, one expandable one not. I currently have a Rapid Transit on the Strom now but it's zippers are zapped.

Link

Thanks,

James
I've seen these bags up-close-and-personal, and I can honestly say that they look much nicer in the pictures. There are better bags out there for less money.

Haven't any photos to share just now, but really like my SWMotech/BagsConnection [City model] bag quite well, a couple of their other models should fit the FJR well also, ...love the mounting system! See them at Twisted Throttle dot com, [also good folks to trade with as it happens].

This isn't a Yamaha bag, per se, but it sure is roomy, and expandable in the sense that it consists of two separate bags that you can zip together if you want the full monty, or leave off the top one for a more normal sized tank bag. Each bag has a map pocket on the top so you always have a pocket in sight however you set it up. Sorry I don't know the price or model name, it was on the bike when I bought it used, but it's a Cortech bag (good strong magnets--never slipped at all, but easily moved to gas up). You might want to consider foregoing the Yamaha label and do a little wider search.

IMG_0300.jpg

I have a Cortech also, a little smaller than SacramentoMike's; it expands but does not separate, and it doesn't have the white lettering on the velcro flap. I think it is the "Cortech 21 liter Magnetic Tank Bag." It goes everywhere with us and we won't leave home without it. Lots of storage space and it holds the Starcom and MP3 and maps and a lot of quick access stuff. I think I paid something like $119 USD? in 2007. When you are shopping around Cortech and Tourmaster are very similar.

one link - Cortech tank bags at MAW

Better photo on the Cortech website

How it looks on the bike:

7-Rt16AlongtheOldCanadaRoadinME.jpg

S5001090.jpg

Here's a recent shot of my Yamaha Euro tankbag. Last time I checked they were no longer available here. But I have had it for almost three years now and it goes everywhere with me.

P3070003.jpg

Link

Thanks,

James
James- Pictured is the Eclipse version of the Yamaha expandable bag. Appears to be the same unit with different badging. I was looking for something that was low profile so I could see my GPS and instruments easily. It also carries it's magnets in the base of the bag instead of putting them inside "wings" that drape down either side of the gas tank.
P4130086.jpg

sgoat, what do you think about that one? I need something I can carry around, just something to put wallet, keys etc in while traveling so I can take it with me when I leave the bike.

Thanks for all the replies from everyone else, some of those bags are huge! I have a big expandable Famsa (click) for my Strom but want to get away from giant tank bags. I've got more than enough room in the side cases and (soon to be added) Shad V46.

Thanks for the pics too guys, helps a lot.

James

Link

Thanks,

James
I just ordered one, should be in any day now, when I get it I'll let you know how I like it.

Haven't any photos to share just now, but really like my SWMotech/BagsConnection [City model] bag quite well, a couple of their other models should fit the FJR well also, ...love the mounting system! See them at Twisted Throttle dot com, [also good folks to trade with as it happens].
+1 for SW-Motech! When I wanted to order one of their bags (Vina model) , they didn't have a mounting ring that fit my Trophy. Within an hour of my inquiry, I had a phone call from one of the customer service guys asking for measurments of the gas ring, asked me to take a pic, etc. I sent them all the details and the next day they found a similar sized ring (from another bike model) that would fit my bike. I was very impressed and love the bag as there are no magnets to worry about scratching the tank. Great experience! :)

I have their day pack version, rode with it on my Ninja 600, bought a new ring to snap it on my 07 FJR. Daily use-it's right here in the cube with me. I might buy a larger bag for long trips, since they use the same mount system. Even has a camera mount for squid stuff.

sgoat, what do you think about that one? I need something I can carry around, just something to put wallet, keys etc in while traveling so I can take it with me when I leave the bike.
Thanks for all the replies from everyone else, some of those bags are huge! I have a big expandable Famsa (click) for my Strom but want to get away from giant tank bags. I've got more than enough room in the side cases and (soon to be added) Shad V46.

Thanks for the pics too guys, helps a lot.

James
James,

I'm a tank bag junkie and have owned many of the bags shown in this thread. Lotta good stuff out there! I've been using this bag for about 6 years and it's held up well. Holds a fair amount of gear and will expand to accomodate bigger loads. I also have a smaller bag than this I think called the "Manta" by Cortech. I used the big Yamaha bag on my 03' FJR for a time, and owned a Rapid Transit Recon 19. Oh yea, and then there was the Moto-Fizz and.........Oh well, you get my point! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator: