SKYWAY Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelinJustRight

Reaction score
Need some help.

Placed an order for skyway sliders yesterday via the website but did not get the email confirmation of my order.

Attempted to contact them by their listed phone number and email but both attempts failed...disconnected and error.

Attempted to PM skyway here prior to this post but error in PM as his inbox was full.

Does anyone know if he is still in business or not?

You should have a photo of Colonel Klink in your avitar...jes sayin.

I'd try to be more helpful, but I'm sure one of the admins will be along to help.

Need some help.

Does anyone know if he is still in business or not?
I wouldn't hold a lot of hope.

This subject has been hashed, rehashed, and generally charred into a coal-like existence. Read and follow this please.

I wouldn't hold a lot of hope.
This subject has been hashed, rehashed, and generally charred into a coal-like existence. Read and follow this please.
Thanks for the info...I will attempt to have my credit card block the charge....guess I needed a bit more research prior to placing the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info...I will attempt to have my credit card block the charge....guess I needed a bit more research prior to placing the order.
Good call.

And this is one of the reasons we have the Dealer and Vendor Feedback area on the forum.

You and others should use it.
I have used that area many times.

Searched for these sliders and found many posts but NOT the ones you added to your reply, not sure why.

Again, thanks for the information.

FWIW, you really don't want aluminum sliders anyway. Unlike others that use Delrin for the slider, they won't actually slide very well when you go down while moving, and will instead catch on the pavement and tear the shit out of your bike as the bolts rip out of whatever they are screwed into (your engine perhaps?)

So now you've learned two things about Skyway Sliders.

You can't get 'em, and you don't want 'em. ;)

FWIW, you really don't want aluminum sliders anyway. Unlike others that use Delrin for the slider, they won't actually slide very well when you go down while moving, and will instead catch on the pavement and tear the shit out of your bike as the bolts rip out of whatever they are screwed into (your engine perhaps?)

I ordered the Delrin product from him but.....

So which Vendor is recommended for sliders? (Hope I don't need them but want them!)

I ordered the Delrin product from him but.....
So which Vendor is recommended for sliders? (Hope I don't need them but want them!)
Well, his Delrin sliders don't have a metal sleeve in them so you squeeze the Delrin when you tighten the bolts rather than getting a predictable metal to metal torque reading. You still don't want them.

The best sliders are R&G racing if you can find them. I got mine from Bike Johnny in the UK, but they are out of business. T-Rex also makes sliders for the FJR. They are less expensive. I don't know if they are good or bad.

Well, his Delrin sliders don't have a metal sleeve in them so you squeeze the Delrin when you tighten the bolts rather than getting a predictable metal to metal torque reading. You still don't want them.
Hope to get this cancelled through my credit card carrrier...

The best sliders are R&G racing if you can find them. I got mine from Bike Johnny in the UK, but they are out of business. T-Rex also makes sliders for the FJR. They are less expensive. I don't know if they are good or bad.
Will Google to see if I can locate, thanks.

MotovationUSA also makes some decent units. I have these on my 1st gen.
Their 2nd gen sliders don't need the "no cut" brackets so they are considerably cheaper.
I looked at these and will decide between them and the R&Gs...thanks!

FYI, I have a set of un-installed plastic Skyway sliders burried in the garage somewhere. PM me if you're interested in them.

FYI, I have a set of un-installed plastic Skyway sliders burried in the garage somewhere. PM me if you're interested in them.
thanks, but I have decided to go with a different style and vendor.

Take a look at the OES sliders usually on sale on ebay.
I took a look and they seem to be reasonably priced, thanks.

Crap. My bike came with the aluminum sliders. I've wondered about that. Sigh...ebay time again.