• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have typed several posts to this thread, then counted to 10 and deleted them before posting (most) of them. No, I didn't buy one of these tanks, but, but while this rotten deal obviously impacts the buyers the most, by far, it casts a pall over the entire forum. If I had ordered one of these tanks, I would have filed a small claim a long time ago. Yeah, I would invest another $50-100, but, especially if SEVERAL of you get judgments against him AND FILE LIENS, I'll bet you get your money. If he was folding up, that wouldn't be the case, but, with the exception of this deal, it seems to be pretty much business as usual with him. How many credit apps, etc, have you filled out where one of the questions goes something like: "DO YOU HAVE ANY LIENS FILED AGAINST YOU?" How would you like to have to answer that question with "only 15-or 20"???? IMO, you guys have been too nice for too long!

I posted on here a long time ago that I had filed with the BBB. They closed the investigation a short time ago with a "No response from the vendor" summation.

I'm like many involved in this, in that I've struggled for the last 2 years (2 years next month to be exact) to come to grips with the fact that Ian screwed the pooch so badly on this. I'm also nowhere near the vicinity of his business, and don't relish dropping MORE money on legal maneuverings to try to force his hand.

I'd be willing to add my voice to a collective action, but don't know where or how to initiate it.

I know I am reading this late in the game but did Ian ever comment on why he was not making good on this deal? I was not included in this but the more we learn the more we can guard against future forum purchases. It's really too bad and I feel bad for you guys.

did Ian ever comment on why he was not making good on this deal?
Yes he did. He even admitted to messing up and not following through. Said all those involved would get a refund. But here we wait and nothing.
Yep, he sure did. At the same time he said he would refund the purchace price of the tank provided the tank was sent back to him. The guy also said he would reimburse for the tank return shipping cost.

Has anyone seen a check yet?

[SIZE=10pt]I likely will not win any popularity awards for this post. But after two years of refraining from posting here -after seeing the latest round of hurt feelers, I just feel compelled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

**PLEASE take this post in the positive spirit it is intended, -even if you don't like what you hear.**

[SIZE=18pt]Shame 1[/SIZE]

On the forum for having "Preferred" vendors. Mind you, a list of vendors is good, a place for vendors to promote their swag is good …but when a forum promotes some folks over others: Problems are bound to happen.

The assumption that the forum should take some responsibility when things go awry with a preferred vendor is always going to be assumed by users.

Furthermore, if we take a step back, we see that most of the issues of hurt feelings etc on the forum have come from vendor related things. It has caused people to leave (whether pushed, nudged or on their own accord). It has created motivation for folks to search out (or even create) other cyber spots to fulfill their FJR on-line wants and needs.

Speaking specifically of this thread. The heavy handed moderation has failed. This is a real-world issue and can’t be fixed by social-engineering via moderation. The people who got fucked on this fuel cell should have every opportunity to voice how they intend to move forward if they wish. Instead they were coached to be patient, coached on what ‘not’ to say. Thread closed, opened, closed, opened ….Eventually (at moderator discretion, not real-world dynamics) we were told it was now “OK” to be mad and even suggestions/ideas provided as ways to move forward.

Weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.

[SIZE=18pt]Shame 2[/SIZE]

To the people who spent their money because someplace in the cyberworld told them it was OK. You should have all bought this fuel cell because of your own personal belief and confidence in the source. In short, I’m shocked at the lack of personal responsibility by those who are looking to the forum for suggestions, actions, sympathy -or anything for that matter.

[SIZE=18pt]Shame 2.1[/SIZE]

To those without blood in game who poke, prod, patronize and offer holy suggestions. What many of you cease to understand: Those of us with blood in the game lost a chunk of cash.

But, what is worse than all that: We got butt-fucked in public –in front of you and everyone else. While were slow to admit it, we’re embarrassed. I’d encourage you be ever-present of that fact when hitting the submit button.

[SIZE=18pt]Shame 3[/SIZE]

Ian: What a clusterfuck deal this is. Your lack of performance, lies and blatant disregard for all things regarding this are only outdone by the fact that you continue to sell and communicate on other products.

Un-fucking-believable.

[SIZE=18pt]Kumbaya, Karma, ‘Intent’, Love and fairness[/SIZE]

I don’t know everyone on this fuel cell buy –but I know of two folks with entirely different thoughts/actions on this.

They were opposite, but IMO both came away with winning outcomes:

-One fellow pushed Ian hard and got a refund. That was some time ago. He was self-sufficient, didn’t whine to the forum or follow others' advice. He followed his own agenda and made things happen.

-Another fellow has purposely put this whole thing behind him (and did so early on).

He chalked it up to “bad shit sometimes happens”. Like watching your 401K go down, like a few bad hands on the blackjack table etc. He put it behind him and moved on.

I have no doubt that the positive energy he’s put into other things has more than made up for what he lost here …not to mention the cost of bitterness etc that is still going on with many folks here -is not on his plate.

I applaud both of these guys.

While many of us may not like the way the forum handled this, let’s remember to keep people’s ‘intent’ ever-present. No way did anyone wish this on anyone. No way are personal attacks justified or warranted.

[SIZE=14pt]---My ramble---[/SIZE]

Many have seen the cell on my FJR and I’ve got numerous pings about it ….all kinds of questions and many assumptions that aren’t true. I’m not about to go into all the details here/now (shit,it would take a month), but the bullet points are this:

• I bought a fuel cell from Ian, just as everyone else here did.

• I *soon* became frustrated when the first delivery promise was not made, this was very early on.

• I canceled my order, told Ian that I was going another direction –as I had another source already lined up and they were prepared to overnight it to me. I did not ask for a refund, but told Ian that the next request for a fuel cell, let that person have the one slated for me and they could pay me directly. (obviously this never happened)

• Ian, in an attempt to keep everyone happy asked me to come to Sonora and borrow the mock up fuel cell. (not the nice finished product we were all promised). I took the bait and took time from work and went to Sonora

• From here the story becomes too crazy but let me just say this: If anyone out there thinks that renojohn is a bastard because he got ‘His’ fuel cell. Well, you’re certainly free to think that, but the truth is that I went through many hoops with Ian for the next many months. Hoops that I did on my own accord. I still never got the finished product.

• Truth is I’m into this fuel cell way deeper than I ever imagined. Not just the money, but the days off work, the trips to Sonora, the hoops I went through for Ian and countless other hoops that won't be shared here. Trust me, I’ve paid my dues tenfold.

• Yes, I still I came out better than most. Part luck, but partly because from the early get-go I took responsibility to make it go or not …I walked away not once, but twice. Sure, I sometimes wonder if I should have kept walking the first time …but really no good comes from dwelling on past mistakes.

I very much feel for all of those on this buy who got nothing ….and how about those who got nothing then sent their self-bought fuel cells in for a refund -that never came. Man-0-Man, nothing X2

I think of Ian on occasion and know that he’s got some tough stuff going on. I believe that he’s in pain over this …but his lack of accountability here doesn’t reflect this. Hence, I don’t get too upset. Still, I wish him the best.

I really hate to see the hurt feelings by folks involved here -and the drama and frustration are likely contributing factors. While I don’t have the answers, I very much believe that each of us must make our own choice(s) and go forward accordingly.

RenoJohn

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I may not agree with everything, some wise words there my friend.

What a tragic mess.

If anyone does file small claim it is imperitive that they list the correct name. Ian created an LLC on 4/10/07 so you need to recognize this. My check was to Ian personally and dated before the LLC creation date.

Here is a little info on his LLC :

https://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowLpll...er=200710610209

Also, don't say anything here about any small claim you may file as this would look bad on you by the courts.

Good luck!

Bang on..... John

I have got it in my mind that the money is gone and that I will never see any thing to show for it.

What bothers me the most is someone mentions one of his products and then someone pipes up and says sure he still sells them.

Until this is resolved I can not support his product or anyone that promotes his products. And I will tell anyone that in public!

If need be I will tell them of the GREAT FUEL CELL BUY

Bang on..... John
I have got it in my mind that the money is gone and that I will never see any thing to show for it.

What bothers me the most is someone mentions one of his products and then someone pipes up and says sure he still sells them.

Until this is resolved I can not support his product or anyone that promotes his products. And I will tell anyone that in public!

If need be I will tell them of the GREAT FUEL CELL BUY

Nope no dog in this hunt, just a fellow Biker. Hope this is useful.

What worked for me in the past:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

https://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx

Q: Do you have a definition of Internet crime that I can refer to?

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

Q: Can I file a complaint if I have been defrauded of money or goods?

If you believe you are the victim of an Internet crime, or if you are aware of an attempted crime, you can file a complaint on our website. Be sure to include as much information as possible about yourself (i.e. name, email address, mailing address, etc.), the perpetrator, and the Internet crime that you are reporting in order to expedite your complaint.

Never give up the Ship.

Jimstan

IC3 complaint submitted... don't know how their process works, but it may help to have as many of us (~20?) who got involved in this to send in similar complaints. Would probably add validity to the claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to reach Skyway. I tried to PM him, but that wouldn't go through saying the mailbox is full. I left a telephone message, and I left an email message on his website. Not heard nothing. Have I missed something?

:dribble:

Status
Not open for further replies.