SKYWAY Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn,

Uh, "former"?

I'm guessing this has something to do with our not hearing or seeing much of anything from you for some time.

I'm hoping if there's a "former" then there's a "current or new".

-John

Don't feel bad I placed an order for a pair last week and did not get the conf email either so

I called them got the disconnect then called information got a different number and that one

was disconnected also.

So it looks like I'll be having the charges reversed as well.

Bummer I though they were nice looking!

I ordered mine last week, and got an instant email confirmation. THEN, I read the negative reports on Skyway. I have tried via email and phone to get in touch with them. No dice. Can't get them to return my email and the phone no. listed is now disconnected. I'm not sure exactly what to do. They have charged my credit card.

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and had the same issues and sent another

email to them and they responded today saying.

Sorry for the delay, your order was shipped today. We are in the process of moving to

a new facility and our site will be updated with a new contact number.

Shortly after I got a UPS tracking conf email saying my package is on the way.

I'm glad I waited, I just dig the looks of those billet sliders.

For everyone who is goign to chime in saying they don't like those sliders,

they are bad, ugly, no good, I don't care I like them and I'll be bolting them

on about this time tomorrow.

I'll post some pics after the install.

P.S. Please don't take my post as an endorsement as I don't have the sliders yet!

I took a clear risk as warned by the forum ordering these so against better judgement

I went for it. I will post when I have them in my hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and had the same issues and sent anotheremail to them and they responded today saying.

Sorry for the delay, your order was shipped today. We are in the process of moving to

a new facility and our site will be updated with a new contact number.

Shortly after I got a UPS tracking conf email saying my package is on the way.

I'm glad I waited, I just dig the looks of those billet sliders.

For everyone who is goign to chime in saying they don't like those sliders,

they are bad, ugly, no good, I don't care I like them and I'll be bolting them

on about this time tomorrow.

I'll post some pics after the install.

P.S. Please don't take my post as an endorsement as I don't have the sliders yet!

I took a clear risk as warned by the forum ordering these so against better judgement

I went for it. I will post when I have them in my hand.
You may not want to bother with pic's on the sliders. I have a funny feeling that they will not appear. (Read post #4)

I may be wrong though.

Pic's on the bike should be o.k.

You may not want to bother with pic's on the sliders. I have a funny feeling that they will not appear. (Read post #4)

I may be wrong though.

Hey Dave,

Well I hope your wrong. I meant Pics of the sliders on the bike.

Off topic, So I got two of my caps on. I stripped one of the bolts the first bolt

on cap #1. They have locktite turbo on them. Now I'm trying to figure out

what the heck to do. I went to Sears today and bought a couple of those

stripped bolt remover sockets and they will work but if I remember correctly

the head of the bolt is right next to a water tube? That's what I get for trying

to rush.

The caps are beautiful though and clean up the engine compartment very

nicely. Also, as stated, the decel popping is just flat gone. Sounds just like

it should when I let off the throttle now.

MotovationUSA also makes some decent units. I have these on my 1st gen.
Their 2nd gen sliders don't need the "no cut" brackets so they are considerably cheaper.
Those are the ones I used on my (former) 2008 FJR. Looked good but a bit of a PITA to install and never had to "test" them.

Wow! King is still among the living!

Where the Hell you been son?

:jester:

Take a look at the OES sliders usually on sale on ebay.
UPDATE....

Got the charges reversed on my card but finally got a tracking number from USPS on Monday...it continues to state there is NO information available for the number.

So I did check out the OES Sliders

Ordered Friday the 16th

Email confirmation immediately

USPS tracking number received Monday the 19th

Sliders arrived on Wednesday the 21st and installed in minutes with clear instructions on their website

They do have the metal inserts and look good as well

HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO TEST THEM!!

Once again, GREAT advice on a FANTASTIC Forum....THANK YOU ALL.

Shawn,Uh, "former"?

I'm guessing this has something to do with our not hearing or seeing much of anything from you for some time.

I'm sure a lot of you have gotten divorced (this is my first) but I didn't realize I'd get boned *this* badly. Judge gave my bike, the one my lovely wife bought me for as gift, back to her. Lovely Wife took everything else so I am bikeless and was homeless for a little while. :(

The good news is, there's not a chance in hell of her selling it for anything near what it's worth - I rode the wheels off of it. :) So if you hear of a woman in Boulder, CO selling a 2008 FJR, stay far away from it - it's not worth it. :)

Those are the ones I used on my (former) 2008 FJR. Looked good but a bit of a PITA to install and never had to "test" them.

Still here, brother. No longer living in CT and looking to buy another FJR next Spring.

(Sorry for the threadjack...)

Sorry to hear about the "boning".

That's just not right about not getting the bike...I would need it for my mental health alone. Hope you recover and are back on your feet with a bike soon.

...and get them sliders. :clapping:

Sorry to hear about the "boning".
That's just not right about not getting the bike...I would need it for my mental health alone. Hope you recover and are back on your feet with a bike soon.

...and get them sliders. :clapping:
+ a brazilian. Sorry to hear the bad news Shawn, and hope you're back on your feet in a hurry.

Shawn,Uh, "former"?

I'm sure a lot of you have gotten divorced (this is my first) but I didn't realize I'd get boned *this* badly. Judge gave my bike, the one my lovely wife bought me for as gift, back to her. Lovely Wife took everything else so I am bikeless and was homeless for a little while. :(

The good news is, there's not a chance in hell of her selling it for anything near what it's worth - I rode the wheels off of it. :) So if you hear of a woman in Boulder, CO selling a 2008 FJR, stay far away from it - it's not worth it. :)

Still here, brother. No longer living in CT and looking to buy another FJR next Spring.

(Sorry for the threadjack...)
That really sucks...you seemed a little pre-occupied at the C & D ride this year. Hope everything works out soon.

I,ve got the Skyway sliders in the Delrin material. They gradually turned gray. I've tried everything I can think of to clean them up. Mothers " Back to Black" was the only thing that worked at all but still not good. Anybody had any luck in restoring the color?

You should have a photo of Colonel Klink in your avitar...jes sayin.
Done
Neither one of those guys is the colonel. Sgt. Schultz was the one that was always saying, "I know nothing...NOTHING!"

So I think you're good... :drinks:
Actually the guy on the right is Colonel Klink, The one on the left is Schultz and Colonel Hogan is in the middle.

This will get you to IMDB

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058812/
Yeah...he changed his avitar after my post...