Sirius Satellite Receiver

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaff

tstaff
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a Sirius receiver for use on the bike & in the car. Need advise on which receiver may be best. I would like to have live radio, not recorded, easy removal for security reasons, or rain, & will it work with my autocom?

Some nice options out there. I have the X-Act XTR1. It works fine but I would prefer to have more preset buttons on the face instead of the 3 and then have to use a selector (band) option (A-F) to access all the possible presets. The buttons are large though, so using them with gloves on isn't an issue.

A1, A2, A3

Band Button

B1, B2, B3

Band Button

C1, C2, C3

Band Button

D1, D2, D3

Band Button

E1, E2, E3

Band Button

F1, F2, F3

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the Streamer GT with Autocom Pro M1. Works great, except you can't adjust the bass and treble because it doesn't run through an amplifier like car stereo or home receiver.

I've installed the Xact Visor model. It uses a knob to select the channels & an edge dial.There is no "cradle", only direct plug in jacks. There are too many cradle style receivers that have failed or become intermittent to suit me.

After much deliberation, I've decided to locate it on it's bracket next to the glove box lid using a fairing bolt. If it works out I'll secure it further with sticky tape & maybe additional bolts through the top surface of the fairing. Everything will be located in or near the glove box to avoid picking up electrical noises from the engine. My Softline intercom is inside the glove box & the harness extends out the bottom.

dobias <_<