Small Bag that Fits on Luggage Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cortech sport tail bag was the one I always used to have my eye on. The other option I was considering was bolting a pelican case down back there. I just wanted the ability to carry something and not have the side cases on or have to wear a back pack. I was lucky and found a great deal on a smuggler trunk. That thing is the bomb.

Holy crud balls! I'm sure that last thing is an outstanding product, but man. Probly says FJR right on it somewhere, to explain the price. Or maybe it says "Harley."

OK, that's enough criticizing. Now I'll offer something constructive. Consider something truly useful--a custom tail rack from Gerauld. It replaces the tiny, rounded, weak plastic stock butt end that came with your bike, has a million ways to strap most any size or shape box or bag down securely. So much better, and safer. He makes a couple designs, and colors to match all years, with or without the back rest.ALWAYS use Rok Straps, not bungees, by the way.

DSCN0194.jpg

So far I have not found a small tail bag that would work for me, but a small tank bag does.

Interesting rack.....(something about that just didn't sound right to me)....but I digress.....does adding that rack take care of cracking / weak tail section or should that still be a concern?

Don't buy a big bag. You cant put much more than a few pounds on the tail section anyway. I would find somethig to fit on teh rear seat if you're not using it.

crikey - for $250 that damned thing better have the "complimentary reach around" function.

I use the Cortech Sport Tailbag and it works well. And I also have and use this Kurakyn Daily Tour bag which works really well as I strap it on one of Garauld's tail racks.

https://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/345/Daily-Tour-Bag

Last edited by a moderator:
crikey - for $250 that damned thing better have the "complimentary reach around" function.

I use the Cortech Sport Tailbag and it works well. And I also have and use this Kurakyn Daily Tour bag which works really well as I strap it on one of Garauld's tail racks.

https://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/345/Daily-Tour-Bag
Agree!!It is really very expensive for what it offers...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crud balls! I'm sure that last thing is an outstanding product, but man. Probly says FJR right on it somewhere, to explain the price. Or maybe it says "Harley."

OK, that's enough criticizing. Now I'll offer something constructive. Consider something truly useful--a custom tail rack from Gerauld. It replaces the tiny, rounded, weak plastic stock butt end that came with your bike, has a million ways to strap most any size or shape box or bag down securely. So much better, and safer. He makes a couple designs, and colors to match all years, with or without the back rest.ALWAYS use Rok Straps, not bungees, by the way.

DSCN0194.jpg
Loved mine on my 08 Feejer and will get another for my next 13' or 14'

pazzos008Large.jpg

B-Day055.jpg