So Cal run Apr 29th - May 3rd.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so whats happening tomorrow.
R
Fairlaner, is your outfit going to let you off work on Friday? I hear your company's really busy on Friday's. Ha, ha; I slay myself. Richard is even more worthless "sin trabajo" than Papa Chuy is!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will leave for So Cal (rain or shine) Wednesday, the 28th of April, overnighting in Thousand Oaks and riding to San Diego on Thursday, the 29th of April.
I will start back for home on Sunday, the 2nd of May overnight along the way and continue home Monday the 3rd of May. If you are interested or just want to see where the hell is Sam I have a satellite tracking system on the bike.

It sends a location beacon back to the internet about every 10 minutes or so while riding. I normally send an "OK" message when I start and stop each day. You can track about the last 7 days of progress here

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/v...4Ji8vVbLgHkMZLv

password is my initials: ska

Looks like you made it!!! :yahoo:

Hope the winds weren't too brutal and were in your favor.

It's gonna be beautiful up here on the Central Coast on Sun/Mon. I'm taking Monday off! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't have access to a computer till today (just now in Del Mar). The ride through the Santa Monica Mountains happened today, Redtail and I had a good time running through the canyons - my favorite was Latigo Canyon - I am still dizzy from those fun turns taken at a fair speed ;)

Great meeting you Richard (Redtail)! I will keep you posted on what I am doing Sunday, it all depends on when I leave beautiful Del Mar. If I do overnight in SoCal on Sunday night maybe there can be a FJRForum ride on Monday through 33 to 166 and then I split off and go home on 101 to 25....

PS - I had a great ride yesterday also, I have a ton of pictures I will have to go through when I finally get home. I don't want to plug in the thumb drive to someone-else's computer.

It's gonna be beautiful up here on the Central Coast on Sun/Mon. I'm taking Monday off! :rolleyes:
Tree Doc, I will keep you posted on what is going on Sunday/Monday, I am sorry my plans are not clear yet, it all depends on how my visit here in Del Mar unfolds. I have two options leave early from Del Mar on Sunday, hit 33 and 166 and overnight in Pismo Beach area, or leave later maybe in the afternoon and overnight in the Greater Los Angeles area, then hit 33, 166, 101, 192 and 25 on the way back home.

I will keep you guys posted and will let you know on Saturday exactly what I am doing. I apologize if my shifting plans are an inconvenience. :(

Tree Doc, I will keep you posted on what is going on Sunday/Monday, I am sorry my plans are not clear yet, it all depends on how my visit here in Del Mar unfolds. I have two options leave early from Del Mar on Sunday, hit 33 and 166 and overnight in Pismo Beach area, or leave later maybe in the afternoon and overnight in the Greater Los Angeles area, then hit 33, 166, 101, 192 and 25 on the way back home.

I will keep you guys posted and will let you know on Saturday exactly what I am doing. I apologize if my shifting plans are an inconvenience. :(
Hey man, ride your ride!!! Don't worry 'bout little ol' Tree Doc!

I was just sayin' that Monday....I'M GOIN' RIDING!!! After I heard the forecast for Sun/Mon, I told the crew today that they won't be seeing me on Monday!! :assassin:

If you do pass through, let me know. My destination is undecided!

oh nice secret fucking rides now........
R
puppychow and Tree Doc, It's just as well you two aren't riding with Fairlaner anyway. He rides so fecking slow, you're always looking in your rear view mirrors for 'R'. Just like that Niehart guy. Ha, ha!

oh nice secret fucking rides now........
R
:blink: :lol:

Jam on up the coast, Fairlaner. I'm riding whether puppychow rolls thru town or not! Maybe Hwy 1 > Naci-Ferguson Rd > Jolon Rd > Interlake Rd > Vineyard > Old Creek or who knows! It's gonna be warm and no wind here on the Central Coast!

I am gonna pass on Monday but you should come and join us for lunch at Outlaws in Atascadero on Sunday May 16th....

We will be heading up to Monterey and you are welcome to join us for as long as you like.

As you can see we don't keep our rides secret......

R

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Sam and I had a great ride through "Hidden Valley",Decker canyon, Mulholland Hwy, Hwy 1 and Latigo Canyon. We stopped at the local hangouts, but they were eerily void of locals. Of course it was early thursday morning!

Good to meet you Sam, thanks for including me in your adventure!

Consider taking the 1 from Arroyo Grande through Lompoc down to Gaviota and there reconnecting to the 101. It's much more scenic than the 101 through that stretch. The 1 will intersect below your 101/154 intersection. You can ride back north about 12 miles to Buellton and take the 246 through Solvang to the 154. That part of the 154 you're dropping isn't all that interesting. It's the southern part you really want to ride.

While on the 154, if the time is right and you need to stretch your legs, consider stopping at Cold Springs Tavern, an historic stop on the old stage coach run from Santa Maria to Santa Barbara. It's a bike stop and you'll enjoy the terrific scenery. It's located here:

Cold Springs Tavern on the old stage route.

Cheers,

W2

EDIT: oopps...day late & a dollar short. Oh well.

AHHHH Neptunes Net... the worst fish and chips on the planet.......

R
**** me running! Richard, the only fish and chips on this planet that you are going to say are decent fit fare: Will have to be within 10 kilometers of Big Ben on the River Thames in London Town!

Thats not true, some of the best fish and chips i ever had was in Palm Springs when we went with Johnny80's recently....so there...

But the best will always be out of newspaper in the UK.

R

I am gonna pass on Monday but you should come and join us for lunch at Outlaws in Atascadero on Sunday May 16th....We will be heading up to Monterey and you are welcome to join us for as long as you like.

As you can see we don't keep our rides secret......

R
There was nothing secret about the Thursday ride. I have been posting fora couple weeks that I would be running through the Santa Monica Mountains Friday initially and then posted again when I changed it to Thursday and that I would love some local advice on roads and some local company. Redtail was the only one who responded from So Cal about wanting to join me, so I assumed he was the only one available to ride on Thursday. Would have loved to meet the rest of the So Cal FJR crew, maybe this Sunday or Monday, will post an update again tomorrow what I am doing on Sunday. Tree Doc and I couldnt connect on the Central Coast, but sometime again soon :)

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Sam and I had a great ride through "Hidden Valley",Decker canyon, Mulholland Hwy, Hwy 1 and Latigo Canyon. We stopped at the local hangouts, but they were eerily void of locals. Of course it was early thursday morning!

Good to meet you Sam, thanks for including me in your adventure!
Thanks for leading me through the canyons Richard! I had a great time! Hope to connect with you again at WFO and even before that if one of our travels brings us each other's way!

I will have to trouble you to email me the hi-res versions of those pics - I think you have my email! :)

Sam