• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyway, I'd like to order a set of 06 sliders. Can I still do that?

Don

Confirmation of delivery. Thanks again! They are almost as pretty as the bike!!

Mine showed up today. you are an artist! :yahoo: Thanks so much for your efforts. I know this isn't your full time gig and I appreciate your service.

The next batch is complete and ready to go. All you guys who are asking for a status on delivery, your packages will be shipped tomorrow.

Skyway,

Thank You, Thank You, they look great. I get my bike on Thursday. They will be put on once I get home.

It's real obvious that KatesDad doesn't live on a dirt road... see how CLEAN that bike is? :blink:

KaitsDad -

Either that or you will have to make a trip or two on the dirt road sometime when you are in the area! :D Heck, when you n' Turbo and friend did your posey sniffin you were very close! Sorry I was working and couldn't meet you.

Apologies for thread hijack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyway;

Got these today, absolutely beautiful, will mount them today. Two things:

1) Which side takes the longer bolt? I'd rather only undo one engine bolt at a time, and I think I can figure out which slider goes on which side just by looking, but I would like to know ahead of time which side needs the longer bolt.

2) You accidentally sent me two sets; I assume that one of these was meant for someone else. If you cover the cost, I can either ship them back to you, or to the person who should have gotten them. Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,

Drew

Skyway;
Got these today, absolutely beautiful, will mount them today. Two things:

1) Which side takes the longer bolt? I'd rather only undo one engine bolt at a time, and I think I can figure out which slider goes on which side just by looking, but I would like to know ahead of time which side needs the longer bolt.

2) You accidentally sent me two sets; I assume that one of these was meant for someone else. If you cover the cost, I can either ship them back to you, or to the person who should have gotten them. Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,

Drew
Drew, If you put both bolts inside my sliders, there will be an equal amount of thread length protruding out of each end. It will not matter if you remove both bolts at the same time, what is important is that you torque the left side first.

Sorry for shipping you 2 sets, and I appreciate your honesty. I just shipped another large batch today, so hold onto them for now and I will let you know where to send them.

Drew, If you put both bolts inside my sliders, there will be an equal amount of thread length protruding out of each end. It will not matter if you remove both bolts at the same time, what is important is that you torque the left side first.
Sorry for shipping you 2 sets, and I appreciate your honesty. I just shipped another large batch today, so hold onto them for now and I will let you know where to send them.
I tried using the length of bolt protruding, but like a fidiot used the wrong point of comparison to compare the two sliders, so one looked longer. Once I use the bolt-exit-point as the frame of reference, I got it. Duh. :rolleyes:

NP about the sliders, I'll tuck 'em away for ya'.

Drew

Skyway-

Got my sliders....look great. You having a two-for-one sale?? Or should I ask what's in the other box?

Skyway-Got my sliders....look great. You having a two-for-one sale?? Or should I ask what's in the other box?
Damn, not sure whats going on with the double shipping? Will have to check paperwork. :unsure:

OK a quick check of shipping reciepts has reveiled not 2 but 3 double sets shipped. Late nights for multiple days has my mind going round in circles it would seem. :blink:

Anyway the 3 players are listed. Who's the odd one out? I left out the last digit of each zip code on purpose.

Luchan - 1155*

Thorp - 3200*

Sylvester - 6311*

Skyway,

Mine showed up today (sent you a PM). Look great! Nice work!

Came complete with all hardware, and even instructions!

I have got a set of 06A sliders for sale.... New in box... $35 obo... just kiddin. Skyway-where you want 'em?

I have got a set of 06A sliders for sale.... New in box... $35 obo... just kiddin. Skyway-where you want 'em?
Could you hold 'em for me. Ill let you know where to forward them to.

Sorry.

Did you read this from above?

OK a quick check of shipping reciepts has reveiled not 2 but 3 double sets shipped. Late nights for multiple days has my mind going round in circles it would seem. blink.gif

Anyway the 3 players are listed. Who's the odd one out? I left out the last digit of each zip code on purpose.

Luchan - 1155*

Thorp - 3200*

Sylvester - 6311*

Status
Not open for further replies.