So...all you who take pics while riding....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

networkguy

Reaction score
Mine at the moment is the wifey on the back, but...sometimes I see stuff and by the time I tell her to take a pic its gone. So how do you guys do it?

Choices I see are...some sort of ball mount (windshield might get in the way), some sort of mount on the handlebars, helmet cam, or just keep a cam in your left pocket and hope you can one hand it without dropping it?

Discuss!

Mine at the moment is the wifey on the back, but...sometimes I see stuff and by the time I tell her to take a pic its gone. So how do you guys do it?

Choices I see are...some sort of ball mount (windshield might get in the way), some sort of mount on the handlebars, helmet cam, or just keep a cam in your left pocket and hope you can one hand it without dropping it?

Discuss!
Camera in the tank bag, with the lanyard blowing in the breeze so it's easy to pull out :)

Lanyard around my neck and it is short enough the camera doesn't hit the tank.

Me too, but hard to grab it, find the "on" button and hit the shutter. (I also found a very small-gauge split ring--about 3/8" in diameter--to put through the attaching point on the camera instead of just the little cord that came there. Then I put a larger split ring on that and the lanyard is connected to the larger ring.)

I often hold the camera positioned in my hand when I'm in a real scenic area. About the only way to get those surprise shots.

IMG_1210.jpg

I keep the camera in my tank bag, use my keft had to shoot the pics. It is prob not the safest way but I get some good picks,

Tank bag. I keep a tripod ball screwed into the bottom of the camera for a good positive grip. The power and shutter buttons are easily reached with my pointer finger.

DSC04632Large.jpg

without an attachment you can get interesting shots, but do risk losing a camera. 3 years without a loss so far.

IMG_0796Large.jpg

Me too, but hard to grab it, find the "on" button and hit the shutter. (I also found a very small-gauge split ring--about 3/8" in diameter--to put through the attaching point on the camera instead of just the little cord that came there. Then I put a larger split ring on that and the lanyard is connected to the larger ring.)

I often hold the camera positioned in my hand when I'm in a real scenic area. About the only way to get those surprise shots.

IMG_1210.jpg
Mikey,

From the look on his face, it appears you caught this guy in the latrine!

On topic, I use a RAM ball mount mainly for videos, hand held with lanyard for stills. Wife is now my tail gunner (as labeled by Uberkul) with our new Nikon and making me look like the amateur that I am. :rolleyes:

In dry weather, lanyard around my neck with the camera resting on the tank bag. Takes some practice but with a digital, who cares...delete the stuff that's no good!

--G

Wife with the SLR set on sport mode. Communicate via the J&M if I see something I want her to get. Download teh camera each day, which gives her 800 pictures she could take a day. Sometimes, we just stop.

Camera in tankbag with lanyard attached to outside of tankbag. My only problem is not giving the camera enough time to process what it just shot before I want to snap another (probably should review my camera's settings, lol). When 2up, the wife handles everything.

img_2224.jpg

Bradman following behind me while on a recent excursion to Uwharrie National Forest.

Last edited by a moderator: