Slave Cylinder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
Hey there fellow FJR Roders!

Well I finally put on a GEN I clutch Slave Cylinder on my GEN II 2008 FJR. I did not like the stiff clutch feel of my 2008 so, with the help of this forum, I found out that some of you replaced the stock GEN II slave cylinder with a GEN I slave cylinder. As the 2009 FJR came out, Yamaha claimed a lighter clutch pull and a new feature for 2009. I did a little research and found that on 2009 and newer FJR's, the way Yamaha achieved the lighter feel was to use a GEN I slave cylinder with no other changes to any of the clutch componets.

Well, today I made the change and there is a noticable reduction in lever stiffness! :yahoo: The engagement point is the same as the stock one.

Looking forward to the coming riding season with less left hand pain in those stop and go traffic backups!

Peace!

Thanks for the confirmation. I have a GenI slave cylinder sitting on the shelf ready to install on my 07.

Hey there fellow FJR Roders!
Well I finally put on a GEN I clutch Slave Cylinder on my GEN II 2008 FJR. I did not like the stiff clutch feel of my 2008 so, with the help of this forum, I found out that some of you replaced the stock GEN II slave cylinder with a GEN I slave cylinder. As the 2009 FJR came out, Yamaha claimed a lighter clutch pull and a new feature for 2009. I did a little research and found that on 2009 and newer FJR's, the way Yamaha achieved the lighter feel was to use a GEN I slave cylinder with no other changes to any of the clutch componets.

Well, today I made the change and there is a noticable reduction in lever stiffness! :yahoo: The engagement point is the same as the stock one.

Looking forward to the coming riding season with less left hand pain in those stop and go traffic backups!

Peace!