SMOKIN DEAL !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Harley Davidson, the only company able to mix fuel and air in an internal combustion engine without the consequence of horsepower"
I thought it was, "Harley Davidson: An engineering marvel that converts fossil fuel into noise without making all the bothersome horsepower."
Or we could go with, "Harley Davidson: 100 years of tradition unhampered by progress." :lol: :lol:

Okay....now that the obligatory congrats and adulations are out of the way..

1.) Enjoy the longer wheelbase (not so good for the twisties).

2.) Enjoy the slower acceleration.

3.) Enjoy the wind-sucking louvers and vents. That ought to help the gas mileage.

4.) Now maybe the rest of us can keep up with you. :yahoo:

Dumping the SLOW grey ghost for the fastest Cobalt. Good move!

Thread Hijack

I thought you would get a dual sport as a second bike for your driveway :D

BTW how did that come out?

From Lee's Post:

Are you still looking for an '06 FJR1300AE?? I am the sales manager at a HD dealer and there is a good chance that I will have one in our inventory later on today. It is Blue, showroom condition, 2900miles, frame protectors (aluminum), throttle lock, ABS, Corbin seat with passenger backrest.
If we get the bike on trade we will most likely not even put it on the floor....so a quick sale is our primary goal. Please let me know if you are still in the market.

Yeh, they don't want to put it on the floor as it would really make them (HD) look bad. But if the polished the Alum slider really bright and put a HD sticker on the tank and called it and FJR-hard tail. With all the new and higher HP from HD, I'm sure it would sell for $45,000 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Merry Christmas Dave. Welcome to the 06 club, the one's with the better looking blue, taller gearing and higher top end speed. Two is always better than one. PM. <>< :D

Congrats on a great deal, bastage! :D Personally, I'm stunned here. I'd like to hear from the original owner of this FJR. :eek:

Must be one of those more money than time remaining on this Earth to spend it types. Maybe his original purchase went like this:

Buyer: Gimme this bike and gimme the works!

Dealer: Yes Sir!

Several thousand tacked-on dollars worth of farkles later, he's off, only to decide a month or so later, nah, gonna try me one o' them Harleys instead.

I wonder if he traded the Harley in yet?
No, that's not quite how it went. You got the first part right but when he came back his face was white and he had a newly acquired tremor "You didn't tell me it was that freaking fast. How about one of those scooters as a trade?"

HighLander... I, for one, am very happy for YOU. IMHO, it's about time something good came your way. :clapping: Attaboy's to ya.. Wasn't that long ago you were screaming at the world; when your world was total pain. A little joy is very long overdue!

Well I worked late and took the long way home !! :D Just got in, ya know it's 46 degees :ph34r: out there in places? Who knew without the 06 thermometer !!

Seat feels like a keeper,

Suspension needs help /adjustments,

Throttle feel is different, I understand the compliants, it'll take a little getting used to it.

Tranny feels smoother

'Stones suck after three sets of Avons

Barn door windshield did a good job

Reserve judgement on the heat and performance in the twisties.... too dark and the forest rats were out.

Took a look under the seat when I got home...........Powercommander !! :yahoo:

Thanks for all the Kudos... hope the quotes work out below :D

Hope I didn't miss any questions either!!

The corbin is a custom job I think.....
Is the riders seat extra low or the passenger seat extra high?????

Whip
It looks different from the website also. I'll measure height this weekend.

What the hell were you doing at an HD dealer??? :angry2:
Easing their pain ! :D

Whats to become of the '04?
You got too many miles on it?

Diane looking to do some canyon carving of her own? :D
1) Stripped and sold off I guess !

2) 33,000 miles in two years with 6 months no riding.

3) Not unless she rides with stilts !! :)

SCORE!
Wow, that's amazing... I'm assuming you won't like the Corbin, nobody does, so send it to me for disposal and I'll take care of it.
Yeah Ok, ship the money to my buddy in Nigeria will ya ! :p

Thread HijackI thought you would get a dual sport as a second bike for your driveway :D

BTW how did that come out?
Still a hole in the ground. The property owner where the road goes through is determined to wait for FEMA money, scared of liability in the future..........we're still waiting :blink: ( but approved )

YIKES, DAVE!!!!! What a score!!!! Tell us, though -- you DID feel just a little bit guilty (like you stole it) as you snuck out of the HD dealership with the papers signed, didn't you?

At least we know this FJR will get a lot of miles doing what it was designed to do.

Many conga rats to you on the new Feejer in your garage!

Dave,

Per our PMs, I'm delighted you jumped on the oppty. Killer deal. (Maybe the Harley dealer will send me a Harley ballcap as a "thank you" for the referral.)

Kinda funny, my '06A that I bought private party from a fellow Forum member (no longer posting) a few months ago, had only 1700 miles and was sold 'cuz the owner wanted to return to riding Harleys.

To each his own , I guess. For $10,750 I got the bike, 4 yr warranty, Corbin heated saddle, Corbin Smuggler, Scorpio alarm, sliders, freeway pegs, direct-wire battery tender, Cee Bailey and stock windshields, FJR logo cover...plus (not yet installed) Audiovox Cruise, Xtronic HID lights, fender hugger, Kisan TS Minder...plus $1500 in brand new riding suits (Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket) and an FJR ballcap!

I hope the (very nice guy) previous owner is happy with his new Harley.

Kinda funny, my '06A that I bought private party from a fellow Forum member (no longer posting) a few months ago, had only 1700 miles and was sold 'cuz the owner wanted to return to riding Harleys.
To each his own , I guess. For $10,750 I got the bike, 4 yr warranty, Corbin heated saddle, Corbin Smuggler, Scorpio alarm, sliders, freeway pegs, direct-wire battery tender, Cee Bailey and stock windshields, FJR logo cover...plus (not yet installed) Audiovox Cruise, Xtronic HID lights, fender hugger, Kisan TS Minder...plus $1500 in brand new riding suits (Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket) and an FJR ballcap!

I hope the (very nice guy) previous owner is happy with his new Harley.
Same way I got my '03 Blackbird with 2,900 miles on it. I had a '97, and wasn't really looking for another when I wandered into Big Valley Honda in Reno to find a nearly pristine '03 XX on the floor that had been a trade-in at the HD dealer next door. One inch chicken strips and the only damage was scuffing of the right mirror housing where it had rubbed against the inside of a trailer when it was trailered out from North Carolina to Reno. $7,000 out the door for a nearly new rocket ship! Like you, I was happy for the guy who got what he thought suited him better, but bewildered about what it must be like to trade up to riding a bike with about 1/2 of the RWHP, poor brakes and the remarkable difference in reliability between a Honda and a HD. I sold the '97 Blackbird a few months later. To each his own -- that's why they make so many different bikes, I suppose.

Highlander, I'm a little late to the congrats party, but that's one hellava fjr steal. :yahoo:

I have the dealer here talked down $2100 for the OTD price on a '07 when it comes in any day now. I doubt if the corbin seat or anything else off my '03 will fit the new black cherry machine. Please keep me posted on the Yosemite ride this June.

ride safe

Highlander, I'm a little late to the congrats party, but that's one hellava fjr steal. :yahoo:
I have the dealer here talked down $2100 for the OTD price on a '07 when it comes in any day now. I doubt if the corbin seat or anything else off my '03 will fit the new black cherry machine. Please keep me posted on the Yosemite ride this June.

ride safe
Yeah, but Peggy is getting a "Cherry" red one whilst Mr. Smooth is stuck with "Cool blue". :yahoo:

And you're right Pegscraper, the seat won't even come close to fitting. But Jacquie is going to love the higher pillion (er, "Queen") seat. ;)

ride safe

Seat / Sliders wont fit but the Radar and comm can be switched over :coolsmiley:

So thanks to Lee for the heads up about the 2006 on the BARF board, I'm now the owner of two FJRS ! :yahoo:
I don't know if the HD dealer did not know how rare a bike he had, or maybe didn't want FJR horsepower bleeding all over his showrom floor.... who cares... but I stole a 2006A, with 2800 miles for $9600!! :clapping: :clapping:

How's that song go " I'm a happy boy, happy boy

I'm a happy boy, happy boy

Don't you love when things are going you way

HEY, HEY "

Money's transfered and I pick it up tomorrow. B)

Comes with a $900 Corbin set up, headlight covers, fatty grips, jumbo bar-ends, tankslapper kit, Sliders, refective kit on the bags and throttle lock. :D

I feel like a freekin newbie again !! :p

2856628-mvc-058s.jpg

2856629-mvc-059s.jpg

2856631-mvc-060s.jpg

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend stripping down the 04 !!! :D
SURE HOPE IT ISN'T ONE OF THOSE BIKES FROM NEW ORLEANS!
Snorkle.gif

CK
laughing3.gif
(just kidding)

Anybody out there want a "Smokin 1/2 off Deal" for your '03-'05 FJR:

1) Corbin seat

2) Yamaha Top box w/ backrest

3) Yamaha Top Box Rack

4) Yammy 4" taller shield

5) Bailey 4" taller shield (top flip)

PM me.

Yup, trade an '06 FJR for a Hardlee....hey to each his own! Thatzz a DEAL, enjoy her. My '06 is so much better than my '03 it was rather amazing. The stock saddle tho, IMhO, suxx and will eventually be replaced by a Sargent if they ever get thier act together and build one . I did put the optional (Corbin built) Yamaha saddle on my '03 and found it to give excellent long range (400-600 mile) comfort. I start squirming after an hour or so on the stock FJR saddle, but other than that and not having BS 020s (I like them) this bike is as close to perfect as any of my 78 bikes have been! ENJOY! DFO :D

Skyway said he thought he knew whom might have traded the FJR in. Since the pictures look like Skyway TOG, I'm a bettin he does. Glad your surgery is behind you, your Jazzed up & full of Piss & Vinegar. You deserve to have a great time. TJ :yahoo: