Skyway sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior

Reaction score
Howdy, I'm new to the FJR world. Picked up my "06" on 5/2/06. Learned a lot from this Forum, was a waiter since 2/6/06. Love the bike (period)!!

The folks on this site are really sharp. I learned about the protection that "sliders" can provide on this type of motorcycle (I'm formerly of the cruiser world). I decided on trying the Skyway sliders made by Ian Laing of which I learned about on this Forum.

Simply put; GREAT PRODUCT. I sent out a money order to Ian and received the product in less than 10 days. Installed them per his instructions, and was in business in less than five minutes. They look great, like a factory installed item. Can't be happier with this product (thanks Ian). I feel a lot more confident about possible tipovers. This ride is a lot more top heavy than a cruiser and has taken some adjustment to manage.

For those who were wondering, you can't go wrong with the Skyway sliders. Good Ridin' 2 u.

I can't agree more. I got the sliders from Ian and put them on my 06 this past Sunday. They look great and are super easy to install. Great all around product. :clapping:

I received my sliders from Skyway today. These things are beautiful. My wife was a little miffed trying to figure out why I was so excited over a hunk of metal :blink: . It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Thanks Ian, great product.

Either look on the membership list for Skyway and PM, or look on the Parts area and the imformation should be there. TJ

Howdy, I'm new to the FJR world. Picked up my "06" on 5/2/06. Learned a lot from this Forum, was a waiter since 2/6/06. Love the bike (period)!!
The folks on this site are really sharp. I learned about the protection that "sliders" can provide on this type of motorcycle (I'm formerly of the cruiser world). I decided on trying the Skyway sliders made by Ian Laing of which I learned about on this Forum.

Simply put; GREAT PRODUCT. I sent out a money order to Ian and received the product in less than 10 days. Installed them per his instructions, and was in business in less than five minutes. They look great, like a factory installed item. Can't be happier with this product (thanks Ian). I feel a lot more confident about possible tipovers. This ride is a lot more top heavy than a cruiser and has taken some adjustment to manage.

For those who were wondering, you can't go wrong with the Skyway sliders. Good Ridin' 2 u.
Junior what a first post! (I'm not sure who you really are though, as your profile is empty).

I'm glad that you like them. I don't own an '06 model myself, but they sure look nice when installed.

Happy trails Junior, are you attending WFO this summer?

hey,

I've had mine on my '05 for a few months now ,, it's one of the first things other sport bike riders ask ,, "where'd you get those ,, they'r cool as s**t ",, and " those sliders are awsome "

the quality is #1

Skyways slider are a piece of work. REally really nice.

anyone know what size hex wrench i need to get the old bolts out?

thanx

GreyGoose

GreyGoose, try a #10 Metric, worked fine for me. For anybody out there, What is WFO? Like I mentioned, I'm new to this game.

+1 got mine a couple of days ago and they are a work of art!