• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my sliders yesterday, had them on before I could take my work clothes off! They look fantastic and really only too 5 minutes to install. Thanks for the rapid service!

Ian;

I'd like to order a set of sliders as well. Will use PayPal... I realize it will be a short time before you have these ready to ship. Just don't want to miss out once they are good to go.

Thanks very much for your great work.

Patrick Callahan

Just wanted to drop you a line that I sent my check snail mail last week and hopefully you should have received it by now. Thanks and look forward to receiving the sliders in a couple weeks. Everett

Now taking orders. A fellow FJR owner took time out of his day to allow me to do a mock up of the sliders on his '06 FJR. They will fit both the 'A' and 'AE' model.
Both sliders are a little different in terms of how they need to bolt up to the bike, but will appear the same when mounted. Installation instructions are provided with each kit. No fairing removal necessary for installation.

They will also protect the upper fairing when its adjusted outward.

Material 6061 Billet Aluminum, supplied with necessary mounting hardware.

Price delivered to the lower 48 $85.00 ($88.00 via PayPal to [email protected])

If you prefer, snail mail a check payable to Ian Laing and mail it to:

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Pictures courtesy of Kaitsdad's 2006 'A' FJR.

Skyway: Do you have any left ?? If I mail you a check will you send me a set ?? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Suuuuuweet :yahoo: . Paypal'd you last night. Thanks, man.

ScrapeApe - Got the check today, you must be a good salesman. :lol:

BTW - you never got back to me on the GXM30 mount? Did you come up with a price for me yet? :D

Skyway-

Your product sold itself as it was demo'd on my bike. I'm still trying to convince S.O. I need the Garmin 2730...hard sell being $1k...maybe you can send me 2 and I can sell one and......

Ian,

Just sent you an order for the sliders via PayPal.

David

One quick question:

Since the sliders bolt onto the engine, are the bolts hardened steel? The OEM bolts are specially produced. I learned the hard way when my Yamaha V-Twin shook a bolt loose from the case and it took weeks to get one from Yamaha -- I checked with local vendors and a manufacturer, and they said it was special hardened steel. I'm not an engineer, just asking if the bolt will take the forces in a crash or how they would be transferred to the engine in that ugly scenario. If somebody could explain it to me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Don't forget to send me an updated fix!
Remember, I'm got one of the sets with the wrong bolt size.
Skyway I've got the same problem with the bolt size, I can't mount them. Please send me the updated fix.

Thanks

Do you make them for the 05 FJR? If so, let me know the price and I definitely buy a pair. :tomato2:

Ian,

What's your e-mail? I'll send you a paypal for how much? What's the eta on the next batch?

thx.

Skyway...I'm sending you a PayPal payment for 06 sliders immediately. Will get them installed while the bike is being repaired from my crash this morning.

This could be your bike without the sliders!

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.