Show us your Cockpit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, do I have some farkle envy!

zzkenoman,

Where did you get the lighted power switches?

(Mounted in your dash "D" panel)

Are they waterproof?

They look nice.

Pretty close to what it looks like now:

IMG_1932.jpg

Do you guys just use regular headphones from your XM units to inside your helmet?
I get my XM audio through my Mixit 2, which is pumped through some Etymotic ER6i earbuds....

Do you guys just use regular headphones from your XM units to inside your helmet?
I get my XM audio through my Mixit 2, which is pumped through some Etymotic ER6i earbuds....
I always wondered how you could hear the radar detector or if you relied on visibility of the lights. Obviously I'm a rookie with these devices. This would be perfect if I could find something similar to that that allowed me to talk on the cell phone also.

I relied on the visibility of the lights, and got a performance award from a nice highway patrolman as a result.... the V1 was screaming/flashing and I didn't see it till it was too late. Never again.

I need a better job. I don't know how you guys pay for all the farkles. Looks like some of you have more in accessories than what the bike cost. :eek:

I relied on the visibility of the lights, and got a performance award from a nice highway patrolman as a result.... the V1 was screaming/flashing and I didn't see it till it was too late. Never again.
yeah, performance award.....that's it.

:rolf:

I just finished hooking up my Roady and I'm picking up a lot of ignition noise :bigeyes: Has anybody had this problem? And how can I get rid of it.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions to eliminate this noise. It's enough to drive me &^%#&*.

Here's how my cockpit looks now. The littlite, garmin 2730 and puck are all quick disconnect. The littlite also has neoprene washers underneath it to aid in dampening hi frequency vibration.

This is ALL that will be mounted up front on my bike. Now its time to go riding. :assasin:

IMG_1521_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
... on the right side is my HP/LP/Scanner/Weather/DOT radio, which is probably the best investment above the detector. This will tell me if ANY law enforcement is in the area, whether they have thier radar or laser on or off, or if they are in a plane over head, I can detect thier transponder signal, and it will show me a visual/audible alarm.  I don't think they sell this in California either, but its great to hear them chase people.
Got a link for it?
I have the Uniden BCT-12 unit, which now to find out they have upgraded with CB channels, but its bigger. That model is now the BCT-8 and BCT-7

https://www.uniden.com/products/productdeta...Public%20Safety

https://www.uniden.com/products/productdeta...Public%20Safety

zz -
Re: The Pelican Box... how do you change channels?
Its easy to change the channels with my gloves on, just lifting the cover and pressing one of the preset channels. If I had the remote, I could change the channels that way also.