SKYWAY Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys & Girls,

Sliders (SkyWay) came in packaged well. Clear instructions. I bolted them on in about two minutes

and as promised here are a couple of pics. They are great looking and I hope they stay that

way!

[/quote

Glad you got them and that you're happy with them.

My tracking number still shows "there is no record of this item"

Maybe he got word that I blocked the charge.

Anyway...extremely happy with the OES sliders.

It's been almost two weeks since I ordered. Not a word from Skyway other than the original order confirmation. My numerous emails have not been answered. The phone number listed has been disconnected.

Crap, I got the Delrin sliders a couple of years ago, evidently while Skyway was still in good standing here, and never thought anything about the lack of metal sleeves.... oh well, if I don't lay it down, no worries, right? :rolleyes:

Crap, I got the Delrin sliders a couple of years ago, evidently while Skyway was still in good standing here, and never thought anything about the lack of metal sleeves.... oh well, if I don't lay it down, no worries, right? :rolleyes:
A concern of the Delrin sliders without the metal sleeves is that overtime they will compress and thus lose the torque settings. Just a suggestion, but you may want to recheck the torque on your sliders.

A concern of the Delrin sliders without the metal sleeves is that overtime they will compress and thus lose the torque settings. Just a suggestion, but you may want to recheck the torque on your sliders.
Will do. I have had buzz in the handlebars that has been hard to eliminate entirely, despite:

• G2
  • Heli Triple Clamp
  • Throttlemeister heavies
  • Crampbuster
  • Grip Puppies
  • PCIII
Maybe it's the sliders?

I just replaced my Skyway sliders with OES. It definitely had a positive effect on the buzziness.

Last edited by a moderator:
After two weeks of trying, I finally got word from Ian at Skyway that he is sending along the sliders. While that's good news, I had already ordered a set from OES thinking that the Skyways were not coming. Looks like I'll have a set for sale when/if both set arrive. I guess it will be nice to have a choice but I have now spent way too much $ for a pair of sliders. Live and learn.

Skyways and OES Sliders BOTH arrived in my mail today. While both appear to be quality products, I installed the Skyways.