So called Problems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr105

Reaction score
Maybe someone could enlighten me, I haven't visited the fjr forum but a couple time since last April, Today I visit and read a topic post that stated the 06+ fjr has tons more problems then the previous years. I know of the ignition recall which I've had replaced, however I have 20,000 miles on my 2008 FJR with not one issue, only maintenance done to date is oil changes every 2 to 3,000 miles and the final drive lubricant changed twice. A set of PR2's at 11,000 That's it. What other problems have I been missing out on or what should I be looking for ???

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I had 77K miles on my '06 without a single problem other than those covered by recalls.

The "Ground Spider" is the issue that is the most prevalent, and which Yamaha needs to get off their asses and issue a recall for.

FWIW, I had 77K miles on my '06 without a single problem other than those covered by recalls.

The "Ground Spider" is the issue that is the most prevalent, and which Yamaha needs to get off their asses and issue a recall for.
I've heard of those ground spiders, and yes something should be done about it...

LOL

Apart from the recalls, the only thing that kinda sticks out there as a possible stinger is the ground spider situation...and even that seems to be a hit or miss thing that can be remedied by some relatively simple preventative measures. IMHO, the rest of it comes down to maintenance practices or wear and tear brought about by environmental factors or style of riding. I don't think the Gen II is any more troubled than any other piece of human engineered mode of transportation. Perfection is something we'll never have.

My FZ6 had a similar list of issues and one, the TPS, could even get injure or kill you if it caught you off guard...luckily Yamaha issued a recall for it.

Last edited by a moderator: