so new to the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pensacolafjr,I have a 03 that I bought new in 2002. You can PM me with any questions if you like. My bike has made 2 trip to your part of the world. One was 3600 miles to LA and South Florida, the other was a working trip to Troy Alabama. A couple of things to start out with. Does the bike have the original springs and shock? Do you have the original seat? And was farkles have been done. Send a PM I will give you other contact info so we can talk in person.

pm sent

Pensacolafjr,I have a 03 that I bought new in 2002. You can PM me with any questions if you like. My bike has made 2 trip to your part of the world. One was 3600 miles to LA and South Florida, the other was a working trip to Troy Alabama. A couple of things to start out with. Does the bike have the original springs and shock? Do you have the original seat? And was farkles have been done. Send a PM I will give you other contact info so we can talk in person.

pm sent
+1 here also

I'm at mholiver at patriotguard dot org and feel free to corrospond via email if you like (PM accounts fill up at 100 messages and I write alot if you let me) :unsure:

I have a Gen I '04 almost as fast as your '03 (WFooshee - his handle for Walter Fooshee, lives in Panama City and has a '03)

That's not Walter, that's his bride Jan... :yahoo:

I won't post the pic with Walter...the contrast is, well, horrible... :rolleyes:

dsc02481smqw7.jpg

I can recommend D&D risers. I'm 5'8" ish and found that the standard model worked best for me, but try the 10degree forward ones, too.

Pepperell